Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Who Or What Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Or What Is God? (1803 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
I am an agnostic and a field biologist.
I lost my faith in xtian God after much study of animal and plant life, but still have not lost my faith altogether because I dont believe in big b.ang theory, I think there is something more to the universe.

many people seem to have different definitions of God, some think its energy, others say energy does not have consciousness (ooman), some think God is the universe, the totality of energy (deepsight), still others think that no god is needed to start everything (logicboy - now macdaddy, ifeness, ooman etc) and others think he or it is a separate great entity worthy of worship(xtians and muslims)

as an agnostic, I have lost it all together, I need something to believe. the question is : should I believe there is no god and become an atheist, or that an intelligence started everything and ran away and become a deist or accept the xtians or muslim god again?
and who really is God?

pls be convincing, I dont want to remain in doubt anymore. I will follow the best opinion presented.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by ooman2: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
god is nothing, there is no separate entity called called god. everything came from energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed.

ur best option is atheism.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good afternoon Poo,

I am struggling to understand your meaning here. You want to go with the best opinion about a subject people know next to nothing about or you just get a 'rush' from seeing people argue?

Anyways, from what I read in your post I see know reason why you lost your faith other than the fact that you followed what seem convenent for you at the time.

Thanks!
Re: Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon Poo,

I am struggling to understand your meaning here. You want to go with the best opinion about a subject people know next to nothing about or you just get a 'rush' from seeing people argue?

Anyways, from what I read in your post I see know reason why you lost your faith other than the fact that you followed what seem convenent for you at the time.

Thanks!

and you have no message to pass accross

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is God? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
poopli:

and you have no message to pass accross

At least your intentions are very easy to discern!
Re: Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

At least your intentions are very easy to discern!

yet you have no message to pass.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by okeyxyz(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
@OP

What is god: God is the universal knowledge\system that governs every matter in the universe.

Who is God: The first person who operates by this knowledge\system is whom christians call "God the father".

As regards people who believe in just energy, Well, energy does not have a will or consciousness, therefore cannot be creative, cannot have purpose. This is why the Big-B.ang alone or evolution does not make sense, as it assumes(no scientific evidence) that consciousness can derive out of just energy. Ultimately, energy cannot be the initiator of any life. On it's own, energy is simply chaos and destruction. Now the fact that there is consciousness and design evident in the universe implies there is an entity outside of this energy which harnesses and incorporates this energy into the purpose of every life-system, thereby making energy useful(purposeful). This entity has to be god.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is God? by Kay17: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
Don't you guys get it?? If a Creator is always necessary, then the creator himself must be created.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is God? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
Energy has no consciousness ? There is a missing link between Biology and Physics. The missing link does not mean in-existing link. Unlike Mathematics and Logic which lacks premise to arouse anything beyond the 3rd dimension, you actually can not understand the legion of energy at the topmost energy level that set all natural laws in motion, you really need to get to the 7th dimension to understand much more about the God factor. At this stage, you are stuck to knowing that God is the totality of all of multiverse's energy, you can call this INFINITY - God is Infinity factor, the legion of energy beings that power all universes. The Avatar is a bureaucratic post.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Joel3(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good day viewers,

i am the great joel., and i can be of help to you if you want, although i choose to be and remain a christain because i was born into it and also for some setting reasons because there is power in the jews and christian God no doubt about it, but after much study and enlightenment it has come to my knowlegde that no body has the true or right part to the real creator, in my view the road is totally blocked, He "God" who created all things and ran away, he is controling the destinies and nature of life.

The true creator is far more than the once people are speculating, He does not want or require a must worship, a God who can create and set the laws of solar system what kind of worship He will required from man? Nothing at all, man is just too low, the only thing man can do is beg Him with prayers,

and note, He doesn't attend to individual directly or answers to prayer, He has already set the laws for answering prayers. Its just for you to tap into these laws and you will get answers, and also thanksgiving and offering is among this laws for more.

Just as He set the laws in Solar system, this things are laws and formular.

Infact the true God is mystical and adventural, for a God to create wired animals to feed on other animals, and create all the good and evil plant? is something i still cannot understand, the truth is you cannot think properly when you in a particular religion, except you come out, because they threating you with fire and punishment. To me that is a scam to keep you in bondage.

What about the lion that has been eating other animals? will they be thrown into fire on the last day?

