Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Tithe Theives - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Theives (1141 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Theives by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
[size=14pt]Anyone who preaches Malachi 3:9 is either ignorant of the word of God which applies to a minority of cases , or a THIEF which applies to 95% of all cases.[/size]

Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
YES ooooooooooooooo. God CANNOT CURSE AND BLESS AT THE SAME TIME. It's either you're out or in; you cannot be outside and inside at the SAME time. Either you are dry or wet; you cannot be under a shower and say you're dry. Either you're full or empty. God has ALREADY blessed us in the NT - It's NOT by tithing! They should stop threatening God's people with tithe curses of Malachi 3:9-10.

New Living Translation (©2007)
But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. - Galatians 3:13-14

You see, BLESSED!

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: - Ephesians 1:3

Again, BLESSED!

How can we be ALREADY blessed and they still tell us we're CURSED God cannot bless and curse at the same time.
Re: Tithe Theives by ayobase(m): 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
Una never tire on top this matter?.....that topic makes about 50% of the threads on the Religion Section!

Na wa o....why una dey vex....nobody dey force anybody....the pastor no come dip his hands for ur pocket na!
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
^
No mind us - tithe teachers and anti-tithers. The tithe teachers are the ones looking for trouble all the time because they want to collect money from God's people. They will threaten God's people with curse in Malachi - That's a way of 'forcing' people to tithe 10% of their income.

We're only here to tell them the NT NEVER instructed Christians to tithe but to give and it doesn't have to be 10% but as any man is blessed. Our message is quite simple! As long as they keep coming up to threaten with curse, we shall not hold our peace also.
Re: Tithe Theives by christemmbassey(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we recieve of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23. AND THIS IS HIS COMMANDMENT, THAT WE SHOULD BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST and LOVE one another, as he gave us commandment.(KJV). No tithe pls.
Re: Tithe Theives by christemmbassey(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
To show how ferocious they are, they say 'PAY ' instead of 'give', i wonder wetin our brethren bought from them.
Re: Tithe Theives by PastorKun(m): 8:14am On Feb 13, 2013
Nice one Frosbel, this war against false teaching of tithes must be sustained until most christians come to the knowledge of truth and it becomes embarassing for tithe thieves to twist scripture to preach their heresy.
Re: Tithe Theives by rezzy: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
frosbel: [size=14pt]Anyone who preaches Malachi 3:9 is either ignorant of the word of God which applies to a minority of cases , or a THIEF which applies to 95% of all cases.[/size]
Then, can you kindly explain that verse?
Goshen360:
God has ALREADY blessed us in the NT - It's NOT by tithing! They should stop threatening God's people with tithe curses of Malachi 3:9-10.
But that scripture makes us to understand that when we give our tithe, he will open the windows of heaven and bless us.

Goshen360:
New Living Translation (©2007)
But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. - Galatians 3:13-14

You see, BLESSED!

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: - Ephesians 1:3

Again, BLESSED!

How can we be ALREADY blessed and they still tell us we're CURSED God cannot bless and curse at the same time.

Is tithing a curse? Cos with the scriptures u quoted, u are making me to understand that tithing is a curse.
Re: Tithe Theives by alexleo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
frosbel: [size=14pt]Anyone who preaches Malachi 3:9 is either ignorant of the word of God which applies to a minority of cases , or a THIEF which applies to 95% of all cases.[/size]

STOP TALKING NONSENSE. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY TITHE THATS YOUR BUSINESS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PASTORS WHO DEFRAUD MEMBEERS BY CALLING FOR SEVERAL OFFERINGS THEN THATS A DIFFERENT THING. LEAVE TITHE OUT OF THE MATTER MISTER KNOW-ALL.
Re: Tithe Theives by PastorKun(m): 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
alexleo:

STOP TALKING NONSENSE. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY TITHE THATS YOUR BUSINESS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PASTORS WHO DEFRAUD MEMBEERS BY CALLING FOR SEVERAL OFFERINGS THEN THATS A DIFFERENT THING. LEAVE TITHE OUT OF THE MATTER MISTER KNOW-ALL.

