Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,510 members, 7,843,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Pope Resigns, Saying No Longer Has Strength To Fulfill Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Resigns, Saying No Longer Has Strength To Fulfill Ministry (483 Views)

'Suffer Not A Witch To Live'; Can We Possibly Fulfill This Scripture Today? / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns / "he Gives Strength To The Weary And Increases The Power Of The Weak." - Isaiah 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Pope Resigns, Saying No Longer Has Strength To Fulfill Ministry by afuye(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
Feb 28 because he no longer has the strength to fulfill the duties of his office, becoming the first pontiff since the Middle Ages to take such a step.

The 85-year-old pope said he had noticed that his strength had deteriorated over recent months "to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me".

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter," he said according to a statement from the Vatican.

A Vatican spokesman said the pontiff would step down from 1900 GMT on February 28, leaving the office vacant until a successor is chosen.

(Reporting by Steve Scherer; editing by Janet McBride)

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-benedict-step-down-february-28-110422132.html
Re: Pope Resigns, Saying No Longer Has Strength To Fulfill Ministry by mukina2: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2013

(1)

Don't Ask For Revival / What Questions Would You Ask God / A Papal Resignation Unlike Any Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.