Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Don't Ask For Revival - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Ask For Revival (476 Views)

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Buhari Appears On A Church Poster For Revival (photo) / Ways Women Ask For Offering Indirectly On A Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Ask For Revival by Joagbaje(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2013
Some people tend to always ask for God to revive them. Is this a New Testament prayer?

Romans 12:11AMP
Never lag in zeal {and} in earnest endeavor; be aglow {and} burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord (

King David asked in Psalm 85:6, "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?"

Many Christians today unwittingly pray like this, asking the Lord to revive them. The new man in Christ doesn’t need revival. All through the Epistles, none of the Apostles ever asked God for a revival. That’s because we have in our day something the Old Testament folks didn’t have; we can be filled with the Spirit and revived from within.

We can maintain the glow of the Spirit twenty-four hours every day by praying fervidly in other tongues. This is something you must take seriously this year; be afire for the Lord, bubbling and exuberant in the spirit every day! Jesus said in Acts 1:8,

"And ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you."

The power that Jesus refers to here is inherent power; power that reproduces or revives itself. When you pray in tongues, the same glory that the apostles experienced in the Upper Room on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2-4) can come on you, and you can maintain that glow consistently every day. When you feel weak from within, speak in other tongues, and revive yourself. Jude 1:20 says,

"But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost."

The solution you require is inside you. The Bible says,

" . . . But we have this treasure in earthen vessels…" 2 Corinthians 4:7.

When you have tough choices and decisions to make, spend time to speak in tongues first! When it looks as though you don’t know what to do, or how to handle the challenges that are coming at you, set yourself to pray fervently in the Spirit! You’ll be stirred and set in the flow of the Spirit to receive direction as to what to do, and how to do it.
Re: Don't Ask For Revival by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Mmmmm
Re: Don't Ask For Revival by Goshen360(m): 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
My dear brother Joagbaje,

Insightful article. My concern 'sometimes' about you is whether you stand by NT teachings that reveals the Old or you mix both Old and New Testament together at the same time. I love you bro but you need to stand wherein Christ has made us.

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6

Nice article bro.
Re: Don't Ask For Revival by christemmbassey(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: My dear brother Joagbaje,

Insightful article. My concern 'sometimes' about you is whether you stand by NT teachings that reveals the Old or you mix both Old and New Testament together at the same time. I love you bro but you need to stand wherein Christ has made us.

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6

Nice article bro.
bro Joe ride on, if no be tith me and you for be tight, janyway i love ur post its what we can refer to as 'the present hour truth' just for this? I love you, but warn tith o to leave two of us alone o. U're blessed sir.
Re: Don't Ask For Revival by Joagbaje(m): 6:16am On Jan 03, 2014
christemmbassey: bro Joe ride on, if no be tith me and you for be tight, janyway i love ur post its what we can refer to as 'the present hour truth' just for this? I love you, but warn tith o to leave two of us alone o. U're blessed sir.

Tithe , offerings, prayers , worship , alms , fasting will always be kingdom principles.

(1) (Reply)

Your Take On Comedians' Use Of God's Name And God's Ministers To Crack Jokes / Moral Or Sanctimonious / Grace Upon Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.