Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited (934 Views)

Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 / The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? / Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
25So The atheists said to the prophets of Yahweh and his son Jesus, 'Choose one prayer point for yourselves, and call on the name of your god.

26Then they took the prayer point which they had prepared and called on the name of Jesus from morning until noon saying, “O Jesus, answer us.” But there was no voice and no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they made.

27It came about at noon, that the atheists mocked them and said, “Call out with a loud voice, for he is a god; either he is occupied or gone aside, or is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and needs to be awakened.”

28So they cried with a loud voice and cut themselves according to their custom with swords and lances, speaking in tongues and spraying anointing oil on themselves, until the sweat gushed out on them and their microphone batteries had died put.

29When midday was past, they raved until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, paying tithes and seeds, but there was no voice, no one answered, and no one paid attention. Things only got worse...

To be continued... wink

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Original text below:
20 So Ahab sent word throughout all Israel and assembled the prophets on Mount Carmel. 21 Elijah went before the people and said, “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.”

But the people said nothing.

22 Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only one of the Lord’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. 23 Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. 24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire—he is God.”

Then all the people said, “What you say is good.”

25 Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one of the bulls and prepare it first, since there are so many of you. Call on the name of your god, but do not light the fire.” 26 So they took the bull given them and prepared it.

Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon. “Baal, answer us!” they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the altar they had made.

27 At noon Elijah began to taunt them. “Shout louder!” he said. “Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened.” 28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed. 29 Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention.

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by k2039: 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pathetic.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2013
Nice post. When their prayers go unanswered, you hear them giving silly excuses like

Oh, God's time is the best.
Oh, Maybe God answered your prayers by saying no.
Oh, Maybe you did not have enough faith.

Jesus is dead and gone, ii.e if he ever existed in the first place. The christian God is deaf and dumb, and will never answer your prayers, aka does not exist.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2013
Seems like Yahweh has gone silent, just like Baal...
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto: Seems like Yahweh has gone silent, just like Baal...

Hehehe, I was just going to modify my post comparing him to Baal when I saw this.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2013
Yaweh is too old for the internet and text mssages
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Yaweh is too old for the internet and text mssages
So old he wrote his first message on stone... Talk about a wall post...
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:
So old he wrote his first message on stone... Talk about a wall post...

Yaweh is called the rock of ages for a literal reason
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yaweh is called the rock of ages for a literal reason
Heheehee... No wonder his people act like stoneheads...
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Creatrixity(m): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2013
^^^na madt guys full here o..lol!
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2013
Creatrixity: ^^^na madt guys full here o..lol!

welcome !!.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by benodic: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ logicboy03 and muskeeto

what you guys are doing in this thread is just like watching 2 grown ups laughing at a child who is trying to learn his ABCs and struggling with his pronunciations. if an outsider is watching the scenario who do you think he will consider to be childish.

what you people do not understand is that a change in believe or consciousness does not happen overnight. it takes time and maturity. and always remember that you were once at that level and if you knew how it was for you when you were at that level then put yourself in their shoes. you can then imagine a child in nursery school suddenly becoming a professor of law the next day because people were laughing at him at how he is struggling to even spell his ABCs which you know it is impossible but rather it will make him more withdrawn and defensive.

at the end of the day, what the world is looking for is what are you doing for life with your newly discovered knowledge and enlightenment of lack of it as it may be. how has it made you a better person who serves life. that is what matters. and whether you believe in the afterlife or not, really does not matter to me but at the end of the day when you have done your bit on earth and left this earth theater, you will be asked 2 simple questions.
1. did you serve?
2. did you love?
the answer is up to you but it will be a laughing matter if the answer is that you spent your time laughing at children who are still trying to spell their ABCs.

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
benodic:
@ logicboy03 and muskeeto

what you guys are doing in this thread is just like watching 2 grown ups laughing at a child who is trying to learn his ABCs and struggling with his pronunciations. if an outsider is watching the scenario who do you think he will consider to be childish.

what you people do not understand is that a change in believe or consciousness does not happen overnight. it takes time and maturity. and always remember that you were once at that level and if you knew how it was for you when you were at that level then put yourself in their shoes. you can then imagine a child in nursery school suddenly becoming a professor of law the next day because people were laughing at him at how he is struggling to even spell his ABCs which you know it is impossible but rather it will make him more withdrawn and defensive.

at the end of the day, what the world is looking for is what are you doing for life with your newly discovered knowledge and enlightenment of lack of it as it may be. how has it made you a better person who serves life. that is what matters. and whether you believe in the afterlife or not, really does not matter to me but at the end of the day when you have done your bit on earth and left this earth theater, you will be asked 2 simple questions.
1. did you serve?
2. did you love?
the answer is up to you but it will be a laughing matter if the answer is that you spent your time laughing at children who are still trying to spell their ABCs.

Save this tone trolling for people with guilty conscience.

We are cracking jokes about the christian religion or is that not allowed? Did we start chanting "all christians are foolish"?

This is not a thread for learning. We have made so many thread abouts morality and philosophy for everyone- both atheists and christians to learn from

[size=18pt]
Get the f4ck off your high horse and stop acting holier than thou, your advice is clearly not necessary or needed here[/size]
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by plaetton: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez: Nice post. When their prayers go unanswered, you hear them giving silly excuses like

Oh, God's time is the best.
Oh, Maybe God answered your prayers by saying no.
Oh, Maybe you did not have enough faith.