Abeg sharrap tithing was NEVER directed at christians. Christian tithing as it is preached today was derived from fraudulently manipulating scriptures. The fact that your church which you idolise preaches it does not make it right. Fact remains that monetary tithing from income cannot be preached without twisting scriptures which is a very grievous sin.
Re: Tithe Theives by christemmbassey(m): 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
alexleo:

if you are a christian pls be civil, the argument of deaf and dumb should not be head amongs us, if you have a point pls marshal it with grace. Bible says - let ur speach always be with grace, seasoned with salt that thou migt know how ye ought to answer everyl men (col 4:6). There is no amount of insults that will bring backthat which was abolished by the death of Jesus, unless you can cancellf the death of Jesus on the cross. The fact that greed is pushing ppl to practice tith does not make it right. Dont collect, dont pay tith because it was abolished by Jesus death.
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
This is tithe week - discussing so much tithe this week. grin
Re: Tithe Theives by mumumugu(m): 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
Frosbel , take it easy
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
rezzy:

But that scripture makes us to understand that when we give our tithe, he will open the windows of heaven and bless us.

Is tithing a curse? Cos with the scriptures u quoted, u are making me to understand that tithing is a curse.

What I'm saying is, God doesn't bless and at the same time curse a man. Never is nowhere in life or scripture where a man carries blessing + curse AT THE SAME TIME. A man is either cursed or blessed. In the NT, God had already blessed us, NOT by paying tithe but because of what Christ did. There's NOWHERE in the NT Church where tithe was instructed to the church, we are ONLY instructed to share our money with one another and GIVE.

Preachers who still demand tithes from NT Christians are actually the ones defrauding God's people in the name of God. In truth, tithe ended in Hebrews 7 as I often show people. We're under the New Covenant and Grace. The tithing in Malachi was what was carried on from the law of Moses - It was addressing the priest of the temple then, NOT the people. The curse of Malachi is for the priests that serve in the temple then.
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
@ Frosbel, Emmabassey, PastorKun etc,

Please, Let's handle issues like this without insult. I realized there're many that're ready to learn and be delivered from this tithe captives. If we explain to them in a humble way, they will understand. The other thread was bastardized. Let's be civic in this discussion. No insult, no name calling whatsoever please. Thank you!
Re: Tithe Theives by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
alexleo:

Why?

Because your sect also rips members off their money??
Re: Tithe Theives by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
You don't give tithe, you pay tithe. Don't you know that it is displeasing not to pay your tithe. Tithing as practised today is needed to care for the homeless angels in heaven and to provide upkeep for the cherubims. @op, you had better stop all this anti-tithing preaching.
.......Don't pour garri in my sand sand.......
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
^ Can I ask you a question sir? I see you're joking! Never mind please.
Re: Tithe Theives by alexleo(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
frosbel:

Why?

Because your sect also rips members off their money??

And i still say stop talking nonsense frosbel. I will continue to pay my tithe and its none of your business. You already know that my church isnt a money money church so stop making noise. If you dont want to pay your tithe thats for you but dont disturb us. I am not losing anything by paying or giving my tithe.
Re: Tithe Theives by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
^^

no one is bothered if you pay all your salary to your perfect 'church' , just don't preach it to others as truth because it is a LIE and a big one at that.
Re: Tithe Theives by alexleo(m): 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
frosbel: ^^

no one is bothered if you pay all your salary to your perfect 'church' , just don't preach it to others as truth because it is a LIE and a big one at that.

it is a lie only in your mind so carry the lie alone and stop spreading it.
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
frosbel: ^^

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE this message!

