Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,639 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

My Windows Vista Refused To Browse - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Windows Vista Refused To Browse (2056 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by mmonwuba(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2008
My windows vista all of a sudden stopped browsing. It obtains ip address, when you ping it replies fine, you can see other computers on the network but it just refused to browse. What can i DO ?
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2008
buy a Mac grin
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by inze(m): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2008
Neoteny:

buy a Mac grin

advice
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Dreloaded(f): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2008
I agree with neoteny grin
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by LadyT(f): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2008
Vista is so crap I hate it. It does not work well online. My browser crashes if you try to open certain links,
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2008
Maybe its the web browser, what are you using firefox or explorer. With explorer 7 you can restore or reset your settings. Click on tools, internet options and then you will see those options.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2008
go to network and sharing center, make sure the network diagram indicates the internet connection is active (its a green earth globe). if it is then check your security settings cos IE7 has more security than ever, and thats not always a good thing. also, norton antivirus has a dreaded firewall that stops most systems from browsing. disable it and remove it.

if all else fails, GET THAT MAC.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by pein(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2008
guy seriously the shit ive gone thru with vista angry if i ever see gates or balmer, well.just downgrade to xp or get ubuntu if ur interested,better still BUY A MAC grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by mmonwuba(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2008
thanks guys but i use and xp cum ubuntu on my personal system, this is a clients system. \

I have reset security, disabled all firewall, the crazy thing is that there is firefox and opera and guess what, they are both not browsing. What can i do?

i have even run windows update on it
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by crazylegs(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
Posted by: Neoteny

go to network and sharing center, make sure the network diagram indicates the internet connection is active (its a green earth globe)

Good advice. At times you may be connected to a network and not still have access to the internet.

You could checking things like ip numbers, default gateway and so on if your network uses static ip numbers. This is accessed through network and sharing centre.

If the glove is green and its not browsing. Check internet options and confirm the internet settings there (just copy the settings from any system on the network that is browsing). The internet connections put in IE7 can determine the internet connection of other browsers.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by mmonwuba(m): 12:43pm On Mar 15, 2008
this is what makes the case unique. The system indicates that the system is connected to the internet, infact i tried to ping www.google.com and there was reply, and very good reply to add to that. so this shows basically that the system is connected, and remember i said, automatic windows update could run and update on the system. So i wonder what the issue is. I would have said its a browser issue but i installed mozilla and opera and both of them are not browsing either. Thanks for your continued replies
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by dinozzo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2008
Why don't u try doing a system restore. Since u said it stopped all of a sudden, restore to a date before this happened, like two days before, that might solve the problem.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2008
Thats true!!! Just restore ur system to a day or two days before it happened. It should help, and pls, dont listen to complicated Junks those MS haters are writing.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2008
Martins00:

Thats true!!! Just restore your system to a day or two days before it happened. It should help, and please, don't listen to complicated Junks those MS haters are writing.

nazis too are now MS fanboys. heil hitler
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2008
That i leave In Germany dont mean i'm a Skin head. I'm full Nigerian. U had better start learning how to run after Cows instead of u wasting ur time here writing abt wht u dont know. Aboki!!!
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2008
Martins00:

That i leave In Germany don't mean i'm a Skin head. I'm full Nigerian. You had better start learning how to run after Cows instead of u wasting your time here writing about wht u don't know.  Aboki!!!

der dumkopf! ich kenne den mann, sprechen sie lauter.

hoch der fuhrer.

furthermore, skin heads are NEO-Nazis. i called you a full-blooded Nazi. that you LIVE (not leave, sprechen sie englische?) in germany, one would expect you to know the difference.

hunde!
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2008
Who d Bleep is ur German teacher Cos u attend some school where they teach German basics, u've decided to practice it here right Schmarotzer!!! Tell ur German teacher to call me +4916098023206. gefickte Nigga!!! And besides, we were to talk abt "My Windows Vista Refused To Browse".
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2008
The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their web site. Please check back later!

Use your Back button to return to the page you were at previously. shocked grin

Does this sound familiar to anyone? U need too see this dude's PiC. I cant laugh, I need ur response.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
my profile says my web page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION, i dont know how you say that in Nazi-ese. at least im brave enough to put up a pic. why does yours say HAVE MERCY instead of a pic?

besides, im pretty sure we have answered the first posters problem since he/she didnt come back
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2008
Dude, get a life!!! Dont u get it? I'm bringing myself down discussing with u (cattle rarer). I dont know wht u do for a living, but it seems u kinda unemployed. Otherwise, u wont seat ur lazy ass all day long here just to share with us ur experience with ur cattle. For ur info, the so called "Nazis" are obviously smarter than u and ur whole kindred. The whole World save their earnings just to drive the latest of BMW, Audi, VW name it, Monkeys like u can only hate for wht they cant even think of. oNcE MorE NiGgA! Get a life!!! I almost forgot, i could help u with some money to finish up ur website, thts if u were planning to get one. Make sure u discuss well with ur Cows before replying and try put sth elso as Pic instead of tht image u left there for ppl to look at. Shege barawo Malla

tschüss, cool
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2008
i think u are taking this a little too far. why all the heat? such anger! did you get your asylum bid turned down? cos i know you are there as an illegal. its folks like you giving naija a bad name, besides im still here. ive been to more places you can only dream of, but im still here. so dont make illegal immigration sound like a big deal, i know how you live there.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by mmonwuba(m): 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2008
Guys, i thought you were in this thread to give me solutions on how to make my vista systems browse with out reformatting it. I never called this thread come and yabb yourselves, although i enjoyed every bit of it.