If you dont know, God name is mention first in all spell and voodoo. If that name is not mension firstly as the creator it will not work. That is the true God because He created all things.

I cant say much on this post, sorry friend, but with the advancement of techonogy its easy for one to see for itself.

My thought, is that the true creator has ran away from man and he does not seek for a must worship but only if you choose to, after creating and putting the laws of nature HE ran away.

I will write a book soon.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is God? by Kay17: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
^^^

In other words, God is Fuel??

And what do you understand by the multidimensions of space? Is that where you believe a connection btw the physical and spiritual exist?
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Joel3(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
It take million years for crude oil to form.

It take million years for rock to form.

These are proven theories

The earth is over billions of years now.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
Joel.:
Good day viewers,

i am the great joel., and i can be of help to you if you want, although i choose to be and remain a christain because i was born into it and also for some setting reasons because there is power in the jews and christian God no doubt about it, but after much study and enlightenment it has come to my knowlegde that no body has the true or right part to the real creator, in my view the road is totally blocked, He "God" who created all things and ran away, he is controling the destinies and nature of life.

The true creator is far more than the once people are speculating, He does not want or require a must worship, a God who can create and set the laws of solar system what kind of worship He will required from man? Nothing at all, man is just too low, the only thing man can do is beg Him with prayers,

and note, He doesn't attend to individual directly or answers to prayer, He has already set the laws for answering prayers. Its just for you to tap into these laws and you will get answers, and also thanksgiving and offering is among this laws for more.

Infact the true God is mystical and adventural, for a God to create wired animals to feed on other animals, and create all the good and evil plant? is something i still cannot understand, the truth is you cannot think properly when you in a particular religion, except you come out, because they threating you with fire and punishment. To me that is a scam to keep you in bondage.

What about the lion that has been eating other animals? will they be thrown into fire on the last day?

If you dont know, God name is mention first in all spell and voodoo. If that name is not mension firstly as the creator it will not work. That is the true God because He created all things.

I cant say much on this post, sorry friend, but with the advancement of techonogy its easy for one to see for itself.

My thought, is that the true creator has ran away from man and he does not seek for a must worship but only if you choose to, after creating and putting the laws of nature HE ran away.

I will write a book soon.
HAHAHA you again.. don't write your book yet because you have a long way to go. You barely have a grasp of understanding of most of the things you are write about.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Kay 17: Don't you guys get it?? If a Creator is always necessary, then the creator himself must be created.
well she/he/it is both the creator and the created..until people begin to understand this they will fall short of the true understanding of God.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli: I am an agnostic and a field biologist.
I lost my faith in xtian God after much study of animal and plant life, but still have not lost my faith altogether because I dont believe in big b.ang theory, I think there is something more to the universe.

many people seem to have different definitions of God, some think its energy, others say energy does not have consciousness (ooman), some think God is the universe, the totality of energy (deepsight), still others think that no god is needed to start everything (logicboy - now macdaddy, ifeness, ooman etc) and others think he or it is a separate great entity worthy of worship(xtians and muslims)

as an agnostic, I have lost it all together, I need something to believe. the question is : should I believe there is no god and become an atheist, or that an intelligence starte[/b]d everything and ran away and become a deist or accept the xtians or muslim god again?
and who really is God?

pls be convincing, I dont want to remain in doubt anymore. [b]I will follow the best
opinion presented.
the bolded are some of the problems that i have with most of you humans..you are forever looking outside of yourself for salvation.. understand that you are not at any obligation to believe in anything at all.. believe in whatever that serves you but above all believe in yourself... seek to know the truth within dont seek to always follow.. "seek the kingdom of God first and all other things shall be added unto you"
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2013
@POOpLI God is simple the totality of everything in the universe both seen and unseen that exist and has existed and will exist.. God is energy/consciouness/univrsal mind/infinite creator.. she is all there is and all that is.. there is no one else but God and we are all an individuated aspect of the one God..you are God made man..

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is God? by enilove(m): 12:44am On Feb 16, 2013
God is supreme being that created the universe.

God called Abraham and gave him a sign that , his children will sorjourn in a strange land,and He(God) will bring them out and purnish the nation that aflicted them.

We can also read later on ,that through Joseph ,the Israelites got to Egypt.After 436 years in Egypt God delivered them according to his promise.God divided the red sea for the Israelites to pass through.

