Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Goldie Is Dead! - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Goldie Is Dead! (135783 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / Pictures Of Goldie & Prezzo At Channel O House Party / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 15, 2013
It is also possible that she had a paradoxical embolic stroke....The news coming in says she complained of sudden headache. About 10 - 20% of adults have an atrial septal defect (asymptomatic), so the clot must have gotten to her left heart and caused a stroke. If she had a pulmonary embolism she would have had respiratory distress before dying...but the presentation was headache and then death.

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]That's exactly what I was thinking, especially after a long flight. It's very easy to get blood clots if you're not hydrated or moving around on a plane.[/size]
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:25am On Feb 15, 2013
passionate88: cos u never did like her and u cursed and abused her whenever u had the opportunity to.. Nw u are afraid she'd come 4 u... No fear sha.. Dead men tell's no tales.
Stop mescafoing abeg! Msteeeew!
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by fankasibe: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2013
D.J SOSE (TATOO FACE) JUST CALLED TO TELL HOW TRUE IT WAS.
GOLDIE IS DEAD FOR REAL.
R.I.P
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Abali1(m): 12:26am On Feb 15, 2013
THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME, THAT WE MIGHT MEET AGGAIN, TODAY WE LIVE, TOMORROW WE DIE, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?

Today it is Goldie, who is it going to be tomorrow? Live in peace with all men.

RIP Goldie.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by ritux: 12:27am On Feb 15, 2013
Signs and Symptoms of Blood Clots

The signs and symptoms of blood clots range from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) to pulmonary embolism (PE). The symptoms of clotting depend on the location of the affected blood vessel and whether the vessel is totally or partially blocked by the clot.

Clinical Spectrum of Clotting

Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)

Blood clots may form in the deep blood vessels, most commonly in the legs and groin, and can block normal blood flow returning from the legs to the heart.

Clots in the veins (venous) that form in regions of slow to moderate flow are made of a mixture of red cells, platelets, and fibrin and are known as mixed platelet fibrin thrombi.

Clots in the deep veins of the legs or abdomen that partially block the vein may cause subtle symptoms and sometimes may not cause any symptoms until the normal blood flow is significantly disturbed.

Pulmonary Embolism (PE)

A PE occurs when a piece or all of a deep vein clot breaks off and is carried by the blood stream to the lung, where it blocks the blood vessel.

The size of the clot and the location of the blocked blood flow in the vessel determine the extent and severity of the PE.

Clots in veins that are closer to the body center (called proximal vein clots) are more likely to lead to deadly PE as compared to clots in the calf veins.

The occurrence of deadly PE can be greatly reduced if the DVT is treated with anticoagulant therapy.

Superficial Vein Swelling (Thrombophlebitis)

Superficial swelling of the veins (called thrombophlebitis) is the result of blood clots that form in veins that are closer to the surface of the skin and are associated with inflammation.

Superficial thrombophlebitis is often observed in individuals who are heterozygous or homozygous for the factor V Leiden mutation.

Signs and Symptoms

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Swelling, usually in one leg

Leg pain or tenderness

Reddish or bluish skin discoloration

Leg warm to touch

Some people with a DVT may not have any symptoms (called asymptomatic)

Pulmonary Embolism

The signs and symptoms of PE may be subtle and may include the following complaints, listed in order of frequency:

Sudden shortness of breath

Chest pain-sharp, stabbing; may get worse with deep breath

Rapid heart rate

Unexplained cough, sometimes with bloody mucus

Apprehension, anxiety

Sweats

Feeling faint

Fatigue

Some people with a PE may be asymptomatic
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Are u really this soft ?
I'm really surprised ooo, with the way u behave on here on NL

