Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,451 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Please Answer This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Answer This! (3466 Views)

To All Atheists Can You Please Answer These Questions ? / Religious People, Please Answer- Why Are Smart People More Likely 2 Be Atheists? / my fellow theists please answer this question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Answer This! by Ibime(m): 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2008
Please give us scientific explanations for our rationale, subconscious, mental facilities, will power, nerological faculties, morality etc.

I am waiting. Do not duck this one.
Re: Please Answer This! by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Mar 14, 2008
go and ask the appropriate psychologist, psychiatrist, neurologist etc for the answers u are looking for.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 14, 2008
Ibime:

Please give us scientific explanations for our rationale, subconscious, mental facilities, will power, nerological faculties, morality etc.

We are also waiting for them to prove that God does not exist.

They have dodged this proof for weeks on end ---- but the issue is still waiting for them.
Re: Please Answer This! by fotodaddy: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2008
A fool says in his heart "There is no God"

People be wise. wink
Re: Please Answer This! by Grouppoint(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2008
imhotep:

They have dodged this proof for weeks on end ---- but the issue is still waiting for them.

Imhotep, The burden of proof lies with you, since you say God exists, you need to show Him.
The person who says he does not exist, says so because he has not seen, felt or experienced God.

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This! by tpaine: 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2008
fotodaddy:

A fool says in his heart "There is no God"

People be wise. wink

Matthew 5:

21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.    23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

You have been warned!
Re: Please Answer This! by Grouppoint(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
first off, 'Mumu means fool', so the poster should be careful, because Christ has stated the destination of anyone who calls another a fool.
Re: Please Answer This! by fotodaddy: 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2008
@tpaine
"Study to show yourself approved, a workman who needs not be ashamed".

I called nor call anyone a fool

refer to Psamls 14:1 and Psalms 53:1

People be wise wink
Re: Please Answer This! by bawomolo(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2008

if u haven't proved ur God exists in the first place, why should we answer ur challenge.
Re: Please Answer This! by Ibime(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2008
bawomolo:

go and ask the appropriate psychologist, psychiatrist, neurologist etc for the answers u are looking for.

There are none!

Now, you are waiting for the Psychologist. If it is to do with the big bang, you will quickly jump in. The fact is there is no Psychologist that can prove God does not exist. That is why you guys never debate when it comes to the mental side. Man hasn't even finished discovering the complexity of the brain. The brain is like a million computers - it is a creation of God. You haven't even been able to study it properly, yet you say there is no God. Even your wisdom is like foolishness in the sight of God.
Re: Please Answer This! by KAG: 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2008
Ibime:

Cognitve science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_science

imhotep:

First, that no tangible evidence exists foe the existence of gods, that they are always hidden behind the recesses in knowledge, and that for things with so many allocated properties they cannot be potentially tested or falsified in any way, indicates that gods, including the Christian one, are imaginary. To quote Anthony Flew, "Just how does what you call an invisible, intangible, eternally elusive [god] differ from an imaginary [god] or even from no [god] at all?" [1]. Furthermore, since we can deduce the reasons for why humans may have needed to create gods, and strongly infer how the gods could have come into being as a result of human agents, we can further still see why the gods are imaginary

Secondly, god by its very definition is of a mythological nature. To ask that I prove that a god is mythological is to misunderstand what the terms imply. so, unless you have positive evidence you've been keeping secret, god belongs to mythology [2].

Finally, like I said on numerous occasions, science doesn't do proofs. Alcoholics who practise science may, but science doesn't. What can be shown though is the likelihood of something or the other. by the way, were you seriously asking me to use science to prove an unevidenced god is mythological?

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________

[1] Flew, Anthony, "Theology and Falsification", from: http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/flew_falsification.html

[2] Meaning of mythology and its implications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology
Re: Please Answer This! by mnwankwo(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2008
It is not proper to denigrate atheists by calling them mumu. My own experience is that God is. God is not relegated to myths and legends as some atheists may assert. God, the creator of the Universe is. It is only that atheists have not yet experienced him.

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This! by bawomolo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2008
The fact is there is no Psychologist that can prove God does not exist

so psychologists are trained to prove that God doesn't exist. do u know what the field of psychology is
Re: Please Answer This! by Ibime(m): 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2008
bawomolo:

so psychologists are trained to prove that God doesn't exist. do u know what the field of psychology is

bawomolo:

Well, you have just proved how stupid you are.
Re: Please Answer This! by Grouppoint(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
m_nwankwo:

It is not proper to denigrate atheists by calling them mumu. My own experience is that God is. God is not relegated to myths and legends as some atheists may assert. God, the creator of the Universe is. It is only that atheists have not yet experienced him.

