Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? (1651 Views)

Discussion Thread For Atheist, Agnostics And The Irreligious To Discuss / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 2:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
This is a queston especially for those of us that live in the west. It is inevitable. Atheism and irreligion is growin. Christian/muslim hypocrites are killing the religions themselves. God is not needed in science classes. Creationism has been thrown out of schools.

How do you feel knowing that your children will be irreligious or at least, if religious will grow up in a non-religious society? There is no denying this fact in the west and advanced countries that religion will be at the margins in 10-30 years time in the west if the growth of irreligion from the 90's continues at the same rate.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
I think about this everytime......and it saddened me the rate @ which unGodliness were being promoted by Western Countries and also economically threatening developing Nations to abide.........

As it saddens me.......am not surprised cuz it has already been prophesized,it's all signs of the END-TIME........

Advising Abrahamaic Religion peeps to find a common ground and stop dis superiority fight is a waste of time........none would sacrifice his/her doctrine until convinced or otherwise and some could never been convinced(they shall stick to their guns even when they know the TRUTH)............It is gonna be individual religion fight against the irrelegious peeps!!!

We shd first convince ourselves before convincing our children cuz one day,one day......these Children we ask questions about GOD.......(it may be same questions as the atheist) Our Argument for God must be beyond reasonable doubt,Logical and superior to those of Atheist/Irrelegious peeps!!!

And we continue to PRAY to the MOST HIGH for us and our generations to be among those that shall be SAVED!!!
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: I think about this everytime......and it saddened me the rate @ which unGodliness were being promoted by Western Countries and also economically threatening developing Nations to abide.........

As it saddens me.......am not surprised cuz it has already been prophesized,it's all signs of the END-TIME........

We shd first convince ourselves before convincing our children cuz one day,one day......these Children we ask questions about GOD....... Our Argument for God must be beyond reasonable doubt,Logical and superior to those of Atheist/Irrelegious peeps!!!

And we continue to PRAY to the MOST HIGH for us and our generations to be among those that shall be SAVED!!!

smiley I dont believe in God grin

Anyways, people have been claiming the end times since the 60's. You better keep to your comment because I like the part where you said that your argument for God has to be better than the atheists arguments against. smiley
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Anyways, people have been claiming the end times since the 60's. You better keep to your comment because I like the part where you said that your argument for God has to be better than the atheists arguments against. smiley
wao.....my Bad......I never sensed u don't Belief in God from ur Original post...mayb I woulda take another dimension!!

Anyway,whomsoever wants his generations to be religious really has a great deal of work to be done.........Sincerely,the world has already changed!!!
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: wao.....my Bad......I never sensed u don't Belief in God from ur Original post...mayb I woulda take another dimension!!

Anyway,whomsoever wants his generations to be religious really has a great deal of work to be done.........Sincerely,the world has already changed!!!

True talk bro smiley
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by ooman(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
I WISH NOTHING MORE THAN FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO BE ATHEISTS. I HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD FOR THIS PURPOSE AND I HAVE RECORDED TREMENDOUS SUCCESS. I WORK WITH ATHEIST ORGANIZATION ALL AROUND EUROPE AND AMERICA TO PROMOTE ATHEISM AND EVOLUTION IN AFRICA.

MY "PRAYER" IS THAT ALL FUTURE GENERATIONS ARE ATHEISTS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THE HUMAN SPECIES CAN SURVIVE
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by scarred: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
I have no issue with that, to be very honest, I would hope and pray that I do a good enough Job that my Children and Grandchildren are Irreligious. In my opinion Religion has overseen and is responsible for some of the worst atrocities that mankind as ever faced. There is nothing more potent or powerful than a mob galvanized by religious zeal, for in its name we have seen the Inquisition, Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing. We have seen wars fought over doctrine, children raped and killed because of differences in Religious doctrine.

As a system of control, Religion is a powerful tool, making disparate groups forget legitimate concerns in exchange of some dim hope of paradise, forging zeal in the least within our society and equipping them with the fervor to commit atrocities. Religion is a terrible thing, it blinds you to your own faults, whilst accentuating the faults of others. Allowing you to state boldly, I am better than you. I will bring up my children without religion, because I do not want their minds paralysed by the dogma and doctrine of corruptible, contemptible men.

I am not a religious person, because I truly believe that Religion is a construct of man, but I also believe that everyone should work out their own salvation with fear and trembling, what you believe is deeply personal. You are trying to get to the point where HIS spirit agrees with your spirit and says that you are his child. You are striving to get to the point that you know that nothing can seperate you from HIS love. And this journey, has nothing to do with man or religion, this has to do with you and what you believe...

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
scarred: I have no issue with that, to be very honest, I would hope and pray that I do a good enough Job that my Children and Grandchildren are Irreligious. In my opinion Religion has overseen and is responsible for some of the worst atrocities that mankind as ever faced. There is nothing more potent or powerful than a mob galvanized by religious zeal, for in its name we have seen the Inquisition, Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing. We have seen wars fought over doctrine, children raped and killed because of differences in Religious doctrine.