@alexleo,

Please can you show us ONE single scriptures where TITHE is mentioned to Christians or the Church in the New Testament please.
Re: Tithe Theives by christemmbassey(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
alexleo:

it is a lie only in your mind so carry the lie alone and stop spreading it.
the lie i see here is telling christians to pay tiths that was abolished by the priesthood of Jesus. Now do you know why the priests/high priests ordered the apostles not to preach in the name of Jesus and persecuted them? because they knew it will mean the end of tiths to them. The apostles did not collect tiths because the knew it was abolised. If jews by birth did not collect tith why must you ? I think its greed. Tith is filthy lurcre, its stealing and sin.
Re: Tithe Theives by Goshen360(m): 5:00am On Feb 15, 2013
A 2-HOUR VIDEO EXPOSITION ON TITHING: THE LIES OF TITHING EXPOSED AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFkEh5bEXw?hl=en
Re: Tithe Theives by RedReact: 8:02am On Feb 15, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
You don't give tithe, you pay tithe. Don't you know that it is displeasing not to pay your tithe. Tithing as practised today is needed to care for the homeless angels in heaven and to provide upkeep for the cherubims.
.......Don't pour garri in my sand sand.......

ghen-ghen shocked shocked Scriptural reference please.
Anjel Mikel, can I take care of you? grin grin grin

Enough of this tithe - don't tithe argumentations jor and let's move over to something else.
Re: Tithe Theives by RedReact: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: A 2-HOUR VIDEO EXPOSITION ON TITHING: THE LIES OF TITHING EXPOSED AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFkEh5bEXw?hl=en
Will download the video later, but at times, theologians explain things based on human understanding.
Re: Tithe Theives by vowiski(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
rezzy:

So this means you will be blessed right? Let's take another look at the phrase " open up the windows of heaven". Look at Genesis Gen. 7:11-12 & Gen. 8:2. Also, look at I Kings 8:35. You see, God wasn't promising blessings. He was promising RAIN! This is why God continued in Malachi 3:11 by saying, "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts". You see, the Israelites inheritance was conditional also. If they obeyed God's commandments, He would continue to pour rain from the windows of heaven and their seeds would be blessed. If they disobeyed God's commandments, he would shut up the windows of heaven and stop the rain, causing a drought.

God is not a hypocrite dude!

Genesis 7:11-12

King James Version (KJV)

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Genesis 8:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;

cheesy grin

You are not studying your Bible Sir, Please pray for the holy spirit's guidance to help you. Thanks
Re: Tithe Theives by vowiski(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
WHY DO PASTORS ALWAYS SAY "PAY" YOUR TITHES, MEANWHILE THE HOLY BIBLE UPON WHICH ALL TRUTH IS FOUND ALWAYS SAID "BRING"

CAN YOU "PAY" GOD WHEN HE CREATED THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE?

I DON'T WANT TO EVEN GO FURTHER, you can find more of my freedom from the tithing scam here
https://www.nairaland.com/1256208/never-pay-tithe-again-biggest
Re: Tithe Theives by rezzy: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
vowiski:

So this means you will be blessed right? Let's take another look at the phrase " open up the windows of heaven". Look at Genesis Gen. 7:11-12 & Gen. 8:2. Also, look at I Kings 8:35. You see, God wasn't promising blessings. He was promising RAIN! This is why God continued in Malachi 3:11 by saying, "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts". You see, the Israelites inheritance was conditional also. If they obeyed God's commandments, He would continue to pour rain from the windows of heaven and their seeds would be blessed. If they disobeyed God's commandments, he would shut up the windows of heaven and stop the rain, causing a drought.

God is not a hypocrite dude!

cheesy grin

You are not studying your Bible Sir, Please pray for the holy spirit's guidance to help you. Thanks
Ok, i will learn to study my bible very well. But im so lazy after the day's job.

(1) (Reply)

Was Fat Jesus Forced To Go An A Diet? / Current Trends That Deeply Offend God / "What Is The Story Of Elijah And The Prophets Of Baal?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.