Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,209 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers - Forum Games (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers (428345 Views)

Nairaland(forum Games) Hookup And Relaxation Center(reloaded) / *~ Emeka 7. Voted The Forum Games Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Forum Games Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by pkasso(m): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2015
Hello?!
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
luxanne:

Lool.

Definitely not those kind. Strictly educational cartoons I agree.

So what primary level do you use then?

Primary 4.
luxanne:

Anyways, some supervisors are like that, most times these topics they give out are their own personal projects they are either working on or intends to.
Eh ehn... That's true oo cheesy
luxanne:

However, TBH with you, this topic is cool unless you don't find it interesting enough.
Tell you what, I love the topic. I really do. smiley

luxanne:

Cartoons now seen as kid's thingy? Children have always been tagged with cartoons but when they've grown up, they still can't let go even in adulthood, lool. And @your second statement, do you have a research as proof on this view of yours? Because I think its the other way round. We should find out.

Well well, not really. I do have a scholarly backing tho.

There are lots of television contents designed for different gratifications of their target audience, which may be for children, teenagers, youth or adult to achieve objectives. Cartoons and animated films were once the favourite program of viewers of different age group in the society. These cartoon and animated films were enjoyed by almost every person from different walks of life on their television sets and theatres. In the beginning when the animated movies and cartoon started their journey, the program content of both contained humour and entertainment for all age and sophistication levels. Cartoons, however, now lacked their cross-generational appeal and converted into “kids stuff” (Kellogg, 1992). Cartoon is not a precise term now a day as it is applied to multifaceted graphic form. It is the most entertaining source for kids as they developed strong affiliation and attachment with it (Kermnitz 1973). [/quote]

luxanne:

Questions shouldn't necessarily be based on the cartoons they've watched, it could be general cartoon questions. Besides, the internet would have been helpful with these questions or even your supervisor, that is, if you both have a good resonance, afterall, its his/her topic. BTW, is your supervisor M or F?

M smiley I'll show him my questionnaire when we resume.
luxanne:

Lool definitely not, you can't ask them that. But then again, you would be surprise to find out that, some of these secondary school students do not know how to read time, how about the 24 hours time format? Even adults find that difficult to read.

I'll give that a thought.

luxanne:

So what number of pupils are you using as case study then?
Say 60-80

luxanne:

For the sampling technique ideal for your research, rather than using the Purposive sampling technique, how about giving out these questionnaires to pupils who watch cartoons and those who don't, from their responses, it would be effective to compare and draw conclusions...reason why I preferred you'd used the secondary school students instead, well let me not ruin your already made objectives.

I think I'll do just that. In the section A of the questionnaire, I'll put HOW OFTEN DO YOU WATCH TV CARTOONS? DAILY? WEEKLY RARELY?

Just as you said, it will help me at the end, if pupils that thick "daily" perform better ( section B's test)... My conclusion will be PUPILS THAT WATCH TV CARTOONS REGULARLY PERFORM BETTER THAN THOSE WHO DONT. What do you say on this?

I think I won't need Purposive ST. like you said. cheesy

You are right here to explain to me when I get confused na, Lool.

Like right now, what's the Taro Yamane's formular about? Sounds familiar tho or mabe not. [/quote]
I'm not too familiar with the thing fa. All I know is, you use the formula to get your sample, from your population.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
Emmyk:

Primary 4.

Eh ehn... That's true oo cheesy

Tell you what, I love the topic. I really do. smiley

Alright smileysmileysmiley

But is Primary 4 the highest level the school got? I'l recommend the highest level tho.

Well well, not really. I do have a scholarly backing tho.

There are lots of television contents designed for different gratifications of their target audience, which may be for children, teenagers, youth or adult to achieve objectives. Cartoons and animated films were once the favourite program of viewers of different age group in the society. These cartoon and animated films were enjoyed by almost every person from different walks of life on their television sets and theatres. In the beginning when the animated movies and cartoon started their journey, the program content of both contained humour and entertainment for all age and sophistication levels. Cartoons, however, now lacked their cross-generational appeal and converted into “kids stuff” (Kellogg, 1992). Cartoon is not a precise term now a day as it is applied to multifaceted graphic form. It is the most entertaining source for kids as they developed strong affiliation and attachment with it (Kermnitz 1973).

I see, however, these literatures aren't recent. Might be agreeable then but presently, in this 21st century, I think cartoons and animated movies got cross-generational appeal, its no longer kids stuff.

Was gonna research on this too but it skipped me...I definitely will.

M smiley I'll show him my questionnaire when we resume.

I'll give that a thought.

Say 60-80

smileysmileysmiley

How about a sample of hundred, too much to handle?

I think I'll do just that. In the section A of the questionnaire, I'll put HOW OFTEN DO YOU WATCH TV CARTOONS? DAILY? WEEKLY RARELY?

Just as you said, it will help me at the end, if pupils that thick "daily" perform better ( section B's test)... My conclusion will be PUPILS THAT WATCH TV CARTOONS REGULARLY PERFORM BETTER THAN THOSE WHO DONT. What do you say on this?

