Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why There Are No Much Miracles Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why There Are No Much Miracles Today (1638 Views)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
The account of Jesus Christ in the holy bible tells us that He did so many miracles and even said we (christians) will do greater miracles than He did. Today we dont see miracles that much thinkless of greater ones. Why is this so? I have discovered some major reasons for this. The chief cause is Science!
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
Winningways: The account of Jesus Christ in the holy bible tells us that He did so many miracles and even said we (christians) will do greater miracles than He did. Today we dont see miracles that much thinkless of greater ones. Why is this so? I have discovered some major reasons for this. The chief cause is Science!

Good afternoon Winning,

Do you really think science is the cause? I don't believe that is accurate. Science does not hinder miracles. Miracles are what they are for the reason that they are beyond human comprehension i.e they can't be explained by any human. If what you call miracle can be explained through the scientific process then that is no miracle.

Anyone who sees science as a threat to his or her ability to perform miracles is simply a fraud. Science is a tool we should embrace for the development of mankind. Seeing it as an adversary is very inappropriate.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
I will explain
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
I was wondering why good morals is decaying so fast. Great injustice without justification. Human kill, hate, cheat, commit all manner of immorality without any feeling of guilt. God took my mind to the teaching of science. God madn animals and then made man in His own image but science came and taught us that man is an animal under animal kingdom (not Gods kingdom) but he is a higher animal. What a shame! From being God's image to being a higher animal? No wonder the bible said that the wisdom of man is foolishness unto God. So tell me why wouldnt man behave like an animal who doesn't see anything wrong in its actions. I am Gods image not a "homo sapien" and so are you if u know your origin.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
Winningways: I was wondering why good morals is decaying so fast. Great injustice without justification. Human kill, hate, cheat, commit all manner of immorality without any feeling of guilt. God took my mind to the teaching of science. God madn animals and then made man in His own image but science came and taught us that man is an animal under animal kingdom (not Gods kingdom) but he is a higher animal. What a shame! From being God's image to being a higher animal? No wonder the bible said that the wisdom of man is foolishness unto God. So tell me why wouldnt man behave like an animal who doesn't see anything wrong in its actions. I am Gods image not a "homo sapien" and so are you if u know your origin.

Well winn,

I do understand your sentiments but you should realize that science does not categorically state that human beings evolved from animals. This is a theory propounded by a scientist. Though the aim was to try and explain how human beings came about but science does not hold this as the truth. It is at best, a scientific theory. Theories are subject to change when better information are obtained backed with evidence.

The scientific process is evidence-based, and that is why the assertion maintained by Christians that God created man cannot be accepted by science. The first problem would be proving the existence of God. I do believe in God but belief alone does not suffice as proof. Similarly, there is no scientific evidence that God does not exist hence science is silent on this matter.

The best science can do is work with the evidence at hand. The evidence suggests evolution from one stage of human development to another. Note that Charles Darwin got some things right in his theory, though I don't completely agree with him. The evidence available suggests that the stages of human development can be represented by the members of the 'genus homo' of which homo habilis is the earliest . Evidence available suggests that the brain size of homo habilis is about the same size as that of a chimpanzee which might have lead some scientists to believe that we evolved from animals.

Anyways, the point I am trying to make is, science deals with the available evidence. If you have evidence of God's existence apart from faith and mere opinions then this would be subjected to the scientific process, if it is legit, then the theory of Darwin might be reviewed or discarded depending on the quality of evidence available.

Science is not the enemy. Science is a way we get to understand the many things God has created. It is like understanding the world we live in. This can be likened to a new born child. Before the child is born, all that is available was what was in the womb of the mother but after delivery, he starts to discover new things in a world he knew nothing about. This is what science does for us. It gives us a better understanding of the world God has given to us and how we can make good use of the world God has given. Remember that God asked us in Genesis, to subdue the earth. Science is a way of doing that.

