Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? (14845 Views)

How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? / What If U Were Tested Hiv Positive? / My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
Copied.

Hello Doctors in the house.

My wife is preg and a compulsory HIV test was conducted for all preg women. she was tested positive. This made me ask that we do a re-test in a gov hospital and we did. This time again she was tested positive while i was tested negative. how posible is this ?
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Saw this on a forum and want to know how possible is it
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by Lobolintin(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
I guess u nid to be detain,i gues ur immune system resisted d virus,or they are maturin..plz go take anti..rectoveral
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Lobolintin: I guess u nid to be detain,i gues ur immune system resisted d virus,or they are maturin..plz go take anti..rectoveral

Only answers from doctors and matured minds pls. 4 ur info, its not me. just want to know the posibilities.
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 7:54am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by MCLOVIN: 1:42am On Feb 16, 2013
I'm going to start a forum for women who have or are still experiencing the effects this unfortunate phenomenon.

Did your wife say she is 100 percent faithful to you ? If she has you should be inclined to believe her.

A woman whose husband disowned her last year after a positive antenatal hiv test in a Lagos clinic, tested negative at UCH, several months after giving birth to a son.

The baby is also negative, despite the mum's refusal to use drugs that block vertical transmission of hiv and now the husband and in-laws are on bended knees, begging her to resume the marriage.

I won't go into details, but hiv test idenifies only anti-bodies and not actual virus. The test is also no respecter of anti-bodies. Any antibody goes, depending on the quality of the test kit used.

Your case is by no means unique. I have records of quite a few of these situations.

Allow your wife to give birth, get the baby tested.
Let your wife retest after a period of time.

Best of luck.
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
MCLOVIN: I'm going to start a forum for women who have or are still experiencing the effects this unfortunate phenomenon.

Did your wife say she is 100 percent faithful to you ? If she has you should be inclined to believe her.

A woman whose husband disowned her last year after a positive antenatal hiv test in a Lagos clinic, tested negative at UCH, several months after giving birth to a son.

The baby is also negative, despite the mum's refusal to use drugs that block vertical transmission of hiv and now the husband and in-laws are on bended knees, begging her to resume the marriage.

I won't go into details, but hiv test idenifies only anti-bodies and not actual virus. The test is also no respecter of anti-bodies. Any antibody goes, depending on the quality of the test kit used.

Your case is by no means unique. I have records of quite a few of these situations.

Allow your wife to give birth, get the baby tested.
Let your wife retest after a period of time.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the knowledge sharing. So are u saying that the test kit is the one giving false result ? or there are other virus that disguise thenselves as HIV ? Pls expanciate
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by MCLOVIN: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
You need to look at the bigger picture. The test focuses on antibodies not just a virus.
Any foreign organism in the human body will stimulate the production of antibodies.

Therefore;

-Bacteria eg TB will lead to antibody production

-Systemic fungal infection, candida or aspergillus will lead to antibody production.

-Protozoal infection eg malaria will lead to production of antibodies.

-HUMAN FOETUS this consists of genetic material from both mother and father. The woman's body can raise antibodies against the foreign DNA of her husband. The hiv test kit picks up this antibody and interprets it as positive for hiv. You see ?

The husband isn't carrying any foreign DNA and so remains negative.

SHOOLAH:

Thanks for the knowledge sharing. So are u saying that the test kit is the one giving false result ? or there are other virus that disguise thenselves as HIV ? Pls expanciate
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by k4kenny(f): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
@ mclovin, the antibody test was designed specifically for the virus not just any antigen in the body, so the presence of bacteria or any other foreign body won't give a positive HIV test.

@ OP, its very possible for your wife to test positive for HIV while you don't , you just have to consider the following possibilities outside of infidelity

1. Has she received any blood transfusion lately?

2. Does she share sharp objects, most ladies mk this mistake in the salons, where they use one needle while fixing weave-ons, she might have been cut with a knife used previously by a HIV positive person

It could b a number of things, please advice her to go register at the nearest govt- assisted centres, where they'll put her through processes of preventing mother-child transmission. Wishing you d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by garywoodard: 12:45am On Feb 17, 2013
k4kenny: @ mclovin, the antibody test was designed specifically for the virus not just any antigen in the body, so the presence of bacteria or any other foreign body won't give a positive HIV test.

@ OP, its very possible for your wife to test positive for HIV while you don't , you just have to consider the following possibilities outside of infidelity

2. Does she share sharp objects, most ladies mk this mistake in the salons, where they use one needle while fixing weave-ons, she might have been cut with a knife used previously by a HIV positive person

It could b a number of things, please advice her to go register at the nearest govt- assisted centres, where they'll put her through processes of preventing mother-child transmission. Wishing you d best

Quite interesting. However the test is far from fool-proof as you would have us believe.
Good attempt though.

The first part of this explains that the test is not actually excellent for picking out hiv antibody only.

www.virusmyth.com/aids/hiv/gnlie.htm

Let's pray someone comes up with a cure. I think the Aussies are close to beating us Brits to finding a cure. *Fingers crossed*
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by k4kenny(f): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Interesting article, need I remind you that it was published 19years ago. Medical scientific research is an on-going process, therefore the authenticity of an article published almost 2 decades ago should be questioned.

From my understanding of antigen-antibody reactions, when an antigen (foreign body) is introduced into the system, the body swiftly releases antibodies that complements that antigen only, such antibodies would never react with other antigen. Hence the presence of other disease causing microorganisms can't yield a positive HIV result.

Your article stated that an antigen present in the HIV can also be found in some diseases like lymphoma, warts and multiple sclerosis, this possibility cannot be ruled out as certain diseases have been shown to have similar antigens. However let M̶̲̅ε̲̣ stress once more that this article was published 2decades ago, more elaborate research might have been carried out to isolate the antigen specific to the virus.

I also join you in praying for a permanent solution to the virus, in the mean time using ARVs and adopting a positive lifestyle would help keep it at bay.

2 Likes

Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by Airforce11: 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
@OP, its very possible bt that surprises me. I'm yet 2 get any explanation abt it bc I'm positive n my wife is not. we were having sex b4 I confirmed my status. waiting 4 explanations.
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by SHOOLAH: 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
@k4kenny.

Thanks for the explanation. still confused though !
Re: Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? by omohlexy: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
k4kenny:
@ mclovin, the antibody test was designed specifically for the virus not just any antigen in the body, so the presence of bacteria or any other foreign body won't give a positive HIV test.

so after the sharing of needle and transfusion they didn't have sex? Bros pls come again

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Begins Mass Fumigation Of Public Places Against LASSA Fever (list) / New Research Opens The Door To 'functional Cure' For HIV / Weird; Man Invents Pill To Make Farts Smell Like Chocolate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.