Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (29385 Views)

The Catholic Easter Vigil Mass "Exsultet": Worshipping God or Satan? / Who Killed More People In The Bible, 'God' Or 'Satan'? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Reverend(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2006
OK Rhodalyn

My dearly beloved, the banks rule the World!

Amen
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by whitesoftx(m): 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2006
@Reverend

Here we are again, you! eating your words or backing it up? lipsrsealed
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by thekrafter(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2006
Rhodalyn:

if Satan was the ruler of the world, the world wouldnt have been as it is!!
Jehovah is the same as God only the jehovah witnesses call him jehovah if not he's the same God who rules the world

Are you serious? That's a strange reason to give. I would have thought that Satan ruled the world precisely because of the way it is!

But seriously now, I think the world works by natural rules. Nobody's in control. It just works, or doesn't. We're responsible for making the best of what we've been given. I don't think there's either a guiding hand making sure things don't fall into chaos, or a malevolent being, trying to make things as bad for us as possible.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by babwilms(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2006
Satan rules this world. All we have to do is to look around us
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by goodguy(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2006
@thekrafter, in other words, you don't believe in God, right?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by thekrafter(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2006
@goodguy
Ummm, let me put it this way. I have no reason to take that position.

What happened to all your posts? Abi you don cantab?!! grin
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Kave(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2006
Hey guys! I when it comes to religion,dont say things from your mind.ALWAYS quote from the bible,
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by chrisd(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2006
Two things I cant stand are:

1. Christians who are really boring and outdated, who are bible bashing freaks who give christianity a bad name as well.
2. People who label ALL christians as boring and nerdy unfortunately the many who are, give us all a bad name.

Not all christians are boring stereotypical bible bashers though and I am one of the ambassadors. There is hope in the world.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by ademiife(m): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2007
"For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." can someone explain this verses?
what about these:

5 Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him upon the battlement of the temple 6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down; for it is written, ‘He will give his angels a charge concerning you, and they will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, 9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
Bibi has raised a good point in that it is God who has ultimate control. Yes the bible has said that Satan is the god of this world, but what exactly does it mean by that? Does it mean that God will allow Satan to do as he pleases? Certainly not!

Originally Adam was given dominion over the earth, but when Satan came and decieved the woman, Adam had the opportunity to stand up for God, but instead he chose the woman. In deliberately sinning he gave up that right of rulership.

Satan through deception claims the world, and which is brought out by the scripture. No one can deny that. Bear in mind however, that satan can only be a god if we choose to let him, or if we worship him. He is the god of this world but not the god of the christians. There lies the difference. He is the god of this world because the world worships him whetehr or not they realise it.

Christians have been called out of the world, which is the enemy of God, at least as far as its principles are concerned. How the world views things is different from how we as christians should view things.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2007
@ ademiife

"For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." can someone explain this verses?
what about these:

It means that Christ, who is also Himself fullyGod, who became fully man for us will always be in a position of submission to His Father. That was always the plan from the foundation of eternity. However, some have taught that this proves that Christ is inferior to the Father. Nothing is further fom the truth. Christ and His Father are co-eternal and co-equal. From eternity they stood side by side, until it was time for the Son to play the forever role of a humility, even after He is exalted as King of kings and Lord of Lords.

5 Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him upon the battlement of the temple 6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down; for it is written, ‘He will give his angels a charge concerning you, and they will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

All the text is saying is that the Devil transported Christ from one point to another. Its very straightforward. I must hasten to say that your translation is not correct when it says: "if you are a son of God" The correct translation is "the son of God" and not "a son of God"

8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, 9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”

Just as it said. How clearer can you get it?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by matate: 5:36pm On May 19, 2008
the earth and everything on it belongs to god, so he is the one ruling .
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by firestar(f): 8:20am On May 23, 2008
@matate

''We know we originated with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.''1 John 5:19

Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by disease(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
Who rules the world? Are u still asking this question?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Udyro(f): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
All will agree with me that the Bible says 'God is Love'
can a loving father CAUSE his children to suffer? Not at all!

Who says he/she is not experiencing suffering in this world today?

this is a simple logic to know that T[b]HE WHOLE WORLD IS LYING IN THE POWER OF THE WICKED ONE[/b].

Jesus taught us how to pray, he includes praying for God's kingdom to come, just like in heaven, so also on earth, so that our suffering will be eradicated.

Have u prayed for it today? if not, this is the time to join millions of sincere ones who say 'our lord's prayer everyday.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by remyte(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2008
No amount of argument can change what has been written. The devil is the god of this world. Adam and Eve handed over everything to him by their act of disobedience. If you,re in doubt please check the scriptures very well ( 2 Cor 4:4). But the good news is that we have all it takes to overcome him. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as I also overcame and sits with my father on His throne. Lets be determined to overcome him through Christ.

mindrenewal.com/forum
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by ayobase(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2009
What do u wanna hear?
To hear that God rules, and
raise another question and vice versa.

Nigeria Is Blessed!
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by reserver: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2010
GOD is the Landlord and owns the Building
Satan is the manager he collects the rent
and you rent the apartment
and have control who comes inside
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2010
Jehovah and satan are one and the same entity. You guys have been thoroughly fooled if you have accepted that they are two different entities. Even when the bible gave you enough hints to discover this great deceit, you still remained fooled. Jehovah/Yahweh/Allah/Satan is who is ruling the world right now. Get wise, folks, don't get manipulated via word plays.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2010
ofcourse it is God who rules this world, there is nothing like satan or devil, it's just God when he is drunk!, so when good things happen to you it is caused by God when he is normal, and when earthquakes happen it is because God has smoked his weed again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by SCROLLAUTO(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
Isaiah 9:6 NLT
6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
=============================================================================================================================================================

Isaiah 10:27 NLT
In that day the Lord will end the bondage of his people. He will break the yoke of slavery and lift it from their shoulders.

