Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya (22374 Views)

Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines / Woman Kisses Two Lions In South Africa (VIDEO And Pictures) / Two Lions Cause Serious Traffic Gridlock In Nairobi, Kenya (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by bigfat03(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
[size=15pt]this LIONS SEEMS VERY FRIENDLY ?i think i would like to have them as pets [/size]

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by stephenponti(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
those lions came very close to humans me i ll be scared to behold them live ooh!!!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by shadrach77: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
Something does not sound right with this story. Or the story does not sound complete. The pictures might be photoshopped. How did the road get cleared? Did the lions walk off? Was the police called? The article was silent on all of these. And who in his/her right mind would come out to take pictures of lions walking on a road?
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by supaeagles(m): 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

The lions are cute. They are so busy enjoying themselves.

On a side note, what are all those caucasians/oyibos doing there? Don't they have jobs to go to? Oh I forgot....their economies are still in a deep recession and many of them are now unemployed so they have chosen to watch lions rubbing themselves in buffalo dung/feces in far away Africa.

What is wrong with that?? Other nationalities cannot be there? What kind of thinking is that? They may be tourists.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by dopesidez: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
e too risky to even dey inside the car, if the lion pounces on the car and crushes the windscreen then their body go tell them.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by darenxy732: 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
hehehe abegee dis ones na big ones oo
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Ignatio(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
iv4fb: o boy, i go 'pick a race' and run

hahahhahhahhahahahahha!!!

I remember the Onitsha guy.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by SORTER: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
WE ARE SETTING UP A COMMITTEE FOR THIS HAVOC

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by 5much(m): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dangerous animals. Try any thing funy around dem at ur own peril.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Owodiong(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
These animals no dey fear anymore.

Beautiful lions tho. I'd have gotten out of my car to play with them.
werin u dey wait 4 grin
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by tomakint: 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
I love this!!!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Fhemmmy: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
They should come to Nigeria to see how people go use them for Suya . . . cheesy
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by nagoma(m): 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sike: But that Lion BIG small oo!

Sorry what do you mean? It's big or it's small?

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by garrickbs: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Beautiful!!!! as long as I am not passing by on a bicycle

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by victorcurtis(m): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
everybody don go indoors
dose photographers dem wan sacrifice wit lion ok make dem near first
[/size]o
Novak: Two lions brought rush-hour traffic to a standstill in Nairobi, Kenya when they decided to have a lie down in the middle the street.

It was during the morning commute on the the edge of the Nairobi National Park that two young males appeared on the side of the road and strolled out in front of cars and trucks for a roll-around.

The African lions' antics caused tail backs as they found the busy road the perfect place to rub themselves in buffalo faeces,

Amateur South African snapper Gareth Jones was one of the drivers stuck in the traffic jam last month and decided to get out and photograph the unique scene at 6.40am.

Gareth, originally from South Africa but now living in Kenya, said: ‘I had only driven about 500 metres when the shapes of two big male lions could be seen in the road.

‘They went into a ridiculous pose, with their rear ends up in the air and their faces down over some buffalo dung. They were trying to mask their smell so they could hunt undetected.

‘They both looked like they were enjoying themselves and it was an incredible start to the day.’

http://demipost.com/playful-lions-bring-cars-to-a-standstill-in-nairobi-kenya/
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by pendo89(f): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
on the edge of the Nairobi National Park

Nothing Unusual.[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh3UaY0O7hE5Z4JBJREpajlriJbPFLRqUoVNhABE338BSMPwIH[/img]
There is the park with the city in the background
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by victorcurtis(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
see as the lions d pose for me make i dey snap dem
bigfat03: [size=15pt]this LIONS SEEMS VERY FRIENDLY ?i think i would like to have them as pets [/size]
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by spicyJ(m): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
;DIf to say I dey there I for catch does lion put inside my car with my hand
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by kobikwelu(m): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
ive said it before, if given the opportunity to visit any African country, it would most definately be sychelles, then Kenya..that place is amazing!!(I mean the game reserve ooo) No where else
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by eaglechild: 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
If i had a truck i would have run them over.
mscheeew!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by kobikwelu(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
The lions are cute. They are so busy enjoying themselves.

On a side note, what are all those caucasians/oyibos doing there? Don't they have jobs to go to? Oh I forgot....their economies are still in a deep recession and many of them are now unemployed so they have chosen to watch lions rubbing themselves in buffalo dung/feces in far away Africa.

loll..oga calm down...most of them are working in the game reserve and some are Tourists.....
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
eaglechild: If i had a truck i would have run them over.
mscheeew!

Why would you wanna do that?
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by bhushayor: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
niz pic grin
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
kobikwelu:

loll..oga calm down...most of them are working in the game reserve and some are Tourists.....

Lol
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
See korrect Meat...chei
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by dgitrader(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
SORTER: WE ARE SETTING UP A COMMITTEE FOR THIS HAVOC

when the report is out, a special committee would be set up to look into the report and make recommendations to mr. president. lol
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by OluEmmaAss: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

And we may just be discussing what a wonderful person you WERE.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Novak(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
U too like food, those Lions fit turn you to food o
Tamita: See korrect Meat...chei
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by rawtruth(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

..meaning, you had written your will prior to the encounter.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by rawtruth(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

..meaning you had written your will prior to the encounter.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by fastlane84: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
grin grin
uzeba: If na all this nigeria witchcraft lion!! U for hear say person die!!

grin
uzeba: If na all this nigeria witchcraft lion!! U for hear say person die!!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Asis(m): 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
momodub: .see me see troble o una see the man snaping picture with mobile phone?he want make the lion sharia him hand cheesy anyway nice park picture
lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production / Different Types Of Stars. / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.