Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem (4415 Views)

My Range Rover Evoque Is Getting Angry-- I Need Assitance / Range Rover Sports Club / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by nathbillion: 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
i washed the engine room of my car and since then,i have transmission problem.the car does not move forward nor backward.please what can i do? urgent help needed. mr Siena and other professionals pls help
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by sultaan(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
You don't have a trans problem,but electronic issues.You got something wet find it
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by lonelydora: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
This is the reason i don't wash my car's engine rooms, after learning my lessons from my 230E V-Boot way back in 2004. I do hand cleaning, car-wash steam flushing can be very dangerous whether sealed engine(as most people claim) or not.
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
nathbillion: i washed the engine room of my car and since then,i have transmission problem.the car does not move forward nor backward.please what can i do? urgent help needed. mr Siena and other professionals pls help

A water-logged TCM will give the symptoms you've described. You need to locate it, check condition, and leave it in a warm, airy place to dry. And if it;s wet, pray the board isn't fried.

Have you had your drivetrain scanned? The gearshift position indicator on the dash - is it indicating different from usual?
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by nathbillion: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
yes it indicates transmission rage change not available .and the low rage light is flashing
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by cardoctor(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2013
You probably have got water ingress in your ecm or tcm. Just pray that it hasn't short circuited your powertrain eletricals or electronics as that would be a very expensive repair. However, see if you could start by cleaning out all connectors to any sensors that you may suspect on the engine of tranny as well as that of the control modules.
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
nathbillion: i washed the engine room of my car and since then,i have transmission problem.the car does not move forward nor backward.please what can i do? urgent help needed. mr Siena and other professionals pls help

I've also learnt my lessons. I also had the engine bay pressure-washed
and my left turn indicator (trafficator) refuses to work again. It now has a mind of its own
This minute it;s working, the next minute, it's not working. The other minute, it's blinking faster than normal.
Sienna, what could be the problem, sir?
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 19, 2013
I'm afraid that you may have poked the Hornest nest on this one.

You must certainly will need a code scanner.

If the truck was working fine before the wash, the first place to start is to let it dry completely, you may be lucky.
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by nathbillion: 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
Finally,the integrated transfer case is damaged.please can anyone help me with the price for the new one or used one?thank for your help
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by redcliff: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nathbillion, in case of a future occurrence, washing the engine is a good thing to do. you have to look for people who specialize in doing so because, you know how Our dear country can be in the rainy season where everywhere is muddy and these mud go to various parts of the engine and block it, thereby reducing the engine's performance, especially the radiator system. I wash my engine every month and it still looks new just like i bought it.
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
I've also learnt my lessons. I also had the engine bay pressure-washed
and my left turn indicator (trafficator) refuses to work again. It now has a mind of its own
This minute it;s working, the next minute, it's not working. The other minute, it's blinking faster than normal.
Sienna, what could be the problem, sir?

It all depends where your flasher relay is. If it's in your engine bay, it could be water-laden. Check your left-hand bulb holder too, it may be wet too, which would cause a partial short-circuit.

I'm leaning more towards a wet / damaged bulb holder.
Re: My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
the flasher relay unit is just under the steering wheel
the bulb holder was wet, it caused a short !
had it replaced n all works fine now !! thnx

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) / Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car / Pls What Is The Meaning Of 2.0l,1.8l,1.7l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.