Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

ATM Machine Programming Language. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ATM Machine Programming Language. (14679 Views)

Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Atm Hacks "beware" / Defend Your Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Machine Programming Language. by dulaman: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
I went to the ATM machine to withraw money and it just occur to me to ask 'which programming language was used to code it?' and is there a nigerian company producing ATM machine? Thanks
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by naijaswag1: 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Question for the gods.

If you know anything about programming, you will be able to figure out the answer to your question. The ATM machine is a hardware and such aspects of programming falls under embedded system programming. The C language is very useful here. The ATM is a system, some proprietary languages may have gone in there and it is also possible that each part of that machine is programmed with the appropriate language that could best suit the purpose. The logic of an ATM is simple, check balance and make payment or not, simulating such is not a big deal. Although the checking of balance may not be that simple as a central server has to be consulted directly and probably some other servers say other banks via a web service and all that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by dulaman: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
naija_swag: Question for the gods.

If you know anything about programming, you will be able to figure out the answer to your question. The ATM machine is a hardware and such aspects of programming falls under embedded system programming. The C language is very useful here. The ATM is a system, some proprietary languages may have gone in there and it is also possible that each part of that machine is programmed with the appropriate language that could best suit the purpose. The logic of an ATM is simple, check balance and make payment or not, simulating such is not a big deal. Although the checking of balance may not be that simple as a central server has to be consulted directly and probably some other servers say other banks via a web service and all that.

thanks for the reply. You are right,i dont knw much about programing,infact this section gave me a better understanding of what programing is all about. I'm try to figure out which language to start with even.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by lrichierichman: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
dulaman:
thanks for the reply. You are right,i dont knw much about programing,infact this section gave me a better understanding of what programing is all about. I'm try to figure out which language to start with even.
the atm lang is c++ ,the c++ is used to create a O.S for the machine.. if Itz activated it will b connected to the main data server which works with the cards and references number in the data servers
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by JackOfAllTrades: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
lrichierichman:

the atm lang is c++ ,the c++ is used to create a O.S for the machine.. if Itz activated it will b connected to the main data server which works with the cards and references number in the data servers
ATM has no programming language
ATM has no special OS (most of them run windows xp)

16 Likes

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 26, 2014
JackOfAllTrades:
And that is the correct answer.

5 Likes

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by moderatorr: 4:47am On Nov 26, 2014
There is a desktop computer at the back of every ATM machine. There is also a USB port and a webcam, an earphone + mouth piece Jack on even every machine.

what does that tell you? jackOfalltrades is right.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Atm machines are just normal desktop computers, the ATM itself is just a software installed on the desktop which controls all the hardware nd stuffs. Hence, the ATM software can be built with almost any programming language that can talk to hardware..even python, java, c# e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by LordRahl001: 1:03am On Nov 28, 2014
mobolaji88:
Atm machines are just normal desktop computers, the ATM itself is just a software installed on the desktop which controls all the hardware nd stuffs. Hence, the ATM software can be built with almost any programming language that can talk to hardware..even python, java, c# e.t.c
tho not d regular desktop OS, but its just an OS that starts up d ATM app imm it starts up! so any prog lang can b used to listen to those button and also record live from d camera etc!! its just like connecting a card reader to a system with a cash register but of a higher degree!!
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
LordRahl001:
tho not d regular desktop OS, but its just an OS that starts up d ATM app imm it starts up! so any prog lang can b used to listen to those button and also record live from d camera etc!! its just like connecting a card reader to a system with a cash register but of a higher degree!!
sir, its a regular windows or anyother OS. Infact, most bankss use free ubuntu OS. Bt firstbank uses windows sha.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by CodeHouse: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
naijaswag1:
Question for the gods.

ATM run on XP, you do not need a special language, anyone can program an interface to work with the necessary hadwares, it is 0's and 1's...there are some ATM, especially the one for Diamond Bank in a particular area in Lagos that shows the windows XP desktop with the My Computer, Recycle Bin icons before d diamond bank login screen appears each time you want to start a new transaction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Koolwilly(m): 3:16am On Dec 01, 2014
JackOfAllTrades:
He is correct, in addition an Application know as java web start is installed, which is responsible for loading all basic software needed for the ATM to function directly from a network. The splash screen and all other applications required by the machine to function properly.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by peteruuu(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
naijaswag1:
Question for the gods.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by shcash: 6:20am On Feb 07, 2015
I saw this ATM loading windows 7

3 Likes

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by tresz: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2015
If ATM uses an OS, either Windows or Linux, then ATM operation is a software which is written in specific programing language(s).

1 Like

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by changecreator: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
C++
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by youngestpr(m): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2015
A bit more about how an ATM works:

When you walk up to the ATM and you insert your card and punch in some details, the details are sent to a switch provider (Interswitch for example) and the switch provider in turn contacts your bank if needed and then bring back the necessary response for the ATM to answer your request.

