Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Choosing The Right Foundation.... - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Choosing The Right Foundation.... (52699 Views)

Mikel Obi Foundation Emerges Miss Charity Ambassador 2015/ 2016 / Choosing The Right Foundation.( Makeup) / Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
obi123: hello Perfect blend , i have noticed some foundations have red hues and yellow hues, like they were not complicated enough .
what is this hue thing, is it the underlying shade or the effect or what really ? i really dont get it

also what say you about Ben Nye foundations
my dear,e tire me o!! Maybe ℓ̊ shld jst do my white powder,lol
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by YOUNGKAHUNA: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
caesaraba: Raft Foundation, Pad Foundation, Pile or Strip Foundation, which ever you choose depends on the bearing capacity of the face soil. You should also note that which ever foundation you choose must effectively prevent against differential settlement while also transmitting the super-imposed dead, live and wind loads of the building. All designs involving metal works must be done according to BS449 and factor in the neccesarry allowable shear stresses. Thank you! angry angry angry

Hahahahaha........U Nailed It.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by obi123: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
naanxie: my dear,e tire me o!! Maybe ℓ̊ shld jst do my white powder,lol

honestly !!! but the thing is when you are not blessed with flawless skin, what can you do also i love my make up so getting the right foundation is important to me i beg
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by Khemhyte(f): 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pls ao gud is milani mineral powder. I ws told dia is no nid 2 apply foundation b4 using it, ao true is dis? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by Ezeufi: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
nairaman66: Are we suppose to have 2 foundations in one face?

What is a foundation on the face? I thought foundation is for when one is building a house
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2013
Ezeufi:

What is a foundation on the face? I thought foundation is for when one is building a house
fail
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by zenatta: 1:15am On Apr 05, 2013
obi123: i have noticed some foundations have red hues and yellow hues,
what is this hue thing, is it the underlying shade or the effect or what really ? i really dont get it

In the world of beauty care, make-up, spa, fashion etc, a good knowledge of your skin type/skin tone is a perequisite. When buying foundation or other make-up or considering what to wear, it is necessary you know your skin tone and skin type to enable you look your best. A make-up artist can help with these information but they are not so hard to know if you observe details about yourself.
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by azeeza(f): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
pls can you educate us (me) on tinted moisturiser. whats the difference between a moisturiser and total coverage foundation,and can a tinted moisturiser be used alongside a foundation?
Perfect Blend: Every lady wants her face looking perfectly blended and flawless when she's going out. well, there's only one way to get that flawless looking skin if you don't already have it. Buy a good foundation.

Foundation is one makeup accessory you don't want to stay away from. It helps brighten up your face, especially when your skin is stressed. Lots of ladies already have one of these in their makeup bags/purses but usinnceg it is usually a problem. Its either because they got the wrong shade of foundation, thereby making their face too white or dark. Sometimes, buying the wrong product is usually the problem.

For me, the best bet when it comes to foundation is either Mary Kay (above) or Maybelline (below) matte wear foundation. I've heard people make comments about these products, saying they aren't the best for our weather. well, you all are wrong. These foundations come in different shades and skin tone blends that suit all kinds of skin colour, so all you need to do is pick the right shade.

I'm not trying to promote these brands but thy work perfectly well for me and are readily available in most stores.
I always advice people to buy a foundation sponge. Its the best if you aren't a professional in makeup application, so leave the foundation brush to the pro's who'll know how to use it without leaving crack lines on the sides of their faces. There's also nothing wrong with using foundation everyday, as long as you wash your face every night when you get home.

Guidelines To Perfect Foundation Application
- Before buying your foundation, make sure you do a quick test. This test is carried out by applying and blending a little amount of the foundation on your jaw line and not on your hands because the foundation is for your face not body. Also, some peoples faces are darker than the rest of their body so using your hands as your ''buy guide'' might just help you pick the wrong shade.
- After picking the right shade of foundation, apply a reasonable amount on the sponge and rub all over the face, covering every contour and corner.
- Ensure you blend into your hair line, ears and down your jaw to your neck line and even your chest, if you are wearing something that'll expose your chest.
- Never apply an extra coat of foundation on already dry layer of foundation.
- Some people also say you shouldn't apply foundation on your eyelids but I'm saying you can, only if you don't have an eye primer, which most people don't except you are totally into makeup.
- If you have really oily skin, I advice that you skip moisturizers or facial creams before applying your foundation.
- Once you are done applying your foundation, let it dry out a little to avoid you face looking caked after you apply your powder.
- Dust your brown powder all over your face to set the foundation.

