Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola (23159 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / Diseases You Can Get From Drinking Too Much Garri / Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by harlos: 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
News wey they for don bring since, na now they come dey talk am,the woman don die since 2010
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by MEILYN(m): 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
FXKing2012: The family should sue coca-cola and make big cash off Coca Cola.

who sent her to drink excess? Coca cola will nt be held responsible neva
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by OLOYEDEOREOLUWA(f): 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
Too much water kills o.didn't know dat until recently too. People are encouraged to drink a lot cos ppl hardly ever drink enough not to talk of too much
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by jhydebaba(m): 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dygeasy: i don't know what all of you were drinking when you typed this...ahn ahn!!

Mentioning water in this is so so way off it!
... And I wonder if u re suffering from excessive coke intake cheesy
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 14, 2013
A few months of daily Ice cream consumption made me lose one of my molars so sugar KILLS.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by topsy1971: 1:37am On Feb 14, 2013
Too much sugar intake doesn't kill. What kills is your body malfunction which cannot convert the poisonous sugar to harmless glycogen.contact your doctor to ascertain your insulin status. Anyway RIP.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by redsun(m): 2:01am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: That means I got to got back to redwine, redwine sends me to the dentist every 3 months, a man has to drink something. Can someone recommend something ?

Guiness is good moderately. It is better than the rest and it is packed with healthy iron.

Or better still,fresh palm wine,mixed with a bit of Guiness.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by supereagle(m): 6:03am On Feb 14, 2013
DIET fizzy drinks can raise the risk of diabetes by 60 per cent, startling new research has revealed.

A study of more than 66,000 women found those who drank artificially sweetened drinks were more likely to develop the disease than those who indulged in regular, ‘full fat’ versions.

The findings, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, fly in the face of conventional thinking that regular versions of fizzy drinks are always worse for our health.

The effect is compounded by the fact that diet drinkers also consume more - on average 2.8 glasses a week compared to 1.6 for regular drinkers. Regular, full-fat versions of fizzy drinks have previously been linked to an increased risk of diabetes.

But less is known about their artificially sweetened counterparts - often promoted as a healthier substitute.

In the study, more than 66,000 middle-aged French women were quizzed about their dietary habits. Their health was then monitored over 14 years from 1993 to 2007.

The researchers, from the National Institute of Health and Medical Research in France, examined the rates of diabetes among women who drank either regular or diet fizzy drink and those who drank only unsweetened fruit juice.

Women who drank fizzy drinks had a higher risk of diabetes than those who only consumed juice.

Those who drank up to 359ml of any type of fizzy a week - just more than a regular-sized can - were a third more likely to develop the disease. The risk was more than double in those who drank 600ml a week - just bigger than a regular bottle
DIET fizzy drinks can raise the risk of diabetes by 60 per cent, startling new research has revealed.

A study of more than 66,000 women found those who drank artificially sweetened drinks were more likely to develop the disease than those who indulged in regular, ‘full fat’ versions.

The findings, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, fly in the face of conventional thinking that regular versions of fizzy drinks are always worse for our health.

The effect is compounded by the fact that diet drinkers also consume more - on average 2.8 glasses a week compared to 1.6 for regular drinkers. Regular, full-fat versions of fizzy drinks have previously been linked to an increased risk of diabetes.

But less is known about their artificially sweetened counterparts - often promoted as a healthier substitute.

In the study, more than 66,000 middle-aged French women were quizzed about their dietary habits. Their health was then monitored over 14 years from 1993 to 2007.

The researchers, from the National Institute of Health and Medical Research in France, examined the rates of diabetes among women who drank either regular or diet fizzy drink and those who drank only unsweetened fruit juice.

Women who drank fizzy drinks had a higher risk of diabetes than those who only consumed juice.

Those who drank up to 359ml of any type of fizzy a week - just more than a regular-sized can - were a third more likely to develop the disease. The risk was more than double in those who drank 600ml a week - just bigger than a regular bottle
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113321:diet-fizzy-drinks-increase-diabetes-risk-by-60&catid=44:natural-health&Itemid=599
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Reference(m): 7:18am On Feb 14, 2013
babe redefined: Yes. Too much of everytin is not good. Too much intake of sugary tins cause more harm n no good( xcept for d sweet taste dt doesn't last up to 30secs). In addition to tooth decay, it cld lead to diabetes mellitus, obesity(which has its many adverse effects), renal failure,just to mention a few. Flee frm sugary tins n hv a beta life

You always hear this: too much sugar causes diabetis. That's one big lie we can't seem to get round and this half truth continues to kill. Sugar is absolutely vital for body functions. There are as many reasons why the body cannot handle sugar as there are sources of sugar. I know people who appear not to have touched the thing for years but still developed diabetis. The bottom line is lifestyle. Those who take in excess energy should be those who burn excess energy.

