Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities (527 Views)

How To Get Your Posts To Nairaland's Front Page!!! / Nairaland Front Page / Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
I hope this makes the front page, but i seriously doubt it. My question is quite evident in its subject matter! I usually come on Nairaland to engage in intellectual discussions, though i admit i do troll sometimes! But that aside, i find it quite worrisome that such an ubiquitous forum has failed to promote subject matters in science and technology for example that can INSPIRE our minds, rather all we get is a daily dose of frivolities and politically redundant subject matters that adds no value whatsoever to one intellectually!
I am not saying we should do away completely with entertaining topics, but what about topics that provide nourishment to the BRAIN and MIND? Look at the FRONT PAGE RIGHT NOW and i guarantee you its gonna be either politically inclined or about some celebrity or what not! What a joke!
Re: Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities by Odunnu: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Most sections on Nairaland have a sticky thread where users suggest topics for the homepage. How much of that facility have you utilised? Get active, stop whining.
engineerd: I hope this makes the front page, but i seriously doubt it. My question is quite evident in its subject matter! I usually come on Nairaland to engage in intellectual discussions, though i admit i do troll sometimes! But that aside, i find it quite worrisome that such an ubiquitous forum has failed to promote subject matters in science and technology for example that can INSPIRE our minds, rather all we get is a daily dose of frivolities and politically redundant subject matters that adds no value whatsoever to one intellectually!
I am not saying we should do away completely with entertaining topics, but what about topics that provide nourishment to the BRAIN and MIND? Look at the FRONT PAGE RIGHT NOW and i guarantee you its gonna be either politically inclined or about some celebrity or what not! What a joke!
Re: Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities by r231(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Odunnu: Most sections on Nairaland have a sticky thread where users suggest topics for the homepage. How much of that facility have you utilised? Get active, stop whining.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities by Mynd44: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2013
I read Odunnu's reply, read it again and I am smiling
Re: Why Is Nairaland Front Page Matters Only Focused On Politics And Frivolities by gramci: 7:24am On Feb 16, 2013
I feel you bro, if only tonto's threads can be replaced with threads that
INSPIRE our minds
grin

(1) (Reply)

Getting The Best Out Of Your Mondays PT1 / Abeggoooo Who Get Iec Gmat 2008 Practice Question?help Send / Project Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.