I think I won't need Purposive ST. like you said. cheesy

Exactly... smiley

I'm not too familiar with the thing fa. All I know is, you use the formula to get your sample, from your population.

Another concept for me to research upon then smiley
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
luxanne:

Alright smileysmileysmiley

But is Primary 4 the highest level the school got? I'l recommend the highest level tho.

I see, however, these literatures aren't recent. Might be agreeable then but presently, in this 21st century, I think cartoons and animated movies got cross-generational appeal, its no longer kids stuff.

Was gonna research on this too but it skipped me...I definitely will.

smileysmileysmiley

How about a sample of hundred, too much to handle?

Exactly... smiley

Another concept for me to research upon then smiley

Alright. I'll use primary 5 pupils smiley

That's true. I think i'll just remove that part from my project.. You know what, out supervisor even told us not to cite any author before 2000.. that is, 2000 till date... that at times, I'll see a useful quotation from a scholar and I won't be able to use it as no one as said anything related to it recently or I simply delete the author's name and I don't reference it wink Bad eehn?

Sample of 100... Well Taro Yamene will decide for me. You can't just pick a random number. Lemme show you the Formula n=N/1+N(e)2

where n=sample size, N=population
size, e=the error of sampling.

Whatever you get from the workings will be your sample size.... I pray it favors me tho cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Luxanne , how do you manage to segment my replies, treating em one by one? it's pretty tough for me as I have to copy two things for each segment

[quote author=luxanne post=36235161 ]
and the one that ends it.

embarassed
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
9icegee:
*hmmmm my buddy!!! i miss him. hope he's ok*

I'm okay sire.
How have you been? smiley
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2015
Emmyk:

Alright. I'll use primary 5 pupils smiley

That's true. I think i'll just remove that part from my project.. You know what, out supervisor even told us not to cite any author before 2000.. that is, 2000 till date... that at times, I'll see a useful quotation from a scholar and I won't be able to use it as no one as said anything related to it recently or I simply delete the author's name and I don't reference it wink Bad eehn?

smileysmiley

Of course, you can take out the sources but you'l have to edit and paraphrase it to align your objectives, and also, most importantly, you need to understand the statement just in case you will be asked to defend it.

Sample of 100... Well Taro Yamene will decide for me. You can't just pick a random number. Lemme show you the Formula n=N/1+N(e)2

where n=sample size, N=population
size, e=the error of sampling.

Whatever you get from the workings will be your sample size.... I pray it favors me tho cheesy wink cheesy

I see...I need to visit my project again then, cuz I can't recall using Taro Yamane or any formular for sampling.

So the n = 60 or 80? (Which number exactly is your sample size?)

And you have your population size and sampling error as what?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2015
Emmyk:
Luxanne , how do you manage to segment my replies, treating em one by one? it's pretty tough for me as I have to copy two things for each segment

smiley

[quote][/quote]

You have to use the above option on each segment of my reply you quote, and your answers should be written after that...you get?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
luxanne:

smileysmiley

Of course, you can take out the sources but you'l have to edit and paraphrase it to align your objectives, and also, most importantly, you need to understand the statement just in case you will be asked to defend it.

Noted.

I see...I need to visit my project again then, cuz I can't recall using Taro Yamane or any formular for sampling.
Lol. It depends on your supervisor. Some don't make it compulsory while others do. wink

So the n = 60 or 80? (Which number exactly is your sample size?)

The n' doesn't have a value yet... you just leave it that way.... it's like saying "sample size =" when you want to find your sample size. You dig?

[/quote]

And you have your population size and sampling error as what?

My population size... I was planning to use 1000... the total of pupils in the 4 schools... But since you said I should limit it to primary 5pupils.... It shouldn't be up to 1000.. Sampling error = 0.05

My Research questions are
1: Does Television cartoon improve children's academic performance?
2: How frequent does the pupil watch television cartoon?
3: Should television cartoon be encouraged or discouraged?
4: What TV cartoon(s) so children wat h their cartoons?

Are they inline with my topic?
Also, in my chapter 4, data analysis I feel my number 1 n 3 research questions look similar as the table/chart that will represent the questions are their scores in the maths n English tests. sad
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
luxanne:

smiley

[/b]

You have to use the above option on [b]each
segment of my reply you quote, and your answers should be written after that...you get?
Lol. I see. I do something similar just that mine is author= with the specific no of your post.

Yours seem shorter.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by tahir84: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2015
I share today a new PC Game ARMA 2 Free Download Here Full Version.
Download Free Here.
http://www.gamedownloadblog.com/arma-2-game-free-download-for-pc/

Thanks,
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by tahir84: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2015
Hi Every Game Lover,
i hope you are good and search every day latest game, but i search a new latest game Hitman 6. it is very good action game. i play this.
i provide hitman 6 download link. just click on link and download free game....
Click Below the link ...
http://www.gamedownloadblog.com/download-action-hitman-6-game-for-pc/
Give me more suggest for this game.
Thanks. smiley
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Emmyk:

Noted.

Lol. It depends on your supervisor. Some don't make it compulsory while others do. wink

The n' doesn't have a value yet... you just leave it that way.... it's like saying "sample size =" when you want to find your sample size, you dig?

