Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche (1831 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Preventing Infidelity In Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by royalistic: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
My heart is aching that i need to talk to someone so i can feel a little relieved. i have been married for atleast eight yrs, i have been so loving and caring to my husband and above all VERY FAITHFUL. he knows all these yet he most times shows little or no concern about it for the past 3 or 4yrs now. my most heart breaking problem now is his promiscuity is beyond what i can imagine my own husband to be part of. he flirts with both young girls and old ladies far older that him. He is 33+ n am 31 we have 4kids yes he foots our feeding bills but never worries about our looks nor spends time with us. rather he uses every little time he stays in house to chart with his laptop or pin with his bb. ones i decided to. have a proper check with d bb phone he use to use before he gave it to me 4 a new one my heart bleed with his promiscous charts pons and sms i saw. when i try to questions him concrning it he turn it into fight and later blocked the phone and i can only call. receive or sms. What can i do cause our marriage is gradually sinking cos no more life of relationship or romance in it. pls help with drastic ideas i can use to comfront him .realistically
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by Hotstepper(f): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
My advice to you is to invite God back into your home and pray for your husband because there is nothing God cannot do. Its well my dear
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Hi poster, when he met you, you played hard to get, do it now, dont grovel in the sand, stand tall, make him feel there is another man *please dont actually have another man oh, just make him FEEL that there is another man*. Remember men are overgrown boys, who wouldnt like a toy until another boy takes interest in that toy, such a first boy will want to have that same toy. As for prayer, pray that all his fling partners be surrounded wit hedge of thorns and soon they would break up. from jp

1 Like

Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by danjkad: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2013
Op I feel 4 u. Bt let me ask u some questions?
Hope u still give ur hubby attention?
because some women once dey start havin kids, dey devote almost all dere tym on d kids showin little or no care 4 d husband.
And again d little tym ur husband spends wit u at home u shld use it 2 show him love, care, attention, play wit him. Chat wit him, dere ar romantic games, play dem wit him, do nasty tins dat even if he goes out he'll always want 2 come back home 2 u.
Also pray cos prayer dey say is d key.
Everytin is goin 2 b alright.
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by royalistic: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Thanx everyone for ur advice. i really appreciate. i have been praying 4 him for good undeniably cos i love him unconditionally but each time i think of his promiscous life it weakens my spirit and breaks me down. if he attributes it to lack of attention or care from me i think i will say his just being selfish cos u dont expect d same tempo of everthing we had when we started to just remain d same when children have been involved. otherwise he should have constant outings with us to beach and entertainment places thats where r/latnships r been renewd. better stil bring in a nanny 4 d kids.
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2013
This is a serious one.
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by maclatunji: 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
royalistic: Thanx everyone for ur advice. i really appreciate. [b]i have been praying 4 him for good undeniably cos i love him unconditionally but each time i think of his promiscous life it weakens my spirit and breaks me down. [/b]if he attributes it to lack of attention or care from me i think i will say his just being selfish cos u dont expect d same tempo of everthing we had when we started to just remain d same when children have been involved. otherwise he should have constant outings with us to beach and entertainment places thats where r/latnships r been renewd. better stil bring in a nanny 4 d kids.

Madam, I am so sorry about your heartache but you have to accept that your husband is nothing but a "spoilt brat" (if your story is true). The question is: are you willing to continue accepting it? God knows that it will take a miracle for him to change- why? His moral compass is already broken. If not, he would not be cheating all over the place. Let us face it, sex is pleasurable and if he is getting it everyday or very frequently from different women, how do you expect him to stop? It looks like Mission Impossible . Madam, brace yourself and decide what you want to do with the rest of your life and pray that this man will not destroy himself and take you down with him.

What are your options?

1. Behave as if nothing wrong is happening and pray for a better tomorrow.

2. Challenge him and demand that he stops or you will walk out of the marriage.

3. Demand that he uses protection whenever he wants to be with you and just ignore the rest.

4. Continue fighting him each time that you find evidence of cheating and make the home hot for him.

5. Talk to him, find out why he does it. Beg him to stop and involve his family members and friends that you think are responsible and hope that he will begin to change.

The world seems to have more or less accepted cheating from men and to a much lesser degree women. It is up to you women to start looking hard before tying the marital knot- let me give you a hint: If he is intimate with you before marriage, know that he will have little or no qualms about cheating on you in marriage- it is quite simple really.

It is either you have moral scruples or you don't. I know a few people make mistakes but those can be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In general terms, my assertion is correct.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by ifekemmy(f): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
My advice is dat u shld invite God into ur marriage n devote ur time in praying. Am so sory this is happening to u.
Always give him wat he wants @ d rite time especially sex bt be careful n always use protection.
Dnt fight him or cry in his presence he will always be happy. Be strong n stand firm on ur feet. Pls go n watch dis movie MR $ MRS , u will see one or two lessons deduce from it.
STAY BLESS

1 Like

Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by uhuns: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
madam,
1. are you paying back your sins?---examine yourself
2. pray to god------------ with all sincerity of purpose
3. careful, dont go to remote controllers to calm you hubby------Churches, prayer house, friend taking you to see one man /woman of god but you always meet outside the church
https://www.nairaland.com/smileys/grin.
4. avoid remedies to change the man, concentrate on yourself and allow god to do the change--------maybe you need to change------maybe you pushed him to marriage too early------looks like a common p/h talk
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 18, 2013
ei devils advocate here... could it be you've let yourself go and he is no longer happy coming home to you? your looks, body shape? Have the kids become your life such that you are now too tired to do anything with him? My dear... there are many reasons men check out of their marriages emotionally. It may be you.
Re: Infidelity In My Marriage Is Devastating My Psyche by chukkynwob(m): 1:20am On Feb 18, 2013
A man that will cheat will inherently cheat,so don't even blame yourself for his actions.

Pray,pray and pray some more.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? / Do You Love Wedding Pictures / Would You Love To Have Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.