Very correct. This is my exact position on the subject.

The problem is that God is not obliged to prove himself to anyone, not especially an atheist.
The atheist will need to subject himself to a dose of faith, humility, and hope, in order to experience the being called GOD.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2008
KAG:
First, that no tangible evidence exists foe the existence of gods, that they are always hidden behind the recesses in knowledge, and that for things with so many allocated properties they cannot be potentially tested or falsified in any way, indicates that gods, including the Christian one, are imaginary. To quote Anthony Flew, "Just how does what you call an invisible, intangible, eternally elusive [god] differ from an imaginary [god] or even from no [god] at all?" [1].
Good. This should make it very easy to design an experiment to prove that God does not exist.

KAG:
Furthermore, since we can deduce the reasons for why humans may have needed to create gods, and strongly infer how the gods could have come into being as a result of human agents, we can further still see why the gods are imaginary
Then design an experiment to PROVE that gods are imaginary. Dont just say it.

KAG:
Secondly, god by its very definition is of a mythological nature. To ask that I prove that a god is mythological is to misunderstand what the terms imply. so, unless you have positive evidence you've been keeping secret, god belongs to mythology [2].

Finally, like I said on numerous occasions, science doesn't do proofs. Alcoholics who practise science may, but science doesn't. What can be shown though is the likelihood of something or the other. by the way, were you seriously asking me to use science to prove an unevidenced god is mythological?
Check this out --->
Wikipedia:
In a scholarly context, the word "myth" may mean "sacred story", "traditional story", or "story about gods", but it does not mean "false story". Therefore, scholars may speak of "religious mythology" without meaning to insult religion.

Source ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology#Religion_and_mythology
Re: Please Answer This! by chenypat(f): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
I dnt want 2 b in a fruitless debate wit all dis atheism.As 4 me n my household,there's God n only him will we serve.Let me advice u.Y nt believ n wen u die n transit 2 d world beyond n u find out there's no God,then u aint got notin 2 lose than nt belivin n goin 2 hell.The choice is ur's.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2008
Grouppoint:
Imhotep, The burden of proof lies with you, since you say God exists, you need to show Him.
No. The burden of proof lies on BOTH the theists and the atheists. All the atheists have been doing is to simply refute the sayings of the theists. This is not acceptable.
Atheists should stand on their feet and CONVINCES us (beyond reasonable doubt that God does not exist.

Grouppoint:
The person who says he does not exist, says so because he has not seen, felt or experienced God.
This does not necessarily mean that other people have not seen, felt or experienced God.
Re: Please Answer This! by KAG: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
imhotep:

Good. This should make it very easy to design an experiment to prove that God does not exist.

Stop being daft, and actually read what I wrote:

"First, that no tangible evidence exists foe the existence of gods, that they are always hidden behind the recesses in knowledge, and that for things with so many allocated properties they cannot be potentially tested or falsified in any way, indicates that gods, including the Christian one, are imaginary. To quote Anthony Flew, "Just how does what you call an invisible, intangible, eternally elusive [god] differ from an imaginary [god] or even from no [god] at all?" [1].

Furthermore, since we can deduce the reasons for why humans may have needed to create gods, and strongly infer how the gods could have come into being as a result of human agents, we can further still see why the gods are imaginary"

I'm just hoping that the explanaton for the response you wrote is that you didn't bother reading my post.

Then design an experiment to PROVE that gods are imaginary. Dont just say it.

No, seriously read what I wrote. This has got to be an act, right?

Check this out --->
Source ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology#Religion_and_mythology

Um, yeah, I know that: I did post the link after all. Geez!
Re: Please Answer This! by ow11(m): 12:58am On Mar 15, 2008
This age old debate about proving the existence of God. The Bible doesn't prove anything and doesn't expect you to prove anything to anyone.

An athiest will say he hasn't seen God and so God doesn't exist. A christian who has never seen God says He does exist. I believe a christian should be the one proving the existence rather than an athiest proving non-existence because fact. . .'WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIM'

Now proving God does exist takes away the whole essence of religion which is FAITH. christianity is built around Faith and belief and therefore it is foolhardy coming up with silly questions like the ones that opened this thread. christianity and science are two parallel lines, one deals with proven facts while the other deals with belief which are mutually exclusive.This is one of the issues that people like Kent Hovind don't understand and come with scientifically improbable reasons to prove the existence of God.
Re: Please Answer This! by bawomolo(m): 4:38am On Mar 15, 2008
No. The burden of proof lies on BOTH the theists and the atheists. All the atheists have been doing is to simply refute the sayings of the theists. This is not acceptable.
Atheists should stand on their feet and CONVINCES us (beyond reasonable doubt that God does not exist.

