Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,226 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

How To Create And Run An Online Business Even If You Have A Full Time Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Create And Run An Online Business Even If You Have A Full Time Job (586 Views)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Useful Tips On How To Run An Profitable Internet Cafe Business Needed Urgently / How Can I Run An Hotel Or Guest House Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create And Run An Online Business Even If You Have A Full Time Job by mkakan(m): 1:17am On Feb 17, 2013
First of all , I would quickly say that it is possible to make money online even if you have a full time job. I know you might want to disagree with this because if you don’t know already ,making money online requires work and dedication for it to work .

But well, it is possible and in this post I am going to explain to you how you can do it. I know that most of my readers may not have full time employments but many do . I have had calls from people who do and It got me thinking about how I could help them start or run their online business even with their full time jobs .

In fact if you have a full time job , you have an advantage…..

What kind of advantage?

Actually you have very many advantages over others that don’t have full time jobs.

1. You Have Money To Invest In Your Business

Like I have always said and as spelled out on the post about how to treat a blog or website as a business ,you will have to invest in this online thing to make money online. It is possible to make money without spending money but most times you will need to invest money.

2. Less Time To Play Around

There are a lot of distraction on the internet. Facebook, twitter , email ,YouTube etc. when you have only a very short time to work ,you are focused and are most times more productive. (for me the internet is my biggest distraction).

So having less time will help you concentrate on the important things when you get online.

So What Are The Important Things Online That Will Help You Make Money online:

I have talked about some of those things already in my emails and in my free e-book about making money online from Nigeria (now sold on Amazon).

These important things are the fundamentals about making money online (like selling something online ) and some semi advance information like online business models.

If you have known these things already ,then good . It is now left for you to start acting and practicing .but for many people (even those with full time jobs) something is holding you back.

These Are Some Of The Things Holding You Back

Am not going to lie, some of these things held me back (and am still fighting with some). It is rooted in some of the things we believe and do.

Here are some of them

you think need to do everything
You think you don’t know enough
You think you don’t have time
But these are all lies and untrue. I will show you how to overcome these resistance and negative believes.

1. You Don’t Need To Do Everything Yourself

When I started online I felt I had to do everything by myself . I felt I had to build my website by myself, I had to create products by myself . I felt if I didn’t do it ,it would not work well.

Well, I was totally wrong.

But I will be frank, I am very happy to have stresses my balls and learnt some of these things and I will strongly advice that you learn some things yourself…..BUT……….

My Guy ,

Me , you or any other person cannot learn and do everything. It is not just possible. If you try to do everything ,you will never be good at anything.

Here Is A Real Example Of Why We Can’t Learn And Do Everything

When your car breaks down on the road and you want to repair it, do you learn or try to learn what the mechanic does so that you can repair it yourself?

Of course not. You would rather pay the mechanic to do the work because he is good at It and because you would rather do something else with your time. Now even with that said, it is still important you know how to check oil and other little things about your car.

Same goes with doing stuff online. You don’t need to do everything but you should just know enough and then start out.

Just like you gave your car to the mechanic to repair ,you can give people work to do on your online business.

One way of doing this is via something called outsourcing .

More on this later.

2. You Don’t Need To Know Everything (You Already Know Enough)

Yes many people think they need to know everything before they can start out. Well, here is the sad and whole truth …

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ANY SUBJECT……

And I can bet my left eye on that.

I am so sure because nothing is ever stagnant . Knowledge keeps changing. New methods and ideas are innovated. If you want to wait till you know everything ,you just de waste your time.

If you have read this blog, other blogs online , know about online business models and other fundamental concepts then you already know enough.

It is time to start acting and practicing what you know.

3. You Think You Don’t Have Time

Well for the full time worker I can understand agree a little.

But the truth is you will always make a little time for something that is important to you. You can always create one hour to work on your online business.(yes even if you work in Lagos and go to work at 4 a.m. and come back by 9 pm.)

If you can’t work on week days ,you can work on weekends. Yes even on Sundays. And all you may need is an hour or two.

Now that I have killed those 3 things that are holding you back ,let’s do a step by step discussion on how to do your online thing.

How To Start Your Online Business Even With A Full Time Job

I have already talked about the need to learn the fundamentals about online business and any online business model ,after that the first thing you need to do is .

click here to read full article http://nairacow.com/make-money-online-from-nigeria/how-to-create-and-run-a-part-time-online-business-that-makes-money-even-if-you-have-a-24-hours-full-time-job/

(1) (Reply)

Is 40k Enough To Start An Ecommerce Or Online Biz / What To Do If People Are Not Buying Your Information Products ? / Investors/partners Needed For Oil & Gas Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.