Isaiah 10:27 KJV
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
=============================================================================================================================================================
Psalms 24 NLT
1 The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.
2 For he laid the earth's foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths.
3 Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?
4 Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies.
5 They will receive the Lord's blessing and have right standing with God their savior.
6 They alone may enter God's presence and worship the God of Israel. Interlude
7 Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter.
8 Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, invincible in battle.
9 Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter.
10 Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty- he is the King of glory. Interlude

Psalms 24
1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Roman 8:26-34 NLT

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will.
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters.
30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And he gave them right standing with himself, and he promised them his glory.
31 What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
32 Since God did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?
33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
34 Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for he is the one who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us.

Roman 8:26-34 KJV

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Joagbaje(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2010
Satan took rulership from Adam so he is the god of this world system. But christ has obtained a name above this world system. We have a kingdom that supercede the world system. We have dominion over the world. So I can say:
[size=16pt]I am the one ruling the world[/size]

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world,[ even] our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? D

Romans 5:17
17bthey which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall[b] reign[/b] in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by nuclearboy(m): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^ Thought you took orders from pastor chris! How then, does that translate to you ruling the world for surely, it ought be him ruling and then he too has mentors so they rule etc etc etc. All these just suggests confusion in you and yours!
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Rhino3dm: 1:39am On Aug 03, 2010
, and who is jehovah if not devil,
Twounity, 1*1=1
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Joagbaje(m): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ Thought you took orders from pastor chris! How then, does that translate to you ruling the world for surely, it ought be him ruling and then he too has mentors so they rule etc etc etc. All these just suggests confusion in you and yours!

Satan is defeated but he still has pseudo authority on anti faith individuals like you guys. but we that believe in the Word of Faith. our faith has overcome the world system!.

1Jo 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [size=16pt]even our faith[/size].

I and Christ are one ,so his victory over the devil is mine. The name of Jesus is now my name. His seat in heavenly places is my seat. When satan takes a look at me, he does not see joagbaje, he sees Jesus Christ.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by nuclearboy(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2010
joagbaje: twould have been nice if your statement above were true. Sadly though, when satan looks at you, what he sees is his mirror image. Consider firstly, that you don't even know what faith is as proven in your conversation with Sirjohn. The Bible defines faith as trust, belief, obedience etc in God whist you and deluded chris (actually, he likely knows truth but prefers cold cash) say it is making noise and claiming whats not yours to command. How then would anyone in their right mind say its me that that follows God's Word that is anti-faith and you, high on sapele number 5, is of faith? Better wake up
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Joagbaje(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2010
nuclearboy:

joagbaje: twould have been nice if your statement above were true. Sadly though, when satan looks at you, what he sees is his mirror image.

Satan will not feel flattered by your statement, he will feel terrified . He will say ." Haa! Omo nuclear yii !! O fe fi mi si trouble!! bi ko o, focus only on the assignment i gave you oo Dont give us extra wahala".

Consider firstly, that you don't even know what faith is as proven in your conversation with Sirjohn.

Stop playing sycophancy to gain favour. Let sirjohn speak for himself.

The Bible defines faith as trust, belief, obedience etc in God whist you and deluded chris (actually, he likely knows truth but prefers cold cash) say it is making noise and claiming whats not yours to command.

Wetin you kow for bible. Stop teaching nonsense. faith is more than trust.And why do you link everything to money?. Everything is about money to you. The pastor chris you criticise does not even talk of money like you.

How then would anyone in their right mind say its me that that follows God's Word that is anti-faith and you, high on sapele number 5, is of faith? Better wake up

You ? follow God's word?. I laff in hebrew hia hia hia!.

If you want to know who you follow read john 8:44
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by toluxa1(m): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2010
INTRESTING inter-wrestling grin
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by nuclearboy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^ Inter-wrestling? Twould be like Mighty Igor fighting a 4 day old baby. Joagbaje is a baby in these things.

@Jo-boy:

[1] Satan will truly be terrified that we've found out you're his number 2 agent on NL (behind ogaga-whatever)
[2] Me and SirJohn never met and owe ourselves nothing except truth. Sychophancy is what you do with mr oyaks, not when I agree with someone who has found truth and rejected your evil ways
[3] The Bible defines faith clearly and its not what you say it is. You know naught aside Er[b]ROR[/b] which is mutually exclusive of the Bible?
[4] God's Religion takes care of the poor, the widow, the "needy" and favors truth above all men. THAT is the Bible. Your religion subjugates truth and God for chris-yaks and takes from the poor for your pockets.

BTW, were you on suspension from CE? You disappeared for awhile and I was hoping chris yaks had gotten tired of your empty defence of CE shallowness and fired you? The shock would have been God's greatest gift to you as then you'd have seen life from the point of view of those paying rather than those collecting and learnt what love is and the effect your insanity has on innocent people
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by fyneguy: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2010
Na wa o. So my kid-friend is still in d business of ranting? O ma se o cry
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by nuclearboy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^^

Got a prompt someone had replied to this thread. Came in, took a look and shook my head in irritation - another vacuous and deluded chris-follower with nothing to say.

Why don't you go commit fraud OR molest a female OR rob a bank OR burn your hair OR spoil Christ's Name as your peers usually do? Those are what Chris Embassy is known for and that you all are wont to do? Why irritate a kid like me?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by mabell: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
@Nuclearboy,
but you know thats not true.
we in christ embassy are known for our giving,soulwinning, expanding God's kingdom and radically giving for the cause of the gospel

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Buhari Celebrates Pastor Adeboye At 78, Says He Always Told Leaders Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.