There are people in Egypt and churches.They have read this and did not complain that it never happened to them.The bible says the Egyptians perish in the red sea.

There has never been any of such miracle before it and after it.
If you have been to the beach b4,then you will know the greatness of that miracle.

God also sent through this people, His son ,Jesus Christ ,who raised Lazarus that was dead for 4 days back to life.He gave sight to the blind,he did so many miracles that the bible records it that the people said "what kind of man is this ,that even the sea obeys him". He did these because his father created them all.

Jesus said strait ( tight ) is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to heaven,and only few people finds it.

Note that word;FINDS IT.
The essence of this of this your thread is because you want to have a real knowledge of God,so that no one will be able to confuse you and lead your soul to destruction. It is written ,"ask and you shall receive".

I am a witness to the power of God,I have gone through some spiritual experience that makes me to be able to say 100 % that God is real and Jesus Christ is truly the son of God.He came to save us, only if you will believe him.

Do not let the devil decieve you,as many as believe that there is no God ,will learn when it will be too late for them.
Why do people come into this world as a small baby, and grow gradualy and later become old and die?
Every one will die one day and will know whether God exists or not.

The scientists can not discover or produce anything like blood.They cannot create flesh,whether that of the animal or bird,talkless of human flesh.
It is also known that despite the billions of people in this world,our finger prints are not the same.No record of two finger prints that are the same.It was designed by God

The "breath"of life is another sign that God exists.This "breath" cannot be reproduce and be given back to any dying person, to restore the person back to life.

If you can know God with your brain,then He is not all that supreme and great again.You can not use you brain to think of who God is.God is a spirit far beyond our brain.He created us for His purpose.

If you want to know God,my advice is this:
Decide to repent from any known sin.
Ask God to forgive you of these sins.
Accept that Jesus came and died for your sins.
Then make sure you pray from your heart that God should show you a sign that He lives.At least for about seven days.
You must decide to drop your sins and ask for their forgiveness.Make sure you do not commit any sin within these seven days.
If you by mistake sin,ask God to forgive you and continue every night to pray to God for His sign or revelation.

You will never go away from God again,you want to serve Him wholehertedly ,if you do those things mentioned.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 4:22am On Feb 16, 2013
greatgenius: well she/he/it is both the creator and the created..until people begin to understand this they will fall short of the true understanding of God.

the simplest yet most reasonable and explicated answer provided so far
Re: Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 4:26am On Feb 16, 2013
greatgenius: @POOpLI God is simple the totality of everything in the universe both seen and unseen that exist and has existed and will exist.. God is energy/consciouness/univrsal mind/infinite creator.. she is all there is and all that is.. there is no one else but God and we are all an individuated aspect of the one God..you are God made man..

you have to explain further. is there a separate entity called god who is different from us. I dont understand your concept of god..
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2013
Kay 17: Don't you guys get it?? If a Creator is always necessary, then the creator himself must be created.
d point is d creation link cannot continue ad infinitum, at a point we must have an uncreated creator, indistructible and pure energy with consciousness and will to create.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d point is d creation link cannot continue ad infinitum, at a point we must have an uncreated creator, indistructible and pure energy with consciousness and will to create.
well the point is if you perceive God or the creator -for simplicity, different and separate from you then the creation link will have to continue ad imfinitum..

For instance the creator Gods Yahweh( creator of humans) Lucifer, Ra etc will all have to have a creator and their creator, have a creator, so on ad infinitum.. now this is actually true when viewed from a reality and position of separatism.. but that's an illusion and a distorted point of view because the ultimate reality is that we all ONE and there is no separation..

We are all one and no one being is more powerful than the other.. but all things are possible so those who have a need for a " God", more powerful than them will be provided one by the universe.. it is all for the experience. The reason why we are all here..
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
greatgenius: well the point is if you perceive God or the creator -for simplicity, different and separate from you then the creation link will have to continue ad imfinitum..

For instance the creator Gods Yahweh( creator of humans) Lucifer, Ra etc will all have to have a creator and their creator, have a creator, so on ad infinitum.. now this is actually true when viewed from a reality and position of separatism.. but that's an illusion and a distorted point of view because the ultimate reality is that we all ONE and there is no separation..

