Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist (2528 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by tobechi74: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Literates and iliterates differ in their ability to read and write. Whites and black differ in their skin colour.yet, they all work together.

Theist and atheist differ in their belief in God, but they find it hard to work together. They would rather find reasons to argue, debate in order to prove that each is right. At times, insulting and calling each other names

arent we tired of arguing, debating, fighting?

Am a theist who believe in God and yet hold no grudge or anger against them. I think we are at liberty to belive what we want. Ur belief mustnt correspond with mine and i shoujdnt attack you for it.

I can see a goat and call it a hen. You can call the goat a cow. It doesnt matter. I mustnt force u to belive the goat is a hen.

My belief doesnt always reflect my action. An atheist can be gud,bad, evil. A theist can be good bad evil. An atheist may suport gay, abortion etc. A theist can do same.

Lets put our individual belief aside and work together.lets throw down our weapon and shake hands.
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by MacDaddy01: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
I was like you when I first became an atheist. But this is a pipe dream. Only secular christians (christians who dont believe in the supernatural/miracles/everything in the bible) can ally with atheists

The problem lies with your christian brothers and your bible.

The moment you accept psalm 14;1 as true, you cant unite with atheists.

How can you talk about uniting with atheists when you are not a secular christian and your bible says;

psalm14;1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2Corinthians 6;14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

So, are you a secular christian?
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by scarred: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
My advice, don't bother. This is a uniquely personal journey, which you can not and should not legislate for others or undertake on their behalf...
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by mumumugu(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
tobechi74: Literates and iliterates differ in their ability to read and write. Whites and black differ in their skin colour.yet, they all work together.

Theist and atheist differ in their belief in God, but they find it hard to work together. They would rather find reasons to argue, debate in order to prove that each is right. At times, insulting and calling each other names

Am a theist who believe in God and yet hold no grudge or anger against them. I think we are at liberty to belive what we want. Ur belief mustnt correspond with mine and i shoujdnt attack you for it.

I can see a goat and call it a hen. You can call the goat a cow. It doesnt matter. I mustnt force u to belive the goat is a hen.

My belief doesnt always reflect my action. An atheist can be gud,bad, evil. A theist can be good bad evil. An atheist may suport gay, abortion etc. A theist can do same.

Lets put our individual belief aside and work together.lets throw down our weapon and shake hands.
op is day dreaming, this is not posible
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
i will never shake hands with a xtian on grounds of religion. they are traitors. they must convert to Traditional Religion.
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by ooman(m): 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
about science and nature -NEVER will I agree with xtians(muslims are out of question)

about building africa -MAYBE (but not always, its for africa and when that is done, bye to xtians)
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by alexleo(m): 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
I cannot in this life agree with atheists. I will Never seek to unite with any of them except if it is the one that repents and come to Jesus. We are two parallel lines that can never meet as long as they are atheists. OP if you want to unite with them thats your business.
This post is irrelevant. Uniting with atheists has nothing to add in my account so i couldnt be bothered.
I have said it that the very day atheists starts agreeing with me, one of this two things might have happened- Its either i ve derailed in my faith in God( God forbid) or they have repented and bowed down to God.

tobechi74: Literates and iliterates differ in their ability to read and write. Whites and black differ in their skin colour.yet, they all work together.

Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by ooman(m): 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
alexleo: I cannot in this life agree with atheists. I will Never seek to unite with any of them except if it is the one that repents and come to Jesus. We are two parallel lines that can never meet as long as they are atheists. OP if you want to unite with them thats your business.
This post is irrelevant. Uniting with atheists has nothing to add in my account so i couldnt be bothered.
I have said it that the very day atheists starts agreeing with me, one of this two things might have happened- Its either i ve derailed in my faith in God( God forbid) or they have repented and bowed down to God.

you are a deranged psychopath, and an impaired sociopath.
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2013
Good evening Tobe,

I agree with you to the extent that a Theist and an Atheist can work together. Difference in beliefs does not imply a lack of the ability to do things in common.

Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Agnostics, Pagans etc have been known to work together. It is not just practical for this not to take place.

I have had teams where everyone had a separate belief. After arguing over lunch, we go back together to work as a team. It's just like saying because Ahmed Musa is Muslim then Emenike should not pass the ball to him when he has the better scoring chance.

Disagreement is normal, even Christians disagree over a number of things, what matters is that people diagree as friends and not as enemies.

Thank you!
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by MacDaddy01: 12:17am On Feb 14, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Tobe,

I agree with you to the extent that a Theist and an Atheist can work together. Difference in beliefs does not imply a lack of the ability to do things in common.

Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Agnostics, Pagans etc have been known to work together. It is not just practical for this not to take place.

I have had teams where everyone had a separate belief. After arguing over lunch, we go back together to work as a team. It's just like saying because Ahmed Musa is Muslim then Emenike should not pass the ball to him when he has the better scoring chance.

Disagreement is normal, even Christians disagree over a number of things, what matters is that people diagree as friends and not as enemies.

Thank you!

.....and they all lived happily ever after!

I also wish that to be true but christianity breeds both positive spirituality and fundamentalism. So you have the extremist christians on one side and the good christians on the other.