Thank you!
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
THEE ARE NO MIRACLES BECAUSE THERE WAS NEVER A MIRACLE. ITS ALL MYTH AND WISHES
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
ooman: THEE ARE NO MIRACLES BECAUSE THERE WAS NEVER A MIRACLE. ITS ALL MYTH AND WISHES

Do you believe in evolution?
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Well winn,

I do understand your sentiments but you should realize that science does not categorically state that human beings evolved from animals. This is a theory propounded by a scientist. Though the aim was to try and explain how human beings came about but science does not hold this as the truth. It is at best, a scientific theory. Theories are subject to change when better information are obtained backed with evidence.

The scientific process is evidence-based, and that is why the assertion maintained by Christians that God created man cannot be accepted by science. The first problem would be proving the existence of God. I do believe in God but belief alone does not suffice as proof. Similarly, there is no scientific evidence that God does not exist hence science is silent on this matter.

The best science can do is work with the evidence at hand. The evidence suggests evolution from one stage of human development to another. Note that Charles Darwin got some things right in his theory, though I don't completely agree with him. The evidence available suggests that the stages of human development can be represented by the members of the 'genus homo' of which homo habilis is the earliest . Evidence available suggests that the brain size of homo habilis is about the same size as that of a chimpanzee which might have lead some scientists to believe that we evolved from animals.

Anyways, the point I am trying to make is, science deals with the available evidence. If you have evidence of God's existence apart from faith and mere opinions then this would be subjected to the scientific process, if it is legit, then the theory of Darwin might be reviewed or discarded depending on the quality of evidence available.

Science is not the enemy. Science is a way we get to understand the many things God has created. It is like understanding the world we live in. This can be likened to a new born child. Before the child is born, all that is available was what was in the womb of the mother but after delivery, he starts to discover new things in a world he knew nothing about. This is what science does for us. It gives us a better understanding of the world God has given to us and how we can make good use of the world God has given. Remember that God asked us in Genesis, to subdue the earth. Science is a way of doing that.

Thank you!

Again, though we differ in our beliefs, i love your analysis here. at first, i thought you ve become an evolutionist, but then again, you advertised yourself to be a worshiper of God.

BUT WHAT I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT DARWIN DIDNT START THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION. IT BEGAN WHEN MAN STARTED TO THINK OUTSIDE RELIGION.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Do you believe in evolution?

Do you have to ask?
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
ooman:

Again, though we differ in our beliefs, i love your analysis here. at first, i thought you ve become an evolutionist, but then again, you advertised yourself to be a worshiper of God.

BUT WHAT I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT DARWIN DIDNT START THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION. IT BEGAN WHEN MAN STARTED TO THINK OUTSIDE RELIGION.

Darwin is taking credit for it tongue
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Darwin is taking credit for it tongue

Doesnt mean he started it all. Watson and Crick are taking credit for discovery of DNA structure, but they didnt do all the hard work, they only started their research when all the hard work has been done, BY A WOMEN, ROSALIND FRANKLIN who died of cancer before her work was complete.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
ooman:

Doesnt mean he started it all. Watson and Crick are taking credit for discovery of DNA structure, but they didnt do all the hard work, they only started their research when all the hard work has been done, BY A WOMEN, ROSALIND FRANKLIN who died of cancer before her work was complete.

That's life my guy! Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop wink
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
ooman: THEE ARE NO MIRACLES BECAUSE THERE WAS NEVER A MIRACLE. ITS ALL MYTH AND WISHES
is there magic?
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
Science has made it difficult for most christians today to have an absolute trust in God. E.g in health. If we have any health challenge our thought go out first to the doctors. If there is no doctor around we will panic upon panic. We will not remember God first. Even when we are praying, our mind is still òn the capability of the doctor instead of the creator and owner of the body who can fix the body (God). Its just like God giving man skill & wisdom to work with metals instead the man turns around to worship the finished products. Foolishness indeed. Its not going to be easy to undo the damage caused by science to our faith and total dependence in God but with God's grace and help he will open our eyes and give us understanding to know how to use science to our advantage
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Neddivine: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman is a hard core satanist and an extreme unrepentant hater of God.He has on several times posted extreme abuses against God that satan himself can never dare because satan is fully aware of the limits God has set.ooman has gone far beyond these limits and what remains is fiery judgment were there is no repentance.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Winningways: Science has made it difficult for most christians today to have an absolute trust in God. E.g in health. If we have any health challenge our thought go out first to the doctors. If there is no doctor around we will panic upon panic. We will not remember God first. Even when we are praying, our mind is still òn the capability of the doctor instead of the creator and owner of the body who can fix the body (God). Its just like God giving man skill & wisdom to work with metals instead the man turns around to worship the finished products. Foolishness indeed. Its not going to be easy to undo the damage caused by science to our faith and total dependence in God but with God's grace and help he will open our eyes and give us understanding to know how to use science to our advantage