We are all one and no one being is more powerful than the other.. but all things are possible so those who have a need for a " God", more powerful than them will be provided one by the universe.. it is all for the experience. The reason why we are all here..
at the end of it all u end up like descarte "man is God to man". Where all beings in the universe are equal then it mean u caused urself to exist.
And hey i known not a creator "god" called ra.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

you have to explain further. is there a separate entity called god who is different from us. I dont understand your concept of god..
well the truth is there is no separate entity called God different from you..

But depending on the level of awareness it might seem as though you are separate from your "creator". let me bring it home so you and others can understand this easy yet complicated concept..

Take your whole being for instance.. is your organ called heart different from you? In fact is any cell of your body different from the entity called " you".. Without the organs or individual cells there is no you as am entity ..likewise without you there is no cells or a conglomerate of them to form an organ..
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: at the end of it all u end up like descarte "man is God to man". Where all beings in the universe are equal then it mean u caused urself to exist.
And hey i known not a creator "god" called ra.
well it is true.. put differently man is God made man.. and that's a fact.

A creator God is basically the Macrocosm of a soul group or memory complex.. The Ra is a soul group like Yahweh and some beings of this soul group incarnated here during the atlantean human period. They also visited the Egyptians eons ago.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Kay17: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d point is d creation link cannot continue ad infinitum, at a point we must have an uncreated creator, indistructible and pure energy with consciousness and will to create.

TRue! BUT the first cause must be be simplest and most basic substance.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by poopli: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kay 17:

TRue! BUT the first cause must be be simplest and most basic substance.

TRUE, so what is the first cause or who is it.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Ayomivic(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=Joel.]Good day viewers,

I will write a book soon.[/quote
i can see,you have been planning to trade your soul with Satan. You want to give up woshiping God for wordly things, wordly pleasure. Think before you do it because the most foolish thing one can do is to leave God and pitch tent with satan.

Either God ran away or not you will one day face the reality.God had sent me and other christians in this section to call you back to your creator.God loves you.He did not forsake you.He gives us law and sent prophets to us.

What evidence do you stil needed? God sent our lord Jesus Christ from him to us. Jerus told us that he knows God.what else do you need? If you continue to say there is no God is like saying jesus did not come to earth. Israe is not in heaven have you ever seen Israelite saying scripture and the story of Jesus is scam?did you remember the request of rich man when suffering in hell in the story of rich man and Lazarus ? He says 'Let someone be sent from here to my brethen so that they can repent but Abraham told him that they have Moses and other prophets with them if they don't believe them even if a person is sent from dead they would not believe him'

Now, Jesus had come but you rejected him. That shows that if God should come some peopeo will still reject him.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by greatgenius: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2013
^^^^ take your incoherent brainwashed stuff somewhere.. what are the laws that god gave..do you know what a law is? Do you have any idea what freewill is..do you understand what unconditional love entails? You make a mockery of God son.. wake up
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Kay17: 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

TRUE, so what is the first cause or who is it.

Probably a singularity?!
Re: Who Or What Is God? by benodic: 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
@ poopli

God is not something you just talk about. you have to experience God to have some understanding about It. ECKANKAR, the Religion of the light and sound of God has given people the opportunity to experience God again and see things for themselves instead of raising unnecessary arguments and counterarguments that leads no where.

the basic spiritual exercise of ECK which is the singing of the HU, a holy name of God for 15 - 20 mins a day will open your heart to God's love and open your spiritual eye to begin experiencing the wonders and glories of God which no words can describe and which of course no book can contain.
you can check the web site www.eckankar.org for more information and you can also click on http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html to find out how the song of HU is song.
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Joel3(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
greatgenius: HAHAHA you again.. don't write your book yet because you have a long way to go. You barely have a grasp of understanding of most of the things you are write about.

what are the things?
Re: Who Or What Is God? by Joel3(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Ayomivic

with no doubt you were born as a christain, that's make you biase, the true God who created all things is unconditional in love and everything, but He set the laws of karma for but positive and negative, that is why you have freewill to choose your life, i which you were born in a muslim family your story would have been deferent today, now i want you to accept islaim, allah love you so much that he sent He's messanger prophet mohamend to die for your sins, now how do you feel? There are 1.2 billion muslim and 1.2 billion roman catholic. He same God threating people with hell fire. Which of the two should a nutral man without a biase follow and accept? I ask you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Happens To You After Worshipping At Mountain Of Fire / Christian And Muslim,your Prayers Are Useless / How Will Muslim Jesus Come Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.