Jesus is dead and gone, ii.e if he ever existed in the first place. The christian God is deaf and dumb, and will never answer your prayers, aka does not exist.

They are not getting through his line because they are not paying the proper long distance charges to heaven. grin
The offerings ,tithes and seed sowings are being embezzled by the pastors.

Yahweh has not been getting his remmitances, especially from Nigerian pastors.
So the lines have been out of service for long long time.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
plaetton:

They are not getting through his line because they are not paying the proper long distance charges to heaven. grin
The offerings ,tithes and seed sowings are being embezzled by the pastors.

Yahweh has not been getting his remmitances, especially from Nigerian pastors.
So the lines have been out of service for long long time.

Men, as crazy as this your post sound, you just might be right.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by ooman(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
old little Yaweh
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by ocheezie: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
This same God who will never change has been mocked in ages past,HE will be mocked in years ahead,I'm convinced.But HE doesn't cease to prove Himself when the time is right.I've been agnostic,bothering on atheism for a while.but I'm convinced beyond doubt now,that HE was,is and will always be,no matter what mortals think or say.HE gives all who earnestly search,the chance to experience HIM beyond what words can say.If u have doubts or don't believe in HIS existence,for the sake of love,for those who believe,and whose being depend on HIM,please do not mock HIM.Rather make reasonable cases or be silent,with your convictions bottled up.thanks good people
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by aletheia(m): 12:00am On Feb 21, 2013
The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. Beside the rail track is an ant colony. There is one ant who doesn't believe that trains exist despite the regular rumblings that occur every day as the train passes by. So one day it crawls on to the rail track and begins to loudly declaim "I dare the train to pass by now". Of course no train passes by, for it is not time according to the schedule. And so the ant repeats this act from time to time until the fateful day when it crawls on to the rail track at just before 2 o' clock. As at other times, it begins: "I dare---". The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. . .and splat goes the ant.

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 21, 2013
ocheezie: I've been agnostic,bothering on atheism for a while.but I'm convinced beyond doubt now,that HE was,is and will always be,no matter what mortals think or say.

LIAR. Lie Lie deceitful christian claiming to be an atheist. How does this statement above match the rest of your statement.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by plaetton: 2:52am On Feb 21, 2013
aletheia: The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. Beside the rail track is an ant colony. There is one ant who doesn't believe that trains exist despite the regular rumblings that occur every day as the train passes by. So one day it crawls on to the rail track and begins to loudly declaim "I dare the train to pass by now". Of course no train passes by, for it is not time according to the schedule. And so the ant repeats this act from time to time until the fateful day when it crawls on to the rail track at just before 2 o' clock. As at other times, it begins: "I dare---". The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. . .and splat goes the ant.

But a least a train passes by every 2'o clock.
That is verifiable. All a doubting ant had to do was to wait at 2 'o clock to see the passing train.
even if the train stopped passing by,the rail tracks would be evidence that a train , or something similar, used to pass by.

Same cannot be said of religious beliefs and superstitions .
They come to us straight from the minds our of primitive stone age ancestors.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by ocheezie: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2013
@kmcutez- I didn't claim to be atheist.if u read what I wrote very well, I said I've been agnostic,bothering on atheism,meaning I had doubts as to existence or lack thereof of a supreme being(GOD),that one couldn't say for sure if HE existed or not.by bothering on atheism, I meant I leaned more on d side of the argument that HE didn't exist.but I know better.so what's d 'Liar' and deceitful christian talk all about? Let's be civil.thanks
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
ocheezie: @kmcutez- I didn't claim to be atheist.if u read what I wrote very well, I said I've been agnostic,bothering on atheism,meaning I had doubts as to existence or lack thereof of a supreme being(GOD),that one couldn't say for sure if HE existed or not.by bothering on atheism, I meant I leaned more on d side of the argument that HE didn't exist.but I know better.so what's d 'Liar' and deceitful christian talk all about? Let's be civil.thanks

Go back and read your write-up again. You were never an agnostic or atheist, hence why I called you a liar.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. -Hebrews 11:6

You teach kids with picture books and puppet shows and cartoons. You teach adults with experience.
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ihedinobi:
You teach kids with picture books and puppet shows and cartoons. You teach adults with experience.
Yes o....
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by aletheia(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton: . . .
even if the train stopped passing by,the rail tracks would be evidence that a train , or something similar, used to pass by.
Here is an example of the inconsistent, illogical atheist worldview. So "the rail tracks would be evidence for the train &c". . .and yet the Cosmos in all it's multi-arrayed beauty and order is not evidence for God?
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by DeepSight(m): 11:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
aletheia:
Here is an example of the inconsistent, illogical atheist worldview. So "the rail tracks would be evidence for the train &c". . .and yet the Cosmos in all it's multi-arrayed beauty and order is not evidence for God?

Aha! ! !
Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by cyrexx: 4:49am On Feb 23, 2013
aletheia:

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 23, 2013
aletheia:
You're the one who's being inconsistent.. The railtracks were built for the train, the train didn't build the railtracks...

(1) (Reply)

Testimony: What God Did For Me. / Do You Like Going To Church Early? / Her Excellency Dame Abimbola Fashola Worshipped @ A Nairalander Church (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.