Good evening Winning,

I am struggling to understand what you mean by "absolute trust" cause I am of the opinion that our going to the doctor in the first place is necessitated by our trust in God. If you believe that God created the Earth and more then you should understand that God has made the Earth to be self sustaining, in the sense that we need not ask him for everything. He has given us the tools to work with. The Earth has products and bye-products that are medicinal. God himself made it so. What is required is for us to tap from this healing properties of the Earth.

Now, those involved in 'medicine' e.g Doctors, Pharmacist, Registered nurses etc have studied these properties which includes the human body such that we need to go to them in order to make use of these specialized knowledge they have gotten out of what God has given to us. So going to a Doctor is another way of appreciating God for what he has done for us.

I will give you an example. If you need to power your vehicle, do you pray to God in order to do this? There won't be any need because God has made available the resources we need to power our vehicle. Hence when we need fuel, we go to a gas station to get it. It will only be appropriate to say THANK YOU to God for providing this very helpful resources for the good of mankind.

In the same way, our attitude towards medical practitioners should be that of Thanks giving. Note also that going to a doctor does not prevent a Christian from saying a prayer for the success of the treatment. We should as Christians be favourably disposed to science and the things we know through science. We should learn to appreciate what God has made available to us through science.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by mazaje(m): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
There are no miracles today because miracles like the ones written in the bible are MYTHs and LEGENDS. . .They are not real but ONLY STORIES that never happened in reality. . .
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
Winningways:
is there magic?

Nah, magics are manipulations, no spiritual implications
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Winning,

I am struggling to understand what you mean by "absolute trust" cause I am of the opinion that our going to the doctor in the first place is necessitated by our trust in God. If you believe that God created the Earth and more then you should understand that God has made the Earth to be self sustaining, in the sense that we need not ask him for everything. He has given us the tools to work with. The Earth has products and bye-products that are medicinal. God himself made it so. What is required is for us to tap from this healing properties of the Earth.

Now, those involved in 'medicine' e.g Doctors, Pharmacist, Registered nurses etc have studied these properties which includes the human body such that we need to go to them in order to make use of these specialized knowledge they have gotten out of what God has given to us. So going to a Doctor is another way of appreciating God for what he has done for us.

I will give you an example. If you need to power your vehicle, do you pray to God in order to do this? There won't be any need because God has made available the resources we need to power our vehicle. Hence when we need fuel, we go to a gas station to get it. It will only be appropriate to say THANK YOU to God for providing this very helpful resources for the good of mankind.

In the same way, our attitude towards medical practitioners should be that of Thanks giving. Note also that going to a doctor does not prevent a Christian from saying a prayer for the success of the treatment. We should as Christians be favourably disposed to science and the things we know through science. We should learn to appreciate what God has made available to us through science.