back to business, i have done system restore and yet, no browsing wat can i do
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 6:41am On Mar 17, 2008
ive been to more places you can only dream of, but im still here.
nIgGa(Neoteny)! The only place he's being to is probably the field where he rares his cattle. I told u to discuss very well with ur cattle before replying. cos u get 3 circled meals daily (Cow milk, Cow meat,& Kunu), u think others are lazy as u are. I have feelings and understanding for those who come here to seek for Asylum. Its simply seeking for protection against ur f**kin Government (thieves & Rogues) who rather come here to enjoy themselves. NiGgA ur thinking has been limited by ur Government. U have no Idea of Wht is happening. For ur Info i have a German Permanent stay and i'm also a Student of University of Regensburg (Informatics).

Guess wht! no one cares where u've been to or not cos its not relevant. U should be asking ur dead brains wht has it achieved u? In ur own case, i guess NOtHiN!!!
Once more, discuss well with ur cattle before replying. If u want we could make a bet to meet any place in this world at any f**kin time u feel u could get a Visa for tht Country and i bet u'll meet me there. Barawo shege!!!
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by pein(m): 6:47am On Mar 17, 2008
So much hate and venom spewing out shocked : but u guys still avn't helped solve the dudes problem.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by crazylegs(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2008
I'm not a genius but I have this feeling that Martins00 and Neoteny don't like each other.

@ topic
Could it be spyware? Try getting spybot S&grin. Do a spyware check.

Sometimes after removing spyware you may have problems with your network drivers (winsock LSPs).

You could try LSPfix. Not sure if it works with Vista, but at least it does with XP.

Download it here. http://www.download.com/LSPFix/3000-2085_4-10417026.html?tag=lst-1

P.S.
There should be no problem but do a back up just in case. Users' discretion advised,, blah blah.

Keep us posted
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by pein(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2008
personally i think backups are worthless its windows afterall shocked so yeah check if its spyware
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by mendax: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2008
@poster,

wat kind of vista is ur client on?

also, d problem could be from d network card driver, but by the way are u tryin 2 connect via wireless or ?

check the network card driver & probably u may consider reinstallin, but most importantly when operating vista, u may take it as a rule dat vista updates can in most cases cause harm to ur system rather than good so form the habit of creating restore points and turn off ur automatic vista updates while u are at it!
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
heres how it is: my first remark to the first poster was a joke as indicated by the emoticon. my second remark was an attempt to help, also containing the same joke. it was now left for te first poster to judge my post as junk or not, not Herr martins00 since my pots werent for his consumption, i took umbrage his calling my post junk and so i rightfully called him a nazi. and then he betrayed his shalowness by resorting to tribal namecalling.

call me a cow chaser all you want, kraut, it wont skin me. im well off enough to remain in naija, while you have to scour the underbelly of europe to make a living doing all sorts of menial, demeaning oddjobs and giving us a bad name.

damn, that gotta hurt.
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 12:59am On Mar 18, 2008
U dont have to explain anythin. U started it all with ur NaZi cracks, then u went ahead correctin other ppl's grammatical error and my own spelling errors as if u and ur NiGgA father didnt have to learn the English lang. Well, like u said, "u r better off much there (with ur Cows) than anywhere". I'm not surprised wink Drecksau
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Neoteny(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2008
@martins00

sir, if theres one thing the nazis are famous for, its HATE.

Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Martins00(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2008
Yeah i know. but u shouldn't refer to a brother as Nazi. That word is cursed and those who are Nazis are also cursed!!! We should be exchanging ideas here not hating each other. I've had enough hatred in my life already and i guess u r already enlightened abt the whole issue cos u seem to have stored a lil info abt the (NAtionalsoZIalismus) Nazis.

I intend bringing in a 20ft container full of Computer Hardwares. I need contacts of Wholesale buyers Nationwide. At the moment i have 30 Brand New HP NC6000 in Lagos for sale. For Interested buyers, contact me ch_martins@yahoo.de or Bamidele 08032320689.

Neoteny pls Lets stop hating!!!
Re: My Windows Vista Refused To Browse by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2008
Martins00:

I intend bringing in a 20ft container full of Computer Hardwares. I need contacts of Wholesale buyers Nationwide. At the moment i have 30 Brand New HP NC6000 in Lagos for sale. For Interested buyers, contact me ch_martins@yahoo.de or Bamidele 08032320689.

Neoteny please Lets stop hating!!!( start buying!!!) grin

heee heeee

enter the hustla grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ipnx network fast In Surulere? / How To Install Windows Vista, 7, 8 From USB / Buy A Used Laptop HP G62, Very Very Neat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.