Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? (2007 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 12, 2013
Its the surname of a friend and nobody has been able to give her a direct answer as to its meaning. Some people say it means ''to share'' but we are not really sure. Could anyone please assist us?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 12, 2013
AHAZIE OR AWAZIE?
4 me i think the pronunciation changed as a result of dialect or smthing. Means to put in place,or plan and organise acurrately.
*Telling us where she comes from could help a big way*
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Abagworo(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Awazie, Ejezie, Agazie are synonymous.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Feb 12, 2013
Is your friend from Nkwerre ?
The full name is Awazie ulo/ama ehie n'udo.
Can you figure out the meaning now?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
chidyhels: AHAZIE OR AWAZIE?
4 me i think the pronunciation changed as a result of dialect or smthing. Means to put in place,or plan and organise acurrately.
*Telling us where she comes from could help a big way*

She comes from abia, umuahia I think.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
ifyalways: Is your friend from Nkwerre ?
The full name is Awazie ulo/ama ehie n'udo.
Can you figure out the meaning now?

Er... just asked somebody, neither of us could figure it out. Please forgive the ignorance of the young generation, maybe I'll spend more time here to learn igbo.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
Abagworo: Awazie, Ejezie, Agazie are synonymous.

Really ashamed to say this but please what do ''Ejezie'' and ''Agazie'' mean? The friend I am with right now is telling me it depends on the particular place.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 1:07am On Feb 13, 2013
inurmind:

Really ashamed to say this but please what do ''Ejezie'' and ''Agazie'' mean? The friend I am with right now is telling me it depends on the particular place.
Ndigbo!!!shocked wey no understand igbo.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 13, 2013
Bélla3: Ndigbo!!!shocked wey no understand igbo.

Lol, both my parents were born and raised in the west. Heck! My father even understands and speaks yoruba better than some yoruba people. So me still trying to learn small small.
You teach me?grin
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by madamebebe(f): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
ehh summing about DIRECTION or TO GIVE DIRECTION.. I hope i helped. kiss
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
inurmind:

Lol, both my parents were born and raised in the west. Heck! My father even understands and speaks yoruba better than some yoruba people. So me still trying to learn small small.
You teach me?grin
How much you wan pay? Lol. I'm guessing you even understand it better than me. Hw u doing?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
madame_bebe: ehh summing about DIRECTION or TO GIVE DIRECTION.. I hope i helped. kiss

Lol, so many different meanings read into the name. Thanks though, helped me get some direction.cheesy
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bélla3: How much you wan pay? Lol. I'm guessing you even understand it better than me. Hw u doing?

Lol., so nah only ezenwanyi you know? Mean say if you follow me go east they fit sell both of us? Okay nah.grin
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
inurmind:

Lol., so nah only ezenwanyi you know? Mean say if you follow me go east they fit sell both of us? Okay nah.grin
lol.......... Them no fit sell me o. My juju pass their own.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bélla3: lol.......... Them no fit sell me o. My juju pass their own.

Really? Okay why don't we play a game then. You seem to be quite obssessed with learning about people's characters, so tell me mine and what you think of it: my strenghts and weaknesses, what you think could be done about those weaknesses and what could be improved upon in those strenghts.
Then atlast compare me to an animal, after which I will do yours.
In for the challenge?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by ifyalways(f): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2013
inurmind:

Er... just asked somebody, neither of us could figure it out. Please forgive the ignorance of the young generation, maybe I'll spend more time here to learn igbo.
Na wao.Is it that you cant read or write but speak Igbo or is this a case of zero all round?
And you grew up in this Nigeria ?

anyway,awazie ulo/ezi/ama/ihe ehie n'udo is more of a proverb and cant be translated literally else the meaning would be lost.It simply means Good planning ensures peaceful retirement.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2013
inurmind:

Really? Okay why don't we play a game then. You seem to be quite obssessed with learning about people's characters, so tell me mine and what you think of it: my strenghts and weaknesses, what you think could be done about those weaknesses and what could be improved upon in those strenghts.
Then atlast compare me to an animal, after which I will do yours.
In for the challenge?
hmmmm... Expanciate! And the comparing to an animal might not go down well...

