Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,115 members, 7,838,822 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River (17930 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Valentine's Day Tragedy As Corps Member Drowns In Akwa Ibom -exclusive Pic / Female Corper Drowns As Boat Capsizes In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by cyril83(m): 10:04am On Feb 14, 2013
Na *i too know* kill her...they could easily asked the villagers to fetch the ball for them.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by 80million1: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2013
*speechless*
na wa o.
So so death full everywhere...
*woman drink coke die.
*Corper drown, die.
*and Guys go stil die on top tot.o knackin tday.
God, please kip me o, preserve my soul and dose of my loved ones.
Amen
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by cyril83(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2013
DeCleff: @Op
It has happened in Cross River and the copper is from Anambra state.

But why would they play hand ball in a River?

Gej is right when he said that the atitude of Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
see your life...comprehension problem is a disease, Op said bank of the river not in a river
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Burger01(m): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2013
RIP... the rate of R.I.Ps is getting too high on a daily basis in Nigeria. What are we not getting right? sad
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Chidex2442(m): 10:18am On Feb 14, 2013
I was in d beach dat sunday that d event took place! There. It was water society in ikom call (okpenon) that took dat girl may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Classicalman(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2013
May the soul of that child rest in perfect peace. Poor soul.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by FOLLEY20(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2013
In fact, this is pathetic. This will serve as a warning 4 all d corp members. Pls remember ur name while in a strange land.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 14, 2013
Chidex2442: I was in d beach dat sunday that d event took place! There. It was water society in ikom call (okpenon) that took dat girl may her soul rest in peace.

Water society(okpenon)! Na wa o! I sure say u no go ever near dat river again! Her soul R.I.P!
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2013
This is saddening... May her soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by pyyxxaro: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2013
tellwisdom: She's an HERO, she died serving her country..sad

she's really AN hero grin tongue
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by OluEmmaAss: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2013
Pathetic!
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by park007: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2013
RIP! D same thing happened to someone I knew years back at abraka beach(swamp). Some natural waters do take strangers.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by tommykiwi(m): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2013
tellwisdom: She's an HERO, she died serving her country..sad
if you don't have any better thing to say is better you keep quiet....
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by tommykiwi(m): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2013
STRANGE AND SAD....R.I.P
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by tellwisdom: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2013
tommykiwi: if you don't have any better thing to say is better you keep quiet....

You want to volunteer too?? sad
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Mecdiamond: 11:01am On Feb 14, 2013
D destiny of every one is in hs or her hand. RIP corper FAITH
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Emmyk(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2013
RIP to her
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: Faith Nzube Enemuo Batch “C” member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has been reported to have drowned in a river in Ikom Local Council where she is currently serving.

She is a graduate of Social Studies from the University of Abuja. She came along with herco-corpers to play handball at the bank of the river. But, a few minutes into the game, she went missing.

There were about 10 of them, who came to play handball on the dry land near the Ikom River. One of them suggested that they should move closer to the river, but the suggestion was opposed by other Corps members. The ball fell into the river, an eyewitness said, and the late Faith offered to fetch the ball, which was moving faster away from the shoreline.

The late Faith stood close to the river for a few seconds, after which she dived to bring the ball out. Her colleagues watched in excitement as she swam close to the ball. But, in a moment, she stopped and started waving her hands. They thought she was still playing, until they didn’t see her again on the water surface.

