Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Mothers And Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers And Wives (1057 Views)

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse / Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers And Wives by face007(f): 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2008
This thread is meant 4 mothers nd wives,u can talk about any issues frm husband,kids,mother in-law's,father in-law,sista and brother in-law.u ar al free 2 open up.
Re: Mothers And Wives by enque(f): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2008
how about intending mothers n wives
Re: Mothers And Wives by adeboo(f): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2008
What do u do when the oil of romance runs out in the bedroom?
Re: Mothers And Wives by ifyalways(f): 6:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
enque:

how about intending mothers n wives

lol.as in GFs and sisters ? grin

@poster,nice thread anyway but you know there are very few 7 at the last count/censusmarried ppl in NL cheesy
Re: Mothers And Wives by amsky(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice thread indeed.

Okay,let me see,
it's sweet n bitter to be a wife. honestly. Happily in my own case,the highs are way more than the lows. cheesy Knowing how to handle issues, being patient, tolerant, submissive (sometimes sha o) all helps to make you a happy wife and your hubby, a happy one.

For women, knowing that giving in sometimes is not always defeat too. You do it to keep the peace in your home, and have your peace of mind too.

As for being a mum. That is a big blessing to me. sometimes when your husband annoys you, you 'bone' his side and face your kids squarely. I make it a point of duty, no matter how tired i am to spend time with my kids, and read to the older one at least thrice a week. It helps bonding.

In a nutshell,there are great big challenges in everything. In marriages there'll be mega major fights, and then there'll be very very good times. FOr me, when i'm hurt, i remember the so many good times and try not to react in anger. That has worked lots'o wonders in this house,honestly.
To all those aspiring moms and wifes, all the very best. It's a rough ride, but how you handle those bumpy parts of the journey makes you a good wife. kiss
Re: Mothers And Wives by Dreloaded(f): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2008
you didnt answer the question about issues with in-laws amsky dear?  tongue wink
Re: Mothers And Wives by amsky(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ D-reloaded

I purposely left that out, but since you asked well, here it is then.

In the beginning, i thought my in-laws were so good. As the months rolled
into years my dear, i started seeing them differently.
When i say them, i mean my 2 sisters-in-law and my father-in-law. 
When we were still back in Nigeria, my sis-in-law sent me a maid when i told her i had none. I really did not like the idea but all the same,i played along. This maid was to be her ''eyes'' in the house. She knew absolutely everything that went on in my home. I shocked the day she called me and asked ''so you are now big enough to contribute money to your father's medical treatment.'' I hope my brother knows. shocked 
My dear, it's a long story. They brought out their true colours and when they saw their brother was not ready to play their game, i became a devil who in their own words had '' locked their brother's heart''.
Abeg leave inlaws you hear. I fought for my rights single handedly, till my husband saw i was not just trying to make wahala bw him and his people. The day he saw it, he almost had a heart attack. Shapey was bold enough to tell hers to the whole world.

As for in laws,if they are nice,  then please, be nice to them if not,  He he he.Show them the real meaning of wickedness too. Prayer is the key does not solve it here. My cousin saw hellllllllllllll. I have learnt how to handle such cases for myself ,because i do not get how a married woman will want to run another's home,even trying to dictate the school my kids will attend, and how much my husband should give me as allowance. RUBBISH MEN!!!!!

If they do not realise that brother of theirs is now married and is now a man of his own then toooooooooooo bad. They are also married. Let them mind their own homes. angry angry angry angry angry  D-reloaded have i answered you now? kiss

Long hissssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Mothers And Wives by Dreloaded(f): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2008
hahha yes you have. kiss

do you think they gave you more problems cos you're not from the same tribe as your husband(cant even remember which) or they were just merely trying to be busybodies in general
Re: Mothers And Wives by amsky(m): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2008
both i think. Just like my cousin,i did not marry from my tribe. My older sis in law is a natural busybody. I promise you,you've never met one like her.

If i was from their tribe,it would not have been that bad. I've got issues in my control now as far as they are concerned. cool I fought hard (like zik) for my independence from them. My husband was not really close to his family, but when he got married they thought it was time to get close to him, but it did not work that way. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Getting Married Soon, But Don't Want To Be A Father So Soon / Advice Please! / Letter From A Lagos Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.