So as others have said you can look at the ATM in 3 ways, the Hardware, the Software and the System as a whole. In considering the System, the programming languages involved will heavily depend on the Software or platform that the ATM OS is built with, the Software the switch is using and then the Software the underlying bank or financial institution is using.

Kind Regards.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Pins(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks a lot guys,i know this may have been a fogotten thread but it just helped me,i got a contract yesterday to write a program for an ATM like machine except that this machine will not dispense cashi immediately turned it down under the guise that i will contact another programmer whom is into embedded systems programming as my concept of the working of an atm was completely different but little did i know the atm simply displays a program interface from a desktop connected through most likely a usb 3.0 interface that the user sees to interact with and all data entry is automatically simulated by the desktop pc connected to it and therefore armed with that i can write my program with any language of my choice and it will still run on the proposed machine please any more ideas about how an atm works will be appreciated.nairaland has never been this helpful to me than today to my over three years of being a member.Thanks a lot seun for this forum you buolt and may God continue to bless you.please anyone with more ideas can contact me on 07083350603.thanks a lot guys and my fellow programmers.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
It's not about writing a code for u to copy and paste and form programmer. Why not learn the language so that when u see some miserable codes you know how to work them out.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 13, 2015
gimakon:
It's not about writing a code for u to copy and paste and form programmer. Why not learn the language so that when u see some miserable codes you know how to work them out.
And that my brother is the truth. . .

1 Like

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Brett212: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called Mr. Michare, he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not fake. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $6000. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life with my girlfriend Laurel. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $78000 without any stress of being caught. I don't know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank ATM has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address (micharelatmhacker@gmail.com). call and text him +18508008129 And I believe they will also Change your life
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by seunoni34(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
JackOfAllTrades:
Exactly my thoughts too. I've seen some of those ATM's restart before my very eyes. Most if not all use XP.
And I'm sure it's one of those regular coverscreen softwares (softwares that covers screen once you startup a system like the ones you see in cyber cafes or those e-test centers) that they use.

1 Like

Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 09, 2020
Pins:
Thanks a lot guys,i know this may have been a fogotten thread but it just helped me,i got a contract yesterday to write a program for an ATM like machine except that this machine will not dispense cashi immediately turned it down under the guise that i will contact another programmer whom is into embedded systems programming as my concept of the working of an atm was completely different but little did i know the atm simply displays a program interface from a desktop connected through most likely a usb 3.0 interface that the user sees to interact with and all data entry is automatically simulated by the desktop pc connected to it and therefore armed with that i can write my program with any language of my choice and it will still run on the proposed machine please any more ideas about how an atm works will be appreciated.nairaland has never been this helpful to me than today to my over three years of being a member.Thanks a lot seun for this forum you buolt and may God continue to bless you.please anyone with more ideas can contact me on 07083350603.thanks a lot guys and my fellow programmers.
Bro, what programming language did you use? I hope I'm good to go with Java
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by remi4ever(m): 10:33pm On May 10, 2020
JackOfAllTrades:

You're a Brainiac, most people don't know..

These days, most of them are running on widows 7 tho.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Runningwater(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2020
JackOfAllTrades:
Yes, it runs on Windows is but it's also built using embedded C.
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by Runningwater(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2020
But it's better when built with programming languages close to machine code( low level language) like C, Embedded C etc
Re: ATM Machine Programming Language. by adeyinkaroyal: 2:46am On May 20, 2020
Trust me, 95% of the ATM Machines in Nigeria is powered by .NET Technology
Note that there are several languages under the .NET umbrella, and the popular ones being C#, VB.NET and F#
Have had 1st-hand experience of when ATM software has error and being a .NET Software Developer myself, I can interpret some of the error and know what it mean because they are majory thrown using the CLR - Common Language Runtime.
As stated by some of the commentators, ATM machine is truly just a normal computer running WindowsTM Operating System.
The lead difference between it and your regular PC is that additional hardware (peripherals) were attached to it, e.g. the Number Pad where you enter your PIN, the command buttons where you instruct the ATM of your next action, the Counter and Cash Dispense.
It is very easy to program. WHY? because all these machines comes with their SDK (Software Development Kit) or simply put, documentation.
I have programmed a Touchscreen monitor before (similar case is as use by banks like Sterling where you interact with the screen)
I have programmed external hardware before e.g. Barcode scanner, webcam etc.
I have also programmed other hardware e.g. Gas Analyzer

Don't get mislead by some comments where I'm seeing C or C++ being used; at least in the case of Nigeria.
If you need further information, just drop it in the comment, I will react to it.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Traims 200 Trained In Python Programming Language / Updates From #ForLoopAbuja / Architectural Design Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.