Thank you!
inasmuch as i agree with you, i am only writing on things working in our subconsciouse mind that do not allow the children of the world to truelly see christ through us the christian. We both (christians & non christian in the majority) see the world from same angle which out not to be so, this is in the case where there is challenges that can throw one of balance. Miracles are mysterious happenings which is beyond comprehension. The world today is gropping in darkness & saying there is no God cos many christians has refused to shine. Even devil himself blievs there is God. Offcourse i dönt need to go and acquire a piece of land and start praying for harvest when i did not plant anything. God has given us wisdom to do better than that, my point is that i dont have to loose hope on the harvest being fruitful because i didnt add fertilizer. We have shifted trust in God to what can be achieved through the wisdom of man. So if i dont live my life in this humanly defined way so so and so wil happen to me, we loose the touch of divinity. The world sees that we r the same so it now takes the grace of God to win them to Christ. That is why many ministers have swam into prosperity messages, offcourse poverty anthem is evrywhr ppl want 2 excape it
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Winningways:
inasmuch as i agree with you, i am only writing on things working in our subconsciouse mind that do not allow the children of the world to truelly see christ through us the christian. We both (christians & non christian in the majority) see the world from same angle which out not to be so, this is in the case where there is challenges that can throw one of balance. Miracles are mysterious happenings which is beyond comprehension. The world today is gropping in darkness & saying there is no God cos many christians has refused to shine. Even devil himself blievs there is God. Offcourse i dönt need to go and acquire a piece of land and start praying for harvest when i did not plant anything. God has given us wisdom to do better than that, my point is that i dont have to loose hope on the harvest being fruitful because i didnt add fertilizer. We have shifted trust in God to what can be achieved through the wisdom of man. So if i dont live my life in this humanly defined way so so and so wil happen to me, we loose the touch of divinity. The world sees that we r the same so it now takes the grace of God to win them to Christ. That is why many ministers have swam into prosperity messages, offcourse poverty anthem is evrywhr ppl want 2 excape it

I agree totally with your assessment. The situation is indeed sad! I will suggest that we as Christians start doing right by God and there is a need for us to preach by the example we give. It is indeed true that our lives might just be the bible someone else will read.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
@striktlymi, God bless you for the understanding. I pray that God work through us mightly so that people arround us will see that there is God and that He has not changed
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
Winningways: @striktlymi, God bless you for the understanding. I pray that God work through us mightly so that people arround us will see that there is God and that He has not changed

Amen smiley
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by ooman(m): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Neddivine: ooman is a hard core satanist and an extreme unrepentant hater of God.He has on several times posted extreme abuses against God that satan himself can never dare because satan is fully aware of the limits God has set.ooman has gone far beyond these limits and what remains is fiery judgment were there is no repentance.

well thank you for your observation. Though I am not a satanist(not that being a satanist is wrong or bad but I don't believe in the devil), I think the devil is a million times hollier than god. for example, the devil is not guilty of multiple genocide, murder of women and children and r.ap.e of mary, God is.

secondly, I am not afraid of your god, I think someone need to bring him to judgment for all his evils. with the devil behind me, I will bring your God to justice and condemn him to eternal damnation.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Joagbaje(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2013
I see miracles of healing and others almost daily. Christianity without miracles is like anydead religion
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
mazaje: There are no miracles today because miracles like the ones written in the bible are MYTHs and LEGENDS. . .They are not real but ONLY STORIES that never happened in reality. . .

there are miracles and they are real.
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
Joagbaje: I see miracles of healing and others almost daily. without miracles
is dead religion
i agree with you
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ooman from your post it is obvious that u know there is God. Even if you dont believe in Him, He loves you
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
Isnt the internet a miracle? We all are here communicating.....glory be to yahweh cool. Lol sorry actually the white man created it....what a miracle!

But wait a minute, must we start worshiping the white man for inventing the internet? Of course not!
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
Winningways: @ooman from your post it is obvious that u know there is God. Even if you dont believe in Him, He loves you

What is God if i may ask?
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness: Isnt the internet a miracle? We all are here communicating.....glory be to yahweh cool. Lol sorry actually the white man created it....what a miracle!

But wait a minute, must we start worshiping the white man for inventing the internet? Of course not!
thats knowledge
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
Winningways:
thats knowledge

Would you call it knowledge if it were written in the bible? Wont you consider it the making of Yahweh?

Therefore,if you worship Yahweh for creating the universe,you need to worship those who invented the computer and internet
Re: Why There Are No Much Miracles Today by Winningways: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

Would you call it knowledge if it were written in the bible? Wont you consider it the making of Yahweh?

Therefore,if you worship Yahweh for creating the universe,you need to worship those who invented the computer and internet
worship goes ONLY to the creator of ALL things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can God Exist Without Man? / Who Are Infidels / Why Do Women Lead In Church When The Bible Says Otherwise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.