Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? (684 Views)

Testimony Of A Buddhist Monk Died To Hell And Came Back To Life / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / The Testimony Of A Buddhist Monk In Myanmar Who died and Came Back To life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
Has anyone ever asked himself/herself this ultimate question: how come Paul is a christian and mohammed is a muslim? how come John's family are Catholics and Jane's family are Methodists? how come Yohanna is a Buddhist? why is Namaha a Hindi? how come?

are we members of our various religious groups just because our parents are members? or the generality of the society we live in are members?
what if my parents were born to Iranian parents, or Indians or even Chinese; would i have been a christian? what if my parents were Romans or American or Canadians; would i have been a Muslim?

if u can answer this questions sincerely, then i see no reason why u should think ur religious ideas are superior to that of other people or even to the man who doesn't believe in any religion. Mutual tolerance should be what we preach. . . respect for each other's ideologies.

Now food for thought: who will eventually go to 'heaven'? i ask this because most of these religion preach that the only condition for heaven is by following their own religion. abeg i need answers. . .

1 Like

Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by manmustwac(m): 2:15am On Feb 13, 2013
We are all products of our environment thats why someone born in the middle east wil most likely be a muslim someone born in Europe would most likely be a Christian and someone born in Asia a Buddhist its very rare for someone to change from Islam to Buddhism or Christianity most will just live and die in the religion they were born and bred into. They will also defend that religion due to to the mental conditioning from childhood despite all the flaws and inconsistencies in it. What about you poster which religion were you born and bred into?
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by tpia5: 3:02am On Feb 13, 2013
same reason why you're nigerian and black while the man in india is caucasoid and indian.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 13, 2013
naijachix: Has anyone ever asked himself/herself this ultimate question: how come Paul is a christian and mohammed is a muslim? how come John's family are Catholics and Jane's family are Methodists? how come Yohanna is a Buddhist? why is Namaha a Hindi? how come?

are we members of our various religious groups just because our parents are members? or the generality of the society we live in are members?
what if my parents were born to Iranian parents, or Indians or even Chinese; would i have been a christian? what if my parents were Romans or American or Canadians; would i have been a Muslim?

if u can answer this questions sincerely, then i see no reason why u should think ur religious ideas are superior to that of other people or even to the man who doesn't believe in any religion. Mutual tolerance should be what we preach. . . respect for each other's ideologies.

Now food for thought: who will eventually go to 'heaven'? i ask this because most of these religion preach that the only condition for heaven is by following their own religion. abeg i need answers. . .

The sentencei n highlights is anathema to atheists.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2013
davidylan:

i'm definitely not an atheist. but a liberal non-religious Christian. i respect every religion and believe that Love for fellow human is the essence of live.
no religion is inferior to others. As for the question of who will go to heaven; don't be surprised that even the so-called idol worshiper be go to heaven before most of these western religious people.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 11:13am On Feb 13, 2013
davidylan:

lol....coming from someone that just insulted atheists....the irony. grin
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2013
naijachix:

i'm definitely not an atheist. but a liberal non-religious Christian. i respect every religion and believe that Love for fellow human is the essence of live.
no religion is inferior to others. As for the question of who will go to heaven; don't be surprised that even the so-called idol worshiper be go to heaven before most of these western religious people.

I have a question for you. The bible says that all atheists are evil fools in psalm 14;1. How am I supposed to respect that as an atheist?
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2013
. . . when i say western religion, i actually mean modern religion: Christianity, Islam, Buddha etc.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I have a question for you. The bible says that all atheists are evil fools in psalm 14;1. How am I supposed to respect that as an atheist?

i don't really understand your question. can u clarify further. . .
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2013
naijachix:

i don't really understand your question. can u clarify further. . .

Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

How am I suppoesed to respect the bible or christianity given that verse?
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

How am I suppoesed to respect the bible or christianity given that verse?

sorry my guy, but i'm gonna do it d 9ja way. answer ur question with question. 1. are u a fool? 2. if yes, did u say there is no god? if all is yes, doesn't still mean u should condemn what their 'holy book' says. if u do not confine urself within the teaching of the bible. . . then it's not meant for u. u shld understand that it's not meant for u and then tolerate the people it's meant for; just the say way they should tolerate u and your believes.
Q.E.D
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
. . . in addition, if ur mother says: "ibrahim, don't ever play with that yoruba and that Ibo man". the yoruba and the ibo man shld respect ur view. however, if u come to the play ground and see the Ibo man and the yoruba man playing; it's expected u join them or u turnabout and go home. u can't come and tell them to get out so u can play alone. doesn't work that way.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2013
naijachix:

sorry my guy, but i'm gonna do it d 9ja way. answer ur question with question. 1. are u a fool? 2. if yes, did u say there is no god? if all is yes, doesn't still mean u should condemn what their 'holy book' says. if u do not confine urself within the teaching of the bible. . . then it's not meant for u. u shld understand that it's not meant for u and then tolerate the people it's meant for; just the say way they should tolerate u and your believes.
Q.E.D

Nazism is not meant for you. You are free to tolerate and respect Nazis
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by naijachix(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Nazism is not meant for you. You are free to tolerate and respect Nazis

do u know what tolerance is? I didn't say u should allow a criminal to come and kill u. . .
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
naijachix:

do u know what tolerance is? I didn't say u should allow a criminal to come and kill u. . .

The same way, I shouldnt allow a religion to discriminate against me......... wink
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by tpia5: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
thread derailed as usual.

now its about "me me me me me me me me", in his typical manner.
Re: How Come I'm A Christain And The Man In India Is A Buddhist? by MacDaddy01: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:
thread derailed as usual.

now its about "me me me me me me me me", in his typical manner.

Wassap Tpia?

smiley

(1) (Reply)

St Expedite / Enough!!!! / T. B. Joshua Message To The World — “carry The Youth Along”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.