Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy (1018 Views)

Need Help On Best Hp Laptop / How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? / Newly Designed Laptop to Cost $100 (14,000 Naira) or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by ifihear(m): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
How efficient would a Laptop with the following configuration be:
-320GB Hard drive
-2GB RAM
-Webcam
-bluetooth
-intel
-HDMI
-DVD Writer
-WLAN
-WiFi
-64 bit
-Processor speed:1.66GHZ

I intend to use it for WAEC/JAMB etc registration and also for my AUTOCAD,3D design applications.
Please I need your advise on this because I think the processor is kind of low and might not make my applications/softwares run smoothly.
Advice needed urgently. Tnx
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by tirtimy: 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
Check for one with more processor core (dual, quad etc)
Try to get one with a higher RAM size.
Try to get 1 with a graphics card.
These are mainly for the 3d application.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by ifihear(m): 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
@tirtimy

Tnx 4 d insight...but aside the 3D and AUTOCAD applications,would it run smoothly for other non-heavy applications? Say for normal browsing and games?
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by plato00: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
Your video card and graphics card wld determine d gaming. As for regular browsing, d spec is good. So far u dnt do rily heavy stuff online lyk top level hacking. You can get more solutions to your device / gadget problems and inquiries for free at .com
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by tirtimy: 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
For 3d applications, you need a graphics card.
And if u plan using the laptop for some month, then buy it. You need to plan for the future, forget this one and get a system with a higher configuration.
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by ifihear(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2013
tirtimy: For 3d applications, you need a graphics card.
And if u plan using the laptop for some month, then buy it. You need to plan for the future, forget this one and get a system with a higher configuration.

Bro..I thank you for enlightening me more. But a friend is also interested in the Laptop but needs it for just browsing purposes and possibly examination registration(He is also into WAEC,JAMB registration). Would you advise him to go for the Laptop,being that it is brand new and comes with a one year warranty.
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
pls what dell laptop can i buy to be use for gaming and installing engineering programs like latest auto cad looking at the following properties 750gb-1TB, 6-8g Ram, i5-i7 core. I need ur advice and pls if possible the model of the laptop.
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by moonraker(m): 7:39am On Feb 13, 2013
if_i_hear: How efficient would a Laptop with the following configuration be:
-320GB Hard drive
-2GB RAM
-Webcam
-bluetooth
-intel
-HDMI
-DVD Writer
-WLAN
-WiFi
-64 bit
-Processor speed:1.66GHZ

I intend to use it for WAEC/JAMB etc registration and also for my AUTOCAD,3D design applications.
Please I need your advise on this because I think the processor is kind of low and might not make my applications/softwares run smoothly.
Advice needed urgently. Tnx

huh?? you wanna use a netbook for autocad?? seriously??
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by mikekelech(m): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
go for this Dell Latitude Intel Ci5 /750gb/4gb/ BT/WC/WL/DVD_RW/15.6”/Win7-Pro 08032638135
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by tirtimy: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
if_i_hear:

Bro..I thank you for enlightening me more. But a friend is also interested in the Laptop but needs it for just browsing purposes and possibly examination registration(He is also into WAEC,JAMB registration). Would you advise him to go for the Laptop,being that it is brand new and comes with a one year warranty.

If it is for only browsing and registration purposes, he can use it.
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by DesBuild: 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Almost new Toshiba Satelite L750D
AMB VISION E2 DUAL CORE
6GB RAM, 750GB HARDDISK
AMB RADEON GRAPHICS
DIRECT WIRELESS
ENERGY STAR
BLUETOOTH, WEBCAM
Price-70k
call 07042144750
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by DesBuild: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
call

Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by mindtricks: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
if_i_hear: @tirtimy

Tnx 4 d insight...but aside the 3D and AUTOCAD applications,would it run smoothly for other non-heavy applications? Say for normal browsing and games?
I think the specs you posted are ok for nonheavy apps but maynot be for things like AutoCAD, and heavy games.
Re: Advice Needed On New Laptop To Buy by DesBuild: 10:44pm On May 01, 2013
Des-Build:
Almost new Toshiba Satelite L750D
AMB VISION E2 DUAL CORE
6GB RAM, 750GB HARDDISK
AMB RADEON GRAPHICS
DIRECT WIRELESS
ENERGY STAR
BLUETOOTH, WEBCAM
Price-70k
call 07042144750

3 hrs battery

(1) (Reply)

Best Microsoft Office App For Ipad / Check Out This Ultra-cheap 6,000 Naira Tablet From Datawind / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.