U have to be strong dear, death is a music every living thing must dance to some day
sobbing and laughing cause her scenes from big brother africa with Prezzo keeps flashing in my brain.. And the abuses i rained on her... And jus the other day i was admiring her pictures at the just concluded grammy... Its official i am repenting...
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by coolted(m): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
GOLDIE. RIP
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by mimifonwon(f): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
may she rest in peace. I blame the horrible medical facilities and incompetent doctors who took care of her, only in Nigeria!!!! how can a healthy human being come back from a trip and just die hours after.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by tunesoft(m): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
So sad...RIP Goldie. Probably threw an embolus. God help us all. Long hours of sitting at d grammy's plus long hours of flight all might have increased the risk. Jeez oga ooo
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by freecocoa(f): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by passionate88: 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Stop mescafoing abeg! Msteeeew!
sshhhhh... Go sleep. Nite dn reach
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 15, 2013
If you are not the original author of this piece, please quote the source. This is plagiarism without giving any source.

ritux: Signs and Symptoms of Blood Clots

The signs and symptoms of blood clots range from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) to pulmonary embolism (PE). The symptoms of clotting depend on the location of the affected blood vessel and whether the vessel is totally or partially blocked by the clot.

Clinical Spectrum of Clotting

Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)

Blood clots may form in the deep blood vessels, most commonly in the legs and groin, and can block normal blood flow returning from the legs to the heart.

Clots in the veins (venous) that form in regions of slow to moderate flow are made of a mixture of red cells, platelets, and fibrin and are known as mixed platelet fibrin thrombi.

Clots in the deep veins of the legs or abdomen that partially block the vein may cause subtle symptoms and sometimes may not cause any symptoms until the normal blood flow is significantly disturbed.

Pulmonary Embolism (PE)

A PE occurs when a piece or all of a deep vein clot breaks off and is carried by the blood stream to the lung, where it blocks the blood vessel.

The size of the clot and the location of the blocked blood flow in the vessel determine the extent and severity of the PE.

Clots in veins that are closer to the body center (called proximal vein clots) are more likely to lead to deadly PE as compared to clots in the calf veins.

The occurrence of deadly PE can be greatly reduced if the DVT is treated with anticoagulant therapy.

Superficial Vein Swelling (Thrombophlebitis)

Superficial swelling of the veins (called thrombophlebitis) is the result of blood clots that form in veins that are closer to the surface of the skin and are associated with inflammation.

Superficial thrombophlebitis is often observed in individuals who are heterozygous or homozygous for the factor V Leiden mutation.

Signs and Symptoms

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Swelling, usually in one leg

Leg pain or tenderness

Reddish or bluish skin discoloration

Leg warm to touch

Some people with a DVT may not have any symptoms (called asymptomatic)

Pulmonary Embolism

The signs and symptoms of PE may be subtle and may include the following complaints, listed in order of frequency:

Sudden shortness of breath

Chest pain-sharp, stabbing; may get worse with deep breath

Rapid heart rate

Unexplained cough, sometimes with bloody mucus

Apprehension, anxiety

Sweats

Feeling faint

Fatigue

Some people with a PE may be asymptomatic
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Shugamania(f): 12:29am On Feb 15, 2013
I dont even know what to say..
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by cyril83(m): 12:29am On Feb 15, 2013
freecocoa: You really think so? I've lost my mom you know? Though she was older than Goldie, why is this one affecting me na? I thought I didn't even care about her whatsoever, what's up with me now?
then stop crying or you keep shut

4 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by 2legit2qwt: 12:29am On Feb 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

E-doctors grin
I swear it's crazy, and some people here just take am like that and believe say that na the cause of her death without any medical report or evidence
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by onatisi(m): 12:29am On Feb 15, 2013
cnwamo: I hope She makes it to heaven.
Death is inevitable and the only reason You guys are all shocked and sympathetic is because she's a celeb
Come to the hospitals and see the amount of people that die in a day and you will be shocked and then you will really ask this question "what's the essence of struggling everyday when you can give up the ghost at anytime"
R.I.P GOLDIE cry cry cry, my condolence to her family but the main question which no one seems to ask is after death what next

REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND
The bible expressly states that after death is judgement, so examine yourself and in the words of Akon "LIVE YOUR LIFE AS IF EVERYDAY IS GONNA BE YOUR LAST"

undecided
guy you are a saddist
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by freecocoa(f): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Minorsegment: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by fankasibe: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
If Nairalanders conclude sey person don die.....then the person must die immediatelly even if e neva die before. R.I.P goldie.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by soloqy: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
freecocoa: I'm really sorry.