As a system of control, Religion is a powerful tool, making disparate groups forget legitimate concerns in exchange of some dim hope of paradise, forging zeal in the least within our society and equipping them with the fervor to commit atrocities. Religion is a terrible thing, it blinds you to your own faults, whilst accentuating the faults of others. Allowing you to state boldly, I am better than you. I will bring up my children without religion, because I do not want their minds paralysed by the dogma and doctrine of corruptible, contemptible men.

I am not a religious person, because I truly believe that Religion is a construct of man, but I also believe that everyone should work out their own salvation with fear and trembling, what you believe is deeply personal. You are trying to get to the point where HIS spirit agrees with your spirit and says that you are his child. You are striving to get to the point that you know that nothing can seperate you from HIS love. And this journey, has nothing to do with man or religion, this has to do with you and what you believe...

you spoilt a good post with the bulshyt in the last paragraph
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by scarred: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

you spoilt a good post with the bulshyt in the last paragraph

We can agree to disagree on that...shall we?
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
scarred:

We can agree to disagree on that...shall we?

no probs
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by scarred: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

no probs

Good Man.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by mumumugu(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: I think about this everytime......and it saddened me the rate @ which unGodliness were being promoted by Western Countries and also economically threatening developing Nations to abide.........

Advising Abrahamaic Religion peeps to find a common ground and stop dis superiority fight is a waste of time........none would sacrifice his/her doctrine until convinced or otherwise and some could never been convinced(they shall stick to their guns even when they know the TRUTH)............It is gonna be individual religion fight against the irrelegious peeps!!!

We shd first convince ourselves before convincing our children cuz one day,one day......these Children we ask questions about GOD.......(it may be same questions as the atheist) Our Argument for God must be beyond reasonable doubt,Logical and superior to those of Atheist/Irrelegious peeps!!!

everything is end time abi
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by mumumugu(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2013

everything is end time abi
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by mumumugu(m): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
It is their decision. I do my part , leave the rest.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
mumumugu: It is their decision. I do my part , leave the rest.

Good
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
mumumugu: everything is end time abi
yeah, everything is End-time o........

u will understand if u BELIEF......if not,u won't!!!
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
No need to be bothered it was a scam anyways, okonkwo would be rolling and laughing in his grave.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chrisbenogor: No need to be bothered it was a scam anyways, okonkwo would be rolling and laughing in his grave.

What is a scam?
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
R.I.P. religion

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

What is a scam?
Errrrrrr religion........
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Errrrrrr religion........

I just wanted to make sure, wasnt sure whether you were talking about religion or the end time prophecies or something else.

no probs smiley
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Image123(m): 12:21am On Feb 15, 2013
There is nothing new under the sun. Sorry to spoil your joy but the world has always been irreligious and godless since Bible times. The righteous would hold on his way. Those who are training their children in the way they should go, giving them the best legacy of spiritual education instead of leaving them to media and outsiders, would reap the fruits in joy.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by MacDaddy01: 12:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123: There is nothing new under the sun. Sorry to spoil your joy but the world has always been irreligious and godless since Bible times. The righteous would hold on his way. Those who are training their children in the way they should go, giving them the best legacy of spiritual education instead of leaving them to media and outsiders, would reap the fruits in joy.

Spiritual education? Why not witchcraft and wizardry? Mtcheww.

I am happy that your grandchildren will not be under the same mental slavery that you are
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 11, 2013
expected more from Frosbel and co who have children
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:24am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03: expected more from Frosbel and co who have children
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:38am On May 14, 2013
Makes me happy actually.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:39am On May 14, 2013
ifeness: R.I.P. religion

*pours out a little liquor for the gone and preferably forgotten homie* grin
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:40am On May 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Anyways, people have been claiming the end times since the 60's.

^^ so true! and it's coons like them who helped kill any faith or belief in religion for the next generations that have and are to come.
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:40am On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:

*pours out a little liquor for the gone and preferably forgotten homie* grin

grin grin grin grin

Lmao....dont waste that champagne sis....pass it!

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:41am On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:

^^ so true! and it's coons like them who helped kill any faith or belief in religion for the next generations that have and are to come.
*Kails*:
Makes me happy actually.

Good good......

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:43am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin

Lmao....dont waste that champagne sis....pass it!

lol champagne?! hell no!
more like a 40 oz! tongue grin
Re: How Does It Feel Knowing That Your Children/grandchildren Will Be Irreligious? by Nobody: 5:45am On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:

lol champagne?! hell no!
more like a 40 oz! tongue grin

Ciroc, Vodka?

Hmmm.....sounds like you know your liquor......do you go clunning frequently and shake that booty? Lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: First (1st) Sunday Of Lent Year C (february 17 2013) / SHOCKING: Gospel Singer Tope Alabi In Sex Scandal With Her Pastor / Do Atheists Believe In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.