So, Atheists can get along with secular christians just fine but for fundamentalist- which majority of Nigerian christians are, impossible!
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by ijawkid(m): 12:37am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

.....and they all lived happily ever after!

I also wish that to be true but christianity breeds both positive spirituality and fundamentalism. So you have the extremist christians on one side and the good christians on the other.

So, Atheists can get along with secular christians just fine but for fundamentalist- which majority of Nigerian christians are, impossible!

You forget you are an extremist atheist........
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by MacDaddy01: 12:42am On Feb 14, 2013
ijawkid:

You forget you are an extremist atheist........

Please remind me of the last time I
-engaged in tithe fraud
-called all christians fools like how psalm 14;1 says of atheists
-bombed a church
-supported a false prophecy by a con man
-bombed an abortion clinic
-called for a ban on christianity or islam
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by alexleo(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2013
ooman:

you are a deranged psychopath, and an impaired sociopath.

I still maintain my stand. Any more abuse from you GO AHEAD......
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by mumumugu(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2013
scarred: My advice, don't bother. This is a uniquely personal journey, which you can not and should not legislate for others or undertake on their behalf...
totaly agree
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by mumumugu(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i will never shake hands with a xtian on grounds of religion. they are traitors. they must convert to Traditional Religion.
but you can shake hands with an atheist
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by cyrexx: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2013
If Christians really want nothing to do with atheist/agnostics, they should immediately stop using nairaland (owned by an atheist) stop using windows OS (created by an agnostic) and stop using Facebook (owned by an atheist)

1 Like

Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by tobechi74: 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
psalm14;1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2Corinthians 6;14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

The bible said it waz foolish to think there is no God.
However, the bible dint ask us to call them fools. IF YOU CALL UR BROTHER A FOOL FOR NO CAUSE, U ARE GUILTY...
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by tobechi74: 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
2Corinthians 6;14

The bible recognises atheist, diviners, prostitutes, and body who doesnt do Gods wil as SINNERS.

The bible hasnt asked the righteous to isolate them. Even Jesus ate with tax collector. He didnt condem the prostitute
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
mumumugu: but you can shake hands with an atheist

yesofcourse. atheists dont force us to convert to their disbelief. neither do they talk senseless things. neither do they strive to destroy our cultures, hold our nations backward, extort money in the name of religion/irreligion,etc.

they focus only upon the material realm and they do it rightly. xtians on the other hand, try to poke their nose in both areas and end up messing everything up.

for, e.g., what does laws on gays got to do with spirituality?
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by tobechi74: 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
cyrexx: If Christians really want nothing to do with atheist/agnostics, they should immediately stop using nairaland (owned by an atheist) stop using windows OS (created by an agnostic) and stop using Facebook (owned by an atheist)
atheist need theist. Theist need atheist. Its mutual
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by ooman(m): 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
tobechi74: atheist need theist. Theist need atheist. Its mutual

you cant be so sure of that. i disagree with the "need" word used
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by tobechi74: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
ooman:

you cant be so sure of that. i disagree with the "need" word used
choose a beta word. Plz
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by alexleo(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2013
cyrexx: If Christians really want nothing to do with atheist/agnostics, they should immediately stop using nairaland (owned by an atheist) stop using windows OS (created by an agnostic) and stop using Facebook (owned by an atheist)

And you too stop using things produced by christians. And of course you know that if christians pull out from nairaland, seun's business will nose dive into obsurity. If nairaland is owned by you would you advice your largest customers to leave? selfish thinker.
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by alexleo(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2013
tobechi74: atheist need theist. Theist need atheist. Its mutual

stop generalizing my friend. It is you that needs atheist. I HAVE NO NEED OF THEM IN MY LIFE. NOT AT ALL. I cant even offer any atheist a job in my company and if i notice any atheist among my workers i will sack the virus(atheist).
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2013
alexleo:

And you too stop using things produced by christians. And of course you know that if christians pull out from nairaland, seun's business will nose dive into obsurity. If nairaland is owned by you would you advice your largest customers to leave? selfish thinker.
lol...
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by MrAnony1(m): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2013
alexleo:

stop generalizing my friend. It is you that needs atheist. I HAVE NO NEED OF THEM IN MY LIFE. NOT AT ALL. I cant even offer any atheist a job in my company and if i notice any atheist among my workers i will sack the virus(atheist).
Wow just wow.....is that what Jesus taught you?
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Wow just wow.....is that what Jesus taught you?

undecided
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2013
alexleo:

Totally un-christian!
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Totally un-christian!

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

The problem with your bible is that he can defend his wicked statement with your bible. smiley
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

The problem with your bible is that he can defend his wicked statement with your bible. smiley

Good morning LB,

He can only defend that when he does not know how to interpret and apply sacred scriptures. It seems to me that he is driven by emotions.
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning LB,

He can only defend that when he does not know how to interpret and apply sacred scriptures. It seems to me that he is driven by emotions.

It seems to me that many parts of the bible are written by people driven by emotions
Re: Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

It seems to me that many parts of the bible are written by people driven by emotions

Your opinion! your right!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blw International Day Of Service / Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? / Allah Word Written In Arabic Appears On Egg Shell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.