Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? (44354 Views)

How Can I Use My Avast Antivirus Software For Life? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / How Can I Use My Computer As A Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2010
pls help. i want to record audio. how can i use my laptop microphone?
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
house, pls respond now,

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Dokki: 4:49am On Feb 23, 2010
Yes you can - most laptops today come with built in microphones to do this.
2 thing you should note however -
1. You might need some software to carry out what you want but it might be included in the packages installed on your laptop
2. The recorded sound quality is usally poor because of background noice and quality of the microphone so you will hear alot of hissing over the recording.

To use you microphone - if you are using windows you need to activate this, there are a few ways to do this depending on the flavour of windows you are using but most will allow you to do this from the control panel - let me know the version you are using and i will give you the instructions.

Good Luck

D
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2010
i use windows xp, on samsung netbook nc10. tnx
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Dokki: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
Yes your laptop has an internal microphone -
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/n-series/NP-NC10-KA02UK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec&fullspec=F

To activate it or check if it is working follow these instructions -
Go to Start -> Settings -> Control panel -> Sounds and Audio devices

On the volume tab - click on advanced, you will see a column called Microphone, make sure there is no check mark on mute, if there is click in the box to remove the check mark

If you don't see the Microphone column, click on options (top left hand corner) and in the drop down menu click on Properties. Click on playback and put a check mark in all the boxes in the window especially the one for microphone.

Click on recording and do the same thing - put a check mark in all boxes.

click on Ok and now you should be able to see the Microphone column and follow the above instruction.

After all the above is done, click ok to go back to sounds and audio devices, click on voice and click on the test hardware.
Follow the instructions, hopefully everything will work for you.

Good Luck!
D
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by dodo10: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
hello, if u have awebcam and u can upgrade from xp to vista .window 7
it is very simply by going 2 webcam software and do what u want 2 do
recording
video
voice recording/playback
for more help
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
my question aint yet answered. i have enabled all u said. where do i go to start recording sound? what program do i use to record sound? pls assist. thank you.
undecided
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by PCbusayo(f): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2010
google it
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
my namuga 1.3 webcam only takes pictures on its own.
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Dokki: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2010
http://www.sound-recorder.com/

You then need something like this software, instructions to use are on the site.

D
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by Ziggyjoel(f): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2010
thanks all. i have googled it, i got AUDACITY SOUND RECORDER now. excellent. i thot i could get an inbuilt program. all ur contributuions are highly appreciated kiss wink smiley grin
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? by ogbongzky(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2010
Ziggyjoel:

thanks all. i have googled it, i got AUDACITY SOUND RECORDER now. excellent. i thot i could get an inbuilt program. all your contributuions are highly appreciated kiss wink smiley grin

Yes, audacity is very good and you can even use it to edit audios.

If you need in built recorder, just point to START-PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES

Under accessories, you will see the in buit recorder, though it only records for a short period and betetr if you use attached microphone.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / Can My Wireless Keyboard Work With My Pc Without Using An External Receiver? / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.