Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,686 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? (1170 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? / What Next After A 3rd Class From University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? by EXICON(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gretins fellas! Pls,i want candid advice as per the prospects for a 3rd class graduate of Computer Science. Wat are d possibilities of being employed? How can better/upgrade his lot in terms of trainin/certificatn? And also,how can he forge ahead wit Master degree? Which uni wil admit him? Thanks 4 ur anticipated replies.
Re: What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? by bigboyo: 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
...about further studies, he will have to go for PGD first before he can proceed to do masters. on the job issue, i doubt any company would wanna ask for third class. cos some are even asking for second class upper as minimum. but if the person have long legs anything is possible in Nigeria. best of luck...
Re: What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
EXICON: Gretins fellas! Pls,i want candid advice as per the prospects for a 3rd class graduate of Computer Science. Wat are d possibilities of being employed? How can better/upgrade his lot in terms of trainin/certificatn? And also,how can he forge ahead wit Master degree? Which uni wil admit him? Thanks 4 ur anticipated replies.
It always pains me when I hear or listen to the worries of 3rd class or 2nd class lower graduates. And definitely, they are genuine concerns. I have seen people who have suffered discrimination just because of their lower grades. And it has indirectly affected me. It's difficult for an additional Masters degree to cover up a 3rd class degree. I ain't trying to discourage you but to toughen you for the days ahead.
No need crying over spilled beans! It's hard competing for good jobs with stronger candidates in this economy. While trying hard to secure a good job, try follow these few tips:
(1) Develop a useful skill(s) of interest that can fetch you cash on practice e.g. graphic design, web design, writing, etc.
(2) Sincerely consider entrepreneurship! Start reading materials and resources on business ideas and set up. Business may end up being your best bet.
(3) Network, network and network. Meanwhile, develop your written and oral communication skills. It's very important. I will advise you to develop your proficiency in the English Language. Confidence and good command of the English Language can open doors for you. I have seen it happen.
(4)Be humble in small beginnings.
(5) Have a proper plan and never lose focus. A smart and experienced person with stellar grades may afford to play around a bit, but believe me, you don't have that luxury. You are already at a disadvantage and you need to be organized and work thrice harder to achieve your goals.
(6) As tough as it may be, throw away inferiority complex.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? by EXICON(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2013
Whao! I really appreciate. Thanks 4 ur invaluable contributions. I've caught light.
Re: What Are The Prospects 4 A 3rd Class Graduate? by SpaceAngel: 11:36am On Feb 25, 2013
The good thing is that you studied a course that will enable you stand on your own. All is not about working for others. You can do your masters after PGD. DEVELOP yourself through software applications and once you become an expert in any field, you will be sought after by people. Never limit yourself, don't even take the sky as your limit. Soar above the sky!!

(1) (Reply)

Bank Workers And Securitymen Embarrasing Customers With Begging / Brekete Family Radio Programme (the Best In Nigeria) / Soil Testing & Soil Scientist in Imo State, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Rivers, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.