Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola (23164 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / Diseases You Can Get From Drinking Too Much Garri / Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2013

It always seemed like a scare tactic that fat fearing parents would tell their sugar loving kids: if you drink too much Coke, you could die! (okay, maybe in a not so morbid way) But a woman actually died from drinking too much Coke. The coroner blamed the 30-year-old woman's 2.2 GALLON a day Coke problem—as in Coca Cola—as the reason for her death.

2.2 gallons is about 4 2-liters or nearly 24 cans of Coke every day. Holy shit. Natasha Harris, the woman who drank too much Coke, passed away in February 2010 but coroner David Crerar just recently released his report, saying:

"I find that when all the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died."

In addition:

[Her habit] "was a substantial factor that contributed to the development of the metabolic imbalances which gave rise to the arrhythmia".

Harris, who didn't drink alcohol, was also found to have an enlarged liver because of fatty depostis from excessive sugar consumption and low potassium levels in her blood. Her body was ruined inside from all the fizzy brown syrup. Coke responded to the coroner's claim, saying:

"[We] are disappointed that the coroner has chosen to focus on the combination of Ms Harris' excessive consumption of Coca-Cola, together with other health and lifestyle factors, as the probable cause of her death. This is contrary to the evidence that showed the experts could not agree on the most likely cause."

Coke Kills!
_
SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Burger01(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
OMG!!! 2.2 gallon a day!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by faithco: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Huh?
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by TeeSeven(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Well, this is just sensational. Too much of anything indeed can kill - even water.
It just happened to be Coke in this case.
RIP sha.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by oluwadare26(m): 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
I'm not convinced.... Its not true perharps she died 4rm sumthing else
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Techwriter: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
So Coke kills whether its cocaine or coca cola. Beware!!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by DBen2: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
The truth is that every single thing we consume is harmful when taken in excess, even water .

3 Likes

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by TableLeg(m): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
UNlucky undecided
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Dfrenzy(m): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oh men, COKE na COKE, whether drink or sniff, no one good. Better to drink water n smoke weed, way more better.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by SlyIg(f): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
No spoil market for coca cola this val o ...
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by moredendisc: 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2013

Thanks to a raging soda habit, William Kennewell, 25, wears a full set of dentures.
Kennewell drank between six and eight liters of sugary soft drinks a day
and ignored his dentists' warnings about the problem until it was too late, he said

Soft-drink addiction caused Australia man, 25, to lose teeth, get blood poisoning
William Kennewell never cared for water, and he had ready access to soda, so he drank that — lots of it.
Now he’s the perfect poster boy for Mayor Bloomberg’s war on soda.

Need a reason to cut back on soda? How about a 25-year-old who wears dentures?

William Kennewell of Salisbury, Australia, was never a fan of water, so he drank cola — a lot of it.

He downed a staggering six to eight liters a day for three years, he told the Adelaide Advertiser.

The soda habit became an addiction that he "struggled to kick," Kennewell said.

Eventually, he developed tooth decay so severe that it led to blood poisoning — and the removal of his remaining teeth.

"I'm told a normal person has about 23 teeth, but ... I only had 13 left, and they had to be removed," Kennewell said.

"It started because I wasn't a huge water fan and working in the hotel industry, I had easy access to Coke.

"Because my teeth were decaying so badly, it caused blood poisoning which just made me sick, but my health improved with the dentures
."

Kennewell is now a poster boy for Australian health researchers who are calling for warning labels on soft drinks about the risks of tooth decay.

He agrees with the idea, he says, though he's not sure how effective it will be

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/cola-addict-25-rots-teeth-blood-poisoning-article-1.1255886#ixzz2KojTRd3T
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by nbright: 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm not convinced.... Its not true perharps she died 4rm sumthing else
If na naija, e for b one innocent mama for village.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Bryancrox(m): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mtchew...How dis story wan take gv me money wen i wan take buy gift 4 my girl dis valentine,my relatnship is at stake_wreckoba abeg cor blow whistle.Whistle ¡ whistle ¡¡ whistle¡¡¡
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by vanstanzy(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
If that's, how much is too much??
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by dustydee: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
shocked
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by gunpoint(m): 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
I made front page
God punish devil! grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by jhydebaba(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Excessive water kills too. Where the hell is moderation
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by baberedefined: 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Yes. Too much of everytin is not good. Too much intake of sugary tins cause more harm n no good( xcept for d sweet taste dt doesn't last up to 30secs). In addition to tooth decay, it cld lead to diabetes mellitus, obesity(which has its many adverse effects), renal failure,just to mention a few. Flee frm sugary tins n hv a beta life
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by smoothlips(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Stupid woman. Hw can u drink dat much Coca and not die?

*sips another glass of stout*

The idiot had notin to live for,so she poisoned herself systematically using extreme consumption of coca cola

*frowns at d girl sitting close to me*

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by kingblosky: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
Coke kills but BEER can never kill you. I take like 20 liters of beer a day and I'm stronger than 5 bulls put together. Babes if you doubt me; moro is Valentines day ; you can ping me for a taste of the rod for confirmento.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
kingblosky: Coke kills but BEER can never kill you. I take like 20 liters of beer a day and I'm stronger than 5 bulls put together. Babes if you doubt me; moro is Valentines day ; you can ping me for a taste of the rod for confirmento.
What of Guiness Stout, is it deadly, am quitting Gins for beer, lost a friend last week to liver problems occasioned by alcohol.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by kingblosky: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Billyonaire: What of Guiness Stout, is it deadly, am quitting Gins for beer, lost a friend last week to liver problems occasioned by alcohol.

Guiness Stout is 100% poison .. Gin is ogogoro and ogogoro is gin and its PURE POISON too.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
kingblosky:

Guiness Stout is 100% poison .. Gin is ogogoro and ogogoro is gin and its PURE POISON too.
That means I got to got back to redwine, redwine sends me to the dentist every 3 months, a man has to drink something. Can someone recommend something ?
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Dygeasy(m): 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Tee_Seven: Too much of anything indeed can kill - even water.
D_Ben: The truth is that every single thing we consume is harmful when taken in excess, even water .
jhydebaba: Excessive water kills too. Where the hell is moderation
i don't know what all of you were drinking when you typed this...ahn ahn!!

Mentioning water in this is so so way off it!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by hakunajay(m): 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Billyonaire: That means I got to got back to redwine, redwine sends me to the dentist every 3 months, a man has to drink something. Can someone recommend something ?

Something...
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by harlos: 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dygeasy: i don't know what all of you were drinking when you typed this...ahn ahn!!

Mentioning water in this is so so way off it!
i wonder too cos water is never too much for the body
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Okworigeorge(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
Billyonaire: That means I got to got back to redwine, redwine sends me to the dentist every 3 months, a man has to drink something. Can someone recommend something ?
....URINE ....jez sayin...
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by kavey10(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ermmm.... Shebi na only Coca-Cola abi? Viju milk and La Casera Soda drink no dey kill na. *sips his 5th Viju drink today*
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by MMM2(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
Rip 2 her
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by FXKing2012(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
The family should sue coca-cola and make big cash off Coca Cola.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by nenepea(f): 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm not convinced.... Its not true perharps she died 4rm sumthing else
THOMAS! Go a drink 4•2 litres of coke in a day fIrst
angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by MEILYN(m): 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
coca cola is just like a cigar....its addictive stop taking caffeine ppl its bad 4 ur health

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies! 6 Ways To Cure Vaginal Itching / 5 Igbo Nigerian Men Die In New Delhi, India Within A Week / Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.