I'm sorry Goldie.

Goldie can you pleas answer me?

Can you just stop now....

No way she is going to answer you..

Its beginning to sound like mockery..

5 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by manny4life(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
mimifonwon: may she rest in peace. I blame the horrible medical facilities and incompetent doctors who took care of her, only in Nigeria!!!! how can a healthy human being come back from a trip and just die hours after.

Ekaete, how can you blame the horrible medical facilities when she's already engulfed by the symptoms? If her body could not take it, even doctors here can't do much...
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nuzo1(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
Double standard tears my heart apart.

Just like super eagles, cretins now love Goldie overnight?
Bastards, hypocrites and backstabbers! angry

1 Like

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by tunesoft(m): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2013
mimifonwon: may she rest in peace. I blame the horrible medical facilities and incompetent doctors who took care of her, only in Nigeria!!!! how can a healthy human being come back from a trip and just die hours after.
Haabaa...how can u just conclude the doctors were incompetent!! I hopeu not in niaja sha....so u don't have incompetent docs treating u too.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by simdam500(m): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Bawoooo *cryin* loo se sele Cant seem to tink dat am dreamin... I beta wake up now... Wow, so it real...

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Sweetlemon(f): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2013
freecocoa: No nah please I want to say nice things about you believing that somehow you'll get to read them.

I can't bear knowing that the last things I said about you are mean.
Oh really? So you now know how terrible and hurtful and regretful mean words can be?
Don't worry, just kneel down and ask God for forgiveness and your conscience will be cleared.
RIP Goldie, your death has taught us a big lesson;
This life is just too short. No time to waste doing unprofitable things.

1 Like

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by bena: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2013
I suspect deep vein thrombosis.May ha soul rest in peace.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by greatgod2012(f): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Toks2008:

after bath,just headache and ds nigeria traffic delay,poor girl,prezzo just got her a ring 2b presentd 2day,died in denrele's arms:

just stop this, this just disturb me more and more.
Chai, Olorun, ma je ka ku fota yo.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by deprince0(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2013
Inasmuch as I feel very sad about Goldie's demise, I must not fail to point out that we should always walk in good way our parents brought us up. I learnt that her dad is pastor and she was brought up in d fear of the most high. why and how did she forsake the GOD of her father and followed fame, celebrity, money, lust, immorality etc. I believe that her father taught her about eternity but she took all to be hallucination, old school papa, papa u r 1G while I am 3G etc. Goldie passed away around 8pm on tuesday 14th of February. Now she should be with her creator rendering her stewardship to her creator and Lord. Dis is great lesson for those of us who have the special privilege of having breath and sound mind to appraise their life because we must give account of outselves to our creator and GOD oneday.

3 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by manny4life(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2013
freecocoa: Why are you tormenting me? People are this mean?

Perhaps Goldie felt the same way when or if she saw what I wrote about her.

I'm really sorry Goldie.

Freecocoa, I thought you were a strong woman eh? relax, what has happened has happened. While she lived, you were entitled to your opinion, but after she passed, the best you can do is accord her the respect.

1 Like

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by freecocoa(f): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by cnwamo(m): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2013
I'm not a saddist sir, i'm a realist.

onatisi:

undecided
guy you are a saddist
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by thoniann(m): 12:34am On Feb 15, 2013
Why Readington Hospital? Sounds like a clinic in Leeds,why not Duro Soleye Hospital in Allen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply)

Meet Sholaye Jeremi, Biography, Net Worth, Linda Ikeji’s Baby Daddy, Husband / Married Woman Sleeping With A Youngboy Busted (details) / D'banj Son Is Dead! Daniel D'Third Drowns In Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.