Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (24649 Views)

Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens / Nigeria Now 30th In FIFA World Rankings. / Nigeria Moves 22 Places In Latest Fifa Ranking Now 30th in the World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think european countries are favoured in this ranking by default. Tell me what Bosnia has done in their footballing existence that Nigeria has not done yet they're ahead of us.

This totally confuses me, I must confess.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by BlueMurder(m): 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
Desdola: After flogging Mali 4 - 1 in the nations cup, they are still ranked ahead of us. I fail to believe this crap.

Consistency is it. They have been very consistent in their performances over the past 4, 5 years. Remember they won bronze at the 2012 AFCON, a feat they repeated last week. We didn't even qualify for AFCON 2012. If we can maintain consistent good performances going forward, our ranking can only get better.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Royal2011: 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pls note that our ranking will only surge after consideration of the AFCON matches.What helped us were some of the friendliest we played before AFCON.By next month we should climb to about 15th position in the world.The nations cup just ended so the matches were not put into consideration.This ranking was for the month of February.So lets wait till match before we complain ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ivory Coast jumped 2 points

Ghana jumped 7 points

Mali stayed Equal

Nigeria jumped 22 points

http://touch.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

I noticed that, of all the countries on that top 50 list, Nigeria actually made the highest jump!
That victory really did play a huge role, so I think this list is certainly legit.

Let's not forget Ivory Coast did win a few matches befoe crashing out; so did Ghana and Mali, so I think that essentially explains the points they gained.

If we maintain this form, as well as manage to win the Confederation Cup (it's not impossible), we're assured of a top 10 position by November. I promise you this.

4 Likes

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by BlueMurder(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Royal2011: Pls note that our ranking will only surge after consideration of the AFCON matches.What helped us were some of the friendliest we played before AFCON.By next month we should climb to about 15th position in the world.The nations cup just ended so the matches were not put into consideration

You are wrong. If you observe closely, you'll see that it was our performances in the Nations Cup that enabled us to surge a massive 22 places to our present 30th position. Ditto for Burkina Faso.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by HonLord: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Until we learn to always do the right things, we will remain at the botom bellow our lower ties.

How can a country like Nigeria with over 150million citizens not be able to produce 7 different qualified teams to with-stand and represent Nigeria in a tournament? What a shame caused by corruption and zoning of everything including interlect which God has given to some persons to manage others!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Royal2011: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
BlueMurder:

You are wrong. If you observe closely, you'll see that it was our performances in the Nations Cup that enabled us to surge a massive 22 places to our present 30th position. Ditto for Burkina Faso.

Bluemurder I am not wrong.FIFA's ranking are done month by month and matches previously played before the month the ranking comes put are all put into consideration.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Mehn, I think NFF should grow some cojones and set us up on friendlies with 'the big guys' like Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Portugal etc.

Phuck it. It's not like they're untouchable. They're not gods. They can still lose matches!
I really have a lot of faith in our boys now.

With confidence, we won't lose. Kpata kpata na draw!

3 Likes

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hon. Lord:
[color=#990000][/color]Until we learn to always do the right things, we will remain at the botom bellow our lower ties.

How can a country like Nigeria with over 150million citizens not be able to produce 7 different qualified teams to with-stand and represent Nigeria in a tournament? What a shame caused by corruption and zoning of everything including interlect which God has given to some persons to manage others!!!!!!!!

Bros, if we're to go by your logic, then China and India should be dominating football by now.
But that isn't exactly the case now, is it?

4 Likes

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by tcalc: 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné: Mehn, I think NFF should grow some cojones and set us up on friendlies with 'the big guys' like Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Portugal etc.

Phuck it. It's not like they're untouchable. They're not gods. They can still lose matches!

enemy of progress
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Sike(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
We're Slowly but Surely Getting there. Just a matter of time.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Okworigeorge(m): 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné: Mehn, I think NFF should grow some cojones and set us up on friendlies with 'the big guys' like Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Portugal etc.

......NOOOO...U JEZ WANT US 2 GO TAKE 1ST 4RM BEHIND, abeg e beta as we d play catalunya, argentina b team, china n dem korea o
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by basty: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Rubbish ranking.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Havilah93:
18 Brazil

WHAT?? shocked O_O
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
Super Eagles, King Of Soccer In Africa.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by CLT123(m): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
Royal2011:

Bluemurder I am not wrong.FIFA's ranking are done month by month and matches previously played before the month the ranking comes put are all put into consideration.
Nigeria was 52nd place before the tournament. How far did you expect us to move up?
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
tcalc: enemy of progress

Did you even properly read my post, knucklehead?
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Okworigeorge: ......NOOOO...U JEZ WANT US 2 GO TAKE 1ST 4RM BEHIND, abeg e beta as we d play catalunya, argentina b team, china n dem korea o

Psssh! grin Na so una been dey tremble before we humiliated Ivory Coast.