Thanks a lot for reading through, please leave your comments, contributions and questions. Will be glad to reply and help resolve any part you don't understand wink

You can also visit my blog on:www.perfectmelange..com follow me on twitter @Perfect_melange

~Perfect Mélange~ 
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by mystiqueem(f): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2013
This beauty thread is quite interesting and informative but it pisses me off to 'see' idiots with moronic comments messing it up! Guys! You obviously missed your way to the car or building segment PLEASE 'butt out' of here!
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by mystiqueem(f): 11:29am On Apr 08, 2013
We sell original Mary Kay Products including MK travel bags, MK party totes, MK laptop bags etc
[Please contact flushface@yahoo.com | 234 813 783 8735] Based in Lagos

Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by vivadiva: 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
If you need any product from the USA or UK, I can easily get it ordered and sent to you. Please contact efedhomav@yahoo.com for more details. I am based in Delta State.
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2013
well...you can mix two foundations just to get the perfect shade/blend for your face. Sorry i've been missing here.
nairaman66: Are we suppose to have 2 foundations in one face?
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 11:17am On Apr 17, 2013
Hi, I'm sorry my reply is just coming. Been missing in action for a while wink
Dark skinned ladies have one of the best skin but maintaining it is always a problem. To have that flawless look, just make sure wash, cleanse, moisturize and treat your face regularly. Also, follow my blog; www.perfectmelange..com I always give tips on makeup and beauty/skin care so you can learn more.

for really dark skinned ladies, i always recommend Mac powder or Iman because they have the darkest shades of brown powders that'll blend well with really dark skin.

Am just me: Abeg I need to look flawless n younger!am very dark skinned with an oily face wot powder n foundatin wld u recommend? Where r u based?
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
Perfect question. Foundations come in different hues because people have different undertones. This is easily noticed in light skinned people. you'll notice that some light ladies look reddish, while some look creamy light. That's because of their undertones. If you also notice, Mary kay comes in two shades of each foundation colour code (600 & 607) this is because of those with the same skin colour but different undertone.

Ben Nye' foundations frovide a good blend of high pigmentation and natural coloring. Its really smooth and absorbs into the skin. I don't really use it cos its not common here and clients always prefer a product they are used to but you can always buy it for personal use.

obi123: hello Perfect blend , i have noticed some foundations have red hues and yellow hues, like they were not complicated enough .

also what say you about Ben Nye foundations
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2013
You're welcome. I'm sure the reason most stores don't have sand is because not many light skinned ladies use Iman. You should check a store that does wholesale or are distributors.

naanxie: wow,jst checked it..helped a lot! ℓ̊ think am within the range of sand 2-3 and 3-4..but most online stores have clay!! Na wa o! Confusion
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
just checked your blog, it's really cool! keep it up babe kiss kiss kiss
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks a lot, will do grin
aanumama: just checked your blog, it's really cool! keep it up babe kiss kiss kiss
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by chiommy1: 11:30pm On May 18, 2013
@ perfect blend, I hav a chocolate complexion with a very dry skin, plz which foundation and powder will be gud 4me.
Perfect Blend: You're welcome. I'm sure the reason most stores don't have sand is because not many light skinned ladies use Iman. You should check a store that does wholesale or are distributors.

Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by PerfectBlend(f): 1:20pm On May 27, 2013
Any brand of foundation and powder that I've mentioned in this post/comments will work for. Just ensure your buy oil based foundation and powder instead of the water based types for oily skin. Also, make sure you always use a moisturiser before you apply your foundation.

chiommy1: @ perfect blend, I hav a chocolate complexion with a very dry skin, plz which foundation and powder will be gud 4me.
Re: Choosing The Right Foundation.... by flexit: 3:53am On Dec 18, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Ladies Take A Guy That Sags Like This Serious? (Pictured) / This Lady's Weight Loss Journey Photos Will Leave You Speechless / Latest Ankara Bum Shorts You Can Rock In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.