My population size... I was planning to use 1000... the total of pupils in the 4 schools... But since you said I should limit it to primary 5pupils.... It shouldn't be up to 1000.. Sampling error = 0.05

Alright.

The primary 5 pupils can also be gotten from the 4 schools innit? So they can be up to a thousand.

My Research questions are
1: Does Television cartoon improve children's academic performance?

2: How frequent does the pupil watch television cartoon?

3: Should television cartoon be encouraged or discouraged?

4: What TV cartoon(s) so children wat h their cartoons?

Are they inline with my topic?
Also, in my chapter 4, data analysis I feel my number 1 n 3 research questions look similar as the table/chart that will represent the questions are their scores in the maths n English tests. sad

Yeah Q3 seems like a follow-up question that will be answered in Q1.

How about?

*To what extent are educational cartoons watched by kids?

That can replace your Q3.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Emmyk:

Lol. I see. I do something similar just that mine is author= with the specific no of your post.

Yours seem shorter.

The author only appears on the first quote, you dont necessarily need to add that to the rest of the quote.

Its up to you really to make the post you are quoting to reply long or short smiley
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
luxanne:

Alright.

The primary 5 pupils can also be gotten from the 4 schools innit? So they can be up to a thousand.

Yeah Q3 seems like a follow-up question that will be answered in Q1.

How about?

*To what extent are educational cartoons watched by kids?

That can replace your Q3.

Yes. They can be gotten.

I'll defo keep you updated cheesy
Thanks for your input thus far.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Emmyk:

Yes. They can be gotten.

I'll defo keep you updated cheesy

Thanks for your input thus far.

Awwww you are very much welcomed dear.

It was my pleasure. Am here anytime smiley

All the best OK?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Emmyk(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
luxanne:

Awwww you are very much welcomed dear.
It was my pleasure. Am here anytime smiley
All the best OK?
Thanks. Amen. You still up, no?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by luxanne(f): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Emmyk:

Thanks. Amen.
You still up, no?

Good morning.

Slept off then smiley

Howdy?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by cynthiaokaka(f): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hey guys qm bqck qgqin
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
Shymm3x

Oya talk here lol
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Shymm3x: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
1bkaye:
Shymm3x

Oya talk here lol

Here? I have never posted here and it seems it's bait as well. grin

Wanna ask you some personal questions. tongue
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by tahir84: 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by meeky007(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
Add me Add me pls...
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Victortwist: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
someone should help me how can I use cheat for gta San Andreas in android device
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Vertch: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lets Discuss: The Gehn Gehn Album by Orezi- Vertch #StartSharing http://vertch.com/forums/topic/lets-discuss-the-gehn-gehn-album-by-orezi/ ::: Join the forum for entertainers now :::
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Flashh: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richiy, how you doing? Hope you are good?

I hardly read people's diaries on here, but I found yours appealing. Sometimes I don't seems to understand where you driving at @your diary.

Btw... What's your real name and where do you live? if I may ask and also deserve an answer.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Richiy(f): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Flashh:
Richiy, how you doing? Hope you are good?

I hardly read people's diaries on here, but I found yours appealing. Sometimes I don't seems to understand where you driving at @your diary.

Btw... What's your real name and where do you live? if I may ask and also deserve an answer.

Hey Lewis. Its funny that you brought me to a section of Nairaland I have never visited. Lol. The reason why you may not understand my dairy is because I kinda leave some details out. Just to maintain some privacy.
My name is Dirichi. I stay in Abuja.
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Flashh: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richiy:

Hey Lewis. Its funny that you brought me to a section of Nairaland I have never visited. Lol. The reason why you may not understand my dairy is because I kinda leave some details out. Just to maintain some privacy.
My name is Dirichi. I stay in Abuja.
Yeah! I just think this section is the a best place on here to have such conversation. I don't visit this place too though.

Yeah, people like keeping some things private, I am one of them.

I would have like to create a diary, but I am a bit conservative.

Well, lovely name you got there. wink
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Richiy(f): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Flashh:

Yeah! I just think this section is the a best place on here to have such conversation. I don't visit this place too though.

Yeah, people like keeping some things private, I am one of them.

I would have like to create a diary, but I am a bit conservative.

Well, lovely name you got there. wink

Ha-ha. Let this forum users catch uswink. Anyways, I am only conservative in writing. Probably because I can cross check and want to maintain decorum. In reality though, I am quite the opposite. Are you conservative online and offline? Do you know what my name means?
Re: Forum Games Chat Thread - A Thread For All Fun Lovers by Flashh: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richiy:

Ha-ha. Let this forum users catch uswink.

Dem no fit do me anything na. We are always bold to enter any section. grin
Anyways, I am only conservative in writing. Probably because I can cross check and want to maintain decorum. In reality though, I am quite the opposite.

I understood you on this.
Are you conservative online and offline? Do you know what my name means?
No! I'm only conservative online. But I do my things codedly, only those who are close to me will know much about me offline.

Would like to know the meaning of your name. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (381) (Reply)

Look At The Person's Profile Above Yours & Make A Comment / The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) / Let's Play This Word Game Called Last Man Standing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.