@bold, Why does everyone think so? Its not funnyangry grin
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 11:20am On Feb 17, 2013
ifyalways: Na wao.Is it that you cant read or write but speak Igbo or is this a case of zero all round?

anyway,awazie ulo/ezi/ama/ihe ehie n'udo is more of a proverb and cant be translated literally else the meaning would be lost.It simply means Good planning ensures peaceful retirement.
I here by confer on you, the title of ADA UKU 1 of nairaland.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifyalways: Na wao.Is it that you cant read or write but speak Igbo or is this a case of zero all round?

No need to insult me nah, no be my fault.
Anyway thanks, infact chukwu gozie gi.grin
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: hmmmm... Expanciate! And the comparing to an animal might not go down well...

@bold, Why does everyone think so? Its not funnyangry grin

Lol, why replying so early, did sunday sermon touch your heart or did you just see this? I'm guessing none. Oya yarn me.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 11:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
inurmind:

Lol, why replying so early, did sunday sermon touch your heart or did you just see this? I'm guessing none. Oya yarn me.
I slept throughout service. God forgive moi. lol, i replied when i saw it.
I think you are
cool.
Unbiased(most of the time nt always sha.grin)
quiet
Intelligent
Funny
a musician
and this is your alias accountcheesy
I'll add more when i remembergrin.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: I slept throughout service. God forgive moi. lol, i replied when i saw it.
I think you are
cool.
quiet
a musician

Chai! I'm not a musician o, thats the last job for me, I just like listening to music when I am free. As for you, I think you are:
really friendly(I doubt you could do without having lots of friends),
strong(atleast you think you aregrin) but beneath soft;
open, free, lively;
desperately looking for thrill.
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:14am On Feb 18, 2013
inurmind:

Chai! I'm not a musician o, thats the last job for me, I just like listening to music when I am free. As for you, I think you are:
really friendly[b](I doubt you could do without having lots of friends)[/b],
strong(atleast you think you aregrin) but beneath soft;
open, free, lively;
desperately looking for thrill.

I'm quiet in real life o.
Thanks for the compliment. Now i know i'll have sweet sweet dreams and probably smile like an idiot through out tommorow just like am doing now.cheesycheesycheesy
Erm... Why wont you consider music?

What does the last bold mean?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:17am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: I slept throughout service. God forgive moi. lol, i replied when i saw it.
I think you are
cool.
quiet
Intelligent
Funny
a musician
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: I'm quiet in real life o.
Thanks for the compliment. Now i know i'll have sweet sweet dreams and probably smile like an idiot through out tommorow just like am doing now.cheesycheesycheesy
Erm... Why wont you consider music?

What does the last bold mean?

Music is for drama queens and kings, not in that list.

About my last quote though, erm...grin
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 18, 2013
I think you are
cool.
quiet
Intelligent
Funny
a musician

#bows#cheesy
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:30am On Feb 18, 2013
inurmind:

Music is for drama queens and kings, not in that list.

About my last quote though, erm...grin
What does it mean na!
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:31am On Feb 18, 2013
inurmind:

#bows#cheesy
*clears throat*cheesy
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: What does it mean na!

Me I no know o.grin

In my usually unserious note, riddles are to be solved. smiley
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:36am On Feb 18, 2013
inurmind:

Me I no know o.grin

In my usually unserious note, riddles are to be solved. smiley
angry Okay o.
You no dy sleep?
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: angry Okay o.
You no dy sleep?

I'm a vampire.grin
Actually I dey go sleep now now, have a great night!
Re: Igbo People Please What Is The Meaning Of The Name ''Awazie''? by Bella3(f): 12:43am On Feb 18, 2013
inurmind:

I'm a vampire.grin
Actually I dey go sleep now now, have a great night!
yea... You too.cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English Accent In The World - CNN. See Full List.. / (Picture)Meymand , A 12000 Years Old Cave Village Of Iran and still existing / 10 Weirdest Wedding Rituals That Would Leave You Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.