Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton Shutout At The Grammys - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton Shutout At The Grammys (776 Views)

Pictures Of Nigerians At The 2015 Grammys / PHOTOS: Beyonce, Rihanna And Adele's Child Look Alikes At The Grammys / ~Super Diva Omotola Jolade Ekeinde At The Grammys 2011~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton Shutout At The Grammys by Orpelin: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Former President Bill Clinton and first lady Michelle Obama were nominated for Grammys in the spoken-word category Sunday night, but neither of them ended up taking the prize, much to the surprise of the winner, Janis Ian.
“I can’t believe I won over them. To say this is an upset is an understatement,” Miss Ian said.

The Grammy for best spoken word album goes to the year’s best audiobook for adults. Miss Ian won for her reading of “Society’s Child: My Autobiography.”
An analysis done by The Daily Caller shows that not one
prominent conservative has made it on the list dating back to 1997.
“If you’re a conservative, you are more likely to be appointed to President Barack Obama’s Cabinet than be nominated for a
Grammy in the ‘Best Spoken Word Album’ category,” The Daily Caller’s Jamie Weinstein writes.
President Obama has won both times he was nominated. Mr Clinton has been nominated three times and has won once. Hillary Rodham Clinton has been nominated two times, winning once, and Al Gore won in 2009, the only time he was nominated, The Daily Caller reports.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/11/michelle-obama-bill-clinton-shut-out-grammys/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
Re: Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton Shutout At The Grammys by oluwadare26(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2013
I know if michelle was around, she would av won the award

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bus Carrying Passengers Plunges Into Lagos Lagoon / Chris Brown Said That Wizkid Taught Him How To Dance "Azonto" / Chris Brown And Rihanna Take Shots At Each Other On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.