O ye of little faith.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by CLT123(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by skales(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dis fifa people are bias....
What's ecuador, greece and colombia doing in the first 20 football nation?

angry

1 Like

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by taharqa: 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
What u guys who are asking why certain nations are still ahead of us shld be looking at is the fact that we moved up 22 places, from 52nd to 30th in one month!! If we were to continue at similar rates, we wud both meet and surpass some of these nations soonest; BUT to do that, we need to play many more matches (friendlies, et al) and win as many of them as possible..
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by tcalc: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné:

Did you even properly read my post, knucklehead?
after winning an AFCON, the next is brag to withstand the worlds best teams to claim an enviable position in the fifa rankings.smh. if i admit to be a knucklehead, then u'll be knucklehead raised to the power of 6
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by modextus(m): 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
Havilah93: 1 Spain
2 Germany
3 Argentina
4 England
5 Italy
6 Colombia
7 Portugal
8 Netherlands
9 Croatia
10 Russia
11 Greece
12 Côte d'Ivoire
12 Ecuador
14 Switzerland
15 Mexico
16 Uruguay
17 France
18 Brazil
19 Ghana
20 Belgium
21 Sweden
22 Denmark
23 Chile
24 Bosnia- Herzegovina
25 Mali
26 Czech
Republic
27 Norway
28 Japan
29 Montenegro
30 Nigeria
31 Romania
32 USA
33 Hungary
34 Algeria
35 Paraguay
36 Serbia
37 Australia
38 Korea
Republic
39 Peru
39 Republic
of Ireland
41 Turkey
42 Panama
42 Tunisia
43 Bolivia
45 Venezuela
46 Ukraine
47 Zambia
48 Bulgaria
49 Slovakia
50 Haiti
what is Côte d'Ivoire doing ahead of france,brazil,mexico and nigeria?this rankings na tootal crap!
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Demoladoc: 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
IGNORANCE!!!

The ranking is based on points and the points are based on the matches you played and whom you have played over a certain period.

Mali, ghana, CIV have won many games over time hence they still ahead of us.

In d last AFCON, CIV played 4games , won 3 and lost 1. That's y they have climbed up to 12th. Ghana and Mali also won a couple of games in the AFCON.

We need to keep playing and winning competitive games then we will climb up.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by MEILYN(m): 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
did anybody watch d 2010 world cup?just like google ranking but in a different way
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Demoladoc: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Most european and south american countries have only played one game this year that why most of the movements upward are by african countries because we played about 3 to 6 games in the AFCON.

CIV is higher than France and brazil because both played only one game in this year which they lost mean while CIV played 4games against good sides and won 2 of them, drew 1 hence they gained more points than these other countries.

The more games you play and win, the more points you get and the higher you go on the table.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Ejine(m): 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
tcalc: after winning an AFCON, the next is brag to withstand the worlds best teams to claim an enviable position in the fifa rankings.smh. if i admit to be a knucklehead, then u'll be knucklehead raised to the power of 6

You're a total dunce, and this second post of yours just erased whatever doubts I had initially.
Hosting friendlies with bigger teams would help develop the much-needed confidence in the build-up to next year's World Cup and not just for FIFA rankings, you dumbass. Read my post again if you have difficulties comprehending, or call family members to also help do it for you.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by iykak47: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hon. Lord:

Bros, Population doesn't matter a lot, China with a population of over 1.3 billion has only been to world cup once despite that their soccer league is better than Nigerian league, India is more than a billion popolution but world cup qualification still look like a dream.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by nbright: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
Havilah93:
18 Brazil
Jesu Cristi!.... Brazil dey 18th in the world?... Na wa o.
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think european countries are favoured in this ranking by default. Tell me what Bosnia has done in their footballing existence that Nigeria has not done yet they're ahead of us.

hahahhaha
Re: Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings by Jarus(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Afam4eva: What's England looking for in the top 10 and they're even ahead of Portugal.

You think it's only one win or loss that earns you your ranking?

No, Mali qualified for and came 3rd in AFCON 2012 (just last year) and Nigeria did not qualify.

The point is still reading for them, even though recent performance carry more weight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho's 23rd Birthday: Ndidi, Shehu, Simon, Awoniyi Celebrate Him / Ellen DeGeneres Donates $100,000 To Emeka Nnaka, Paralysed Footballer (photo) / Kelechi Nawakali's Official Statement About Termination Of Contract By SD Huesca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.