Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River (17925 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Valentine's Day Tragedy As Corps Member Drowns In Akwa Ibom -exclusive Pic / Female Corper Drowns As Boat Capsizes In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 14, 2013
Faith Nzube Enemuo Batch “C” member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has been reported to have drowned in a river in Ikom Local Council where she is currently serving.

She is a graduate of Social Studies from the University of Abuja. She came along with herco-corpers to play handball at the bank of the river. But, a few minutes into the game, she went missing.

There were about 10 of them, who came to play handball on the dry land near the Ikom River. One of them suggested that they should move closer to the river, but the suggestion was opposed by other Corps members. The ball fell into the river, an eyewitness said, and the late Faith offered to fetch the ball, which was moving faster away from the shoreline.

The late Faith stood close to the river for a few seconds, after which she dived to bring the ball out. Her colleagues watched in excitement as she swam close to the ball. But, in a moment, she stopped and started waving her hands. They thought she was still playing, until they didn’t see her again on the water surface.

When her colleagues realized what was happening, they signaled to the villagers, who were swimming in the river. After 10 minutes of frantic search, the rescuers could not find the girl. More villagers offered to help with canoes and fishing instruments, but they could not get her. Two days later, the late Faith’s body was found on the OkuniBeach in the neighbouring village.

http://www.gistplanet.com/2013/02/see-how-female-youth-corper-died-trying.html?m=1
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by vislabraye(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2013
Stranger than fiction!
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by ezedolar: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2013
God have mercy
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by rafkas(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Dis is serious o, may soul rest in peace
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by mascot87(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2013
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Moral lesson :Thy shall not be too forward
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by rafkas(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Dis is serious o, may her soul rest in peace
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by ebamma(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2013
Swim at your own risk the mammy water told her and she did,may her gentle soul rest in peace,

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by dady12: 9:37am On Feb 14, 2013
see how people take thier life for granted,if see cannot swim,why must she jump inside to fetch a ball?well,it has come and gone,may her soul rest in peace
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Next2Bezee(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2013
R.I.P embarassed
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by ELgordo(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2013
Let's all pray for this child
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by DJDOLA(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2013
crying embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by pholusac: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2013
what a pitiful wench
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by IKdImpeccable(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2013
Na wa ooo, R I P
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by MadCow1: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2013
Moral lesson: Don't play handball near a fast flowing river..
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by playahP(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2013
1000 ways to die on sonymax!!

This has to be way 667.. Come on!! That was poor judgement on her part but anyway, RIP to her!

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by slap1(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2013
I think the river took her

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Desdola(m): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2013
What a pity. After years in school, she lost her life in a playing ball. I feel for her family @ this period. Eternal rest grant to her soul and let ur perpetual light shine upon her o Lord!
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by eejo(m): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2013
unlucky the ocean spirits at work
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by hoodboy(m): 9:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Witnessed that kind of incident at the beach once, dude went in to get the ball him and his mates were playing and never made it back
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Tolexander: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2013
May her soul rest in peace!
Perhaps she knows nothing about the river if deep or not.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by crackhaus: 9:48am On Feb 14, 2013
Mami water and Papi water have collected, too bad...
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Cheks01(f): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Asis(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2013
Oh so sad..RIP
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Skipfr(m): 9:51am On Feb 14, 2013
Pathetic. RIP. Na NYSC cos am. If nr b dem u 4 nr knw weda such vilage dy exist talkless to enta river.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Jambsupport(f): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2013
Wot a pity
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by DeCleff(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2013
@Op
It has happened in Cross River and the copper is from Anambra state.

But why would they play hand ball in a River?

Gej is right when he said that the atitude of Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by pyyxxaro: 10:00am On Feb 14, 2013
Her colleagues watched in excitement as she swam close to the ball. But, in a moment, she stopped and started waving her hands cry embarassed. They thought she was still playing, until they didn’t see her again on the water surface.....

SO SAD !! R.I.P
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by tellwisdom: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2013
She's an HERO, she died serving her country..sad
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Artistree: 10:02am On Feb 14, 2013
dady12: see how people take thier life for granted,if see cannot swim,why must she jump inside to fetch a ball?well,it has come and gone,may her soul rest in peace
D fastest way 2kill me is to push me in a pool of water cos I dunno jack abt swimmin. Wd I nw c evn a drowning fellow & jumpin 2save him/her? Dat's suicide na. Wat is ball wen compared 2human life? Y cdn't she let it go, den d game ends & dey all go home? Am hurt & d way pple lose their lives...like fowl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / Samples Of NYSC Fitness Certificate / In Need Of Corpers That Are Yet To Get PPA In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.