Coca-Cola was developed to deliver energy. It was classed as a sports drink but unfortunately became a popular recreational beverage. If you are not a 'field man' like me but your daily activities take place in a 6 by 6 cell what the heck do you need energy for.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by chiswaggs: 7:23am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: That means I got to got back to redwine, redwine sends me to the dentist every 3 months, a man has to drink something. Can someone recommend something ?
water
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Reference(m): 7:40am On Feb 14, 2013
chiswaggs:
water

They are not the same thing. Water is neutral and will rehydrate you. It will replace waste or temp. control fluids. But it will not replace lost salt nor energy.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by CzarChris(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2013
Dygeasy: i don't know what all of you were drinking when you typed this...ahn ahn!!

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by chucky234(m): 8:29am On Feb 14, 2013
Just settle for ZOBO

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Carius(m): 8:35am On Feb 14, 2013

it's true...saw it on sonymax,"A 1000 ways to Die"...too much water intake can kill!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by kufre2010: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2013
try local palmwine its enrich with yeast and gud 4 d eyes
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by kufre2010: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2013
OLOYEDEOREOLUWA: Too much water kills o.didn't know dat until recently too. People are encouraged to drink a lot cos ppl hardly ever drink enough not to talk of too much
ok nw take 50 litres daily in two months time come and post ur medical report
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Catchfire1: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2013
gunpoint: I made front page
God punish devil! grin

i envy you cry
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Newcrescent(m): 8:48am On Feb 14, 2013
I guess all these soft drink manufacturers should always put up enligthment programmes to sensitize the populace on consumption and effects of these drinks. Honestly speaking, fruits/Vegs/Water are the best.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Sike(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Whaaaaaat?! 2.2 Gallon/day? I swear Then suppose re-kill her ni mehn!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by FXKing2012(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2013
MEILYN:

who sent her to drink excess? Coca cola will nt be held responsible neva
People successfully sue drug companies, tobacco companies, etc all the time so how is this different? Dont u know coca cola contains caffeine which is a very addictive drug?
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by GentleNaaz(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2013
From now hence forth, any tn wey i wan eat, if i c "co" or "ca" talk of "coca cola" i no dy chop agn.
NB; coca cola contains caiffiene
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by saved: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2013
Tee_Seven: Well, this is just sensational. Too much of anything indeed can kill - even water.
It just happened to be Coke in this case.:- water, i mean quality water of less than 300microgram microbes can only make you uncomfortable unlike the Carbonated, caffein, seven cubed per bottle coke. Remember carbon dioxide or carbon IV oxide is a toxin in the body but,it is a preservative in coke. Caffein is a stimulant (drug) but,it is used to tantalize your taste bud in coke. Sugar consumption requires enough insulin to break it down but, coke has 7 cubes per bottle/can. People think they are enjoying the sweetness of coke without knowing they are investing in Diabetes mellitus. Keep drinking now and keep paying later(humo insulin, metformin etc). Peace.
RIP sha.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by harlos: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
OLOYEDEOREOLUWA: Too much water kills o.didn't know dat until recently too. People are encouraged to drink a lot cos ppl hardly ever drink enough not to talk of too much
ok how too much of water affect the body to the extent of killing
Shey u no dey pee ni
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
kingblosky: Coke kills but BEER can never kill you. I take like 20 liters of beer a day and I'm stronger than 5 bulls put together. Babes if you doubt me; moro is Valentines day ; you can ping me for a taste of the rod for confirmento.

Mister, dey there dey deceive yourself. You are paving the way for liver problem.

Some don't just learn; I though it's said that experience is the best teacher. Nowadays, I guess not!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2013

Homemade fruit & vegetable juices and good ole H2O.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
kavey10: Ermmm.... Shebi na only Coca-Cola abi? Viju milk and La Casera Soda drink no dey kill na. *sips his 5th Viju drink today*

Better quit your membership from "The Deceivers Club".
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by sappiebree(f): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
I wonder wat they add to dat soft drink. I drink it alot. Am kinda addicted. God pls. Rip
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by afrikanns: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2013

the only something that I can recommend for now is for u to start drinking ur URINE;healthwise is ok. good luck boss
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nautical000(m): 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
[b][/b] dis is terrible ooooooo
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 15, 2013
Burger01: OMG!!! 2.2 gallon a day!
That is 8.3 liters. Nobody can't consume that amount of Coca Cola in a day. That amount is bogus!
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Bastituta(m): 9:00am On Feb 15, 2013
May God save us from evil eyes. Sugar kills faster than electricity.
Re: Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola by Ona2013: 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
kiss Rest in peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncircumcised Joysticks Carry Bacteria & Germs – Doctor Warns On MouthGig / 5 Igbo Nigerian Men Die In New Delhi, India Within A Week / Best Sleeping Position During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.