it's the responsible of anyone that proposes an idea to back it up with evidence. if theists produce tangible evidence, then it's the job of the atheists to counter the evidence or accept defeat.
Re: Please Answer This! by MP007(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2008
There is no original without a fake,
Re: Please Answer This! by bawomolo(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2008
There is no original without a fake,

the original is sango, while the fake is jesus grin grin
Re: Please Answer This! by redsun(m): 10:04am On Mar 15, 2008
Only you can tell,the feeling is unsurpass and personnal,believe or not and live with it.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2008
Our beloved atheists CANNOT  disprove the existence of God. What a pity.

They are holding on to a position they CANNOT defend.

All we have seen are dogmatic declarations ---- these are not the convincing proofs we demanded.

----------------------------
Atheism is a belief system, it requires a certain act of faith not to believe in God (whose existence CANNOT be disproven).

Atheism tries hard to hide under the cloak of rationalism, but it is ultimately faith-based.
Re: Please Answer This! by KAG: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2008
imhotep:

Our beloved atheists CANNOT disprove the existence of God. What a pity.

They are holding on to a position they CANNOT defend.

All we have seen are dogmatic declarations ---- these are not the convincing proofs we demanded.

First, that no tangible evidence exists foe the existence of gods, that they are always hidden behind the recesses in knowledge, and that for things with so many allocated properties they cannot be potentially tested or falsified in any way, indicates that gods, including the Christian one, are imaginary. To quote Anthony Flew, "Just how does what you call an invisible, intangible, eternally elusive [god] differ from an imaginary [god] or even from no [god] at all?" [1]. Furthermore, since we can deduce the reasons for why humans may have needed to create gods, and strongly infer how the gods could have come into being as a result of human agents, we can further still see why the gods are imaginary

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________

[1] Flew, Anthony, "Theology and Falsification", from: http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/flew_falsification.html

[2] Meaning of mythology and its implications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology

----------------------------
Atheism is a belief system, it requires a certain act of faith not to believe in God (whose existence CANNOT be disproven).

It requires disbelieving the central claim of theists: that an unevidenced, intangible entity exists.

Atheism tries hard to hide under the cloak of rationalism, but it is ultimately faith-based.

No. By the way, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2008
KAG:

Not the proof we demanded.

KAG:
No. By the way, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
It takes an act of faith to disbelieve the existence of God -- whose existence you cannot disprove.

KAG:
It requires disbelieving the central claim of theists: that an unevidenced, intangible entity exists.
Not good enough.
Re: Please Answer This! by KAG: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2008
imhotep:

Not the proof we demanded.

It takes an act of faith to disbelieve the existence of God -- whose existence you cannot disprove.

Hopefully, with continued repetition of the post, the import of the contents of my post will hit you.

Not good enough.

What's not good enough? Edit: Not good enough for what?
Re: Please Answer This! by tpaine: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2008
KAG:

Hopefully, with continued repetition of the post, the import of the contents of my post will hit you.

What's not good enough? Edit: Not good enough for what?

My goodness, you have got the patience of "Job" (pun intended). These guys are impervious to reason, yet you graciously stick it there and go over the same point with them. Admirable!
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
Still waiting for convincing proof(s) for the non-existence of God.

I have seen only exercises in oratory
Re: Please Answer This! by lacronine: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2010
dun say that God does not exist just because u dun exprience it. let me give u a simple example why, in the past when there are no planes, people said that humans flying in the air is impossible. no one believed, not till the first plane is created. not only that this happens to everyone, just look back when u r young, there are many things that u dun know about and u have ur doupts just because u have not exprience it yet. but as u grow and learn u start to believe that like oh everything is made up of atoms and stuff like that. what if when u r young, u do what some of u r doing now, refusing to listen and exprience ,  u would have never even know what atoms are. humans still advance surely and slowly there are manly things that we cant prove for or against but it does not mean that stuff like a God does not exist. ,  just saying my thoughts tongue
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2010
@ Imhotep and others who want atheists to prove that the christian god doesn't exist.

I'm a "mumu" atheist, so I will need you to tell me the methods you used to prove the non existence of Sango, Zeus, Appollo, Eastre, Amadioha. 

Once you do this, I'll use the same method to prove that your precious jew doesn't exist.

You telling an atheist to disprove your god is like me telling you to disprove that my purple unicorn didn't dictate this post.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Church In Tampa, Florida / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / Christian Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.