When her colleagues realized what was happening, they signaled to the villagers, who were swimming in the river. After 10 minutes of frantic search, the rescuers could not find the girl. More villagers offered to help with canoes and fishing instruments, but they could not get her. Two days later, the late Faith’s body was found on the OkuniBeach in the neighbouring village.

http://www.gistplanet.com/2013/02/see-how-female-youth-corper-died-trying.html?m=1

this is very unfortunate, if the girl didnt know how to swim she wont offer to, but she didnt know that the river was flowing and at d same time deep.
my suprise goes to the fellow corpers that were there '' SOME PEOPLE JUST GO TO SCHOOL TO GET CERTIFICATE WITHOUT HAVING THE REASONING AND SIMPLE KNOWLEDGEABLE ATTRIBUTE OF A GRADUTE"
how can a graduate see some one waving her hand in a river and thought she is playing, what a sympathetic occurence, i am not trying to support d girl but the fellow corpers are just "bunches of university pass out"and nopt a graduate.

similar event occured during our departmental picnic while in school
i hate waterbodies cos i dint know how to swim, even if you call me to come close ,that you can, i will never
it happened at uguta lake, people where much swimming all of a sudden they saw someone waving his hand in the lake immediatey people started beckoning on the villagers that where on canoe luckily for us, there was my dept mate that was a diver (nobody knows untill that moment)immediately he flied into the water, we were even trying to stop him but he refused cos he knows he can.
he saved him little did we know thatthey where three in the river, the one he saved was pointing his hand in the river without wasting time he dived back, and saved the second person but he was already drunk with water very unconsious, nobody knew that there was a third person in the river. that was how we lost him

my people waterbodies are very dangerous, wether lake, sea, river etc except spring, if you dont know never assume you can and never go near.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by chocopearl(f): 11:14am On Feb 14, 2013
RIP to d dead girl & may God give those she left behind d strength to bear her loss.....
Lesson: Nigerian youths shud always tink b4 making decisions, it sure helps
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by nbright: 11:15am On Feb 14, 2013
ezedolar: God have mercy
I remember when I almost drown (woji estate river)... It was a horrible experience.. May her soul rest in peace. But why do they bury anybody that drowned near the river?
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by xynerise: 11:15am On Feb 14, 2013
I promised myself that I will never swim in another village's river
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by aAK1(m): 11:15am On Feb 14, 2013
I laugh at some peoples ignorance.I wish u understand how this thins happen.I don't want to believe she died because she could not swim.she was soo drown down.if after getting close she just started waiving.moral of this story,never swim in strange waters
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2013
Old story...happened about 3 weeks ago.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by valicious1(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2013
Mad Cow: Moral lesson: Don't play handball near a fast flowing river..
Would u say d same if it were ur sister? U 're just a madcow.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2013
.....Nzube was a lovely and a very hardworking girl..Her mum was very fond of her,the two were like twins,It was very painful to us when we received the news..she was buried about 2 weeks ago in Nanka town,Orumba north LGA,Anambra state.

Our family is still mourning this young lady,the mum especially is still in shock,maternal granny hasnt been informed cos she,ll react badly to it.

Its even sadder reading some comments here on nairaland about someone they do not know.

Thank you all to those of you who offered kind words.

To those making mockery and turning this into some kind of comic relief,i hope you know that death can come in any form at any time.

Also the family will want to appreciate the bravery and efforts of the rescue/diving team who helped in the recovery of her remains.To all the Afikpo divers who were mentioned during her interment,we say a big thank you.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by soloheater(m): 11:36am On Feb 14, 2013
pyyxxaro: Her colleagues watched in excitement as she swam close to the ball. But, in a moment, she stopped and started waving her hands cry embarassed. They thought she was still playing, until they didn’t see her again on the water surface.....

SO SAD !! R.I.P

And they didn't know how a drowning being waves? just tired of reading
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by kalunomics(m): 11:44am On Feb 14, 2013
Nigerians can be very sensitive! RIP Faith!! And may God give the bereaved the courage and strength to bear the loss. Other Comments/suggestions reserved.
Re: Corper Drowns Fetching Ball From A River by malabite3: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2013
eejo: unlucky the ocean spirits at work
We tend τ̅☺ spiritualise everything that happen τ̅☺ us.this Iڪ a case of common sense. If you don't know Ђδω τ̅☺ swim,pls don't get any closer τ̅☺ a river.may her soul rest ΐϞ peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / Samples Of NYSC Fitness Certificate / Stop Forging NYSC Medical Results Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.