Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! (3476 Views)

BEWARE OF UTOS ! THE NEW FACE OF AUTO SCAM / Caveat Emptor!!! LATEST AUTO-SCAM TECHNIQUE / Auto SCAM/Swindle That I Fell For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by brigadier747: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
images he had used bear semblance to images used by tunero2012 with registered telephone numbers 07055369224 or 08025531898
e mail- tundewolex@yahoo.com and they could be the same person or gang members the owners of these website should investigate.
brigadier747 also came out when his number was googled.Brigadier474 would need to clear himself of any doubt or these characters are all in the same gang of auto scammers.

very pathetic story,u were scammed as a result of ur despirations and uncontrolled greed for get cheap get quick arrangement,i would have been tempted to use harsh and vulgar words to describe ur rapacious and ravenious actions,dat gave u silly gutts to defame my personlity brigadier747 wut business of mine do i have with u dat u clamed to have goggled scammers number and have my id displayed ,by God grace in adittion to ur losses u definately and sure pay for for dis unsolicited demarketing of my persons plz everyone for purpose of clarity u can google my id and confirm my number 08184775036 and check all my posts cheers everyone
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by olanshi: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Next note is this fellow..

https://www.nairaland.com/chrisauto

What are you waiting for Moderators! Treat ASAP!
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by onatisi(m): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
olanshi: Next note is this fellow..

https://www.nairaland.com/chrisauto

What are you waiting for Moderators! Treat ASAP!
so you mean that car cost 7 million and someone is putting it on nl for 2.8?
lets see who will fall and come here to say he has been scammed.both the buyer and the seller should be arrested
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by calculusx(m): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Front Page plzz
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by onatisi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
calculusx: Front Page plzz
let the scammer catch a mugu now ?shebi they say they wont listen grin
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by Fogman(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
Boys are not smiling
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by Omexonomy: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
uboma:

If your claim of seeing them using juju when talking to people is true, then you are also guilty as charged. You are also a prime suspect (a scam artist using juju to scam potential victims.
please fellow nairalander in the house i am trying to warn people as aginst the antics and gimmick of frusters in nigerian not knowing that i am exposing UBOMA AND HIS EVIL MINIONS directly to the public true this forum. He even went further to call me a prime suspect. Sourveyourproof pleas use ur raddai to investigate and expouse this fraudster call uboma
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by OvoClose: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
To think your alias is "brain and brawn"? brawn maybe... but that's it!
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by folex(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
it was your greed that landed you in this mess!!! I bought my current honda crv from this forums. By this way i stays in Jos but the vehicle was in Lagos. I traveled to personally inspect and then handed the transaction over to a colleague in Lagos, The long and short of my story is that the money was only transfered to the sellers acct only after delivering the car in my company's premises in Lagos. You dont cuff out your money for what you have not seen!!! You no sweat for the money?
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by onatisi(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
grin
with all these bashings the op will be regreting creating this thread.he must have thought ppl will side him.if i was the op i would have changed the title of this topic and even edit my story,becos this story reflects outstanding fooolishness.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by deepeetop: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hi all.

I almost fall a victim of this scam 2times. Just that I always insist that I want †̥ see my car first before making any payment. The first man called himself a 63years old man and always call me his son on phone. The idiot asked me to pay 200k advance payment for a Golf 3, while the balance of 100k is paid after delivery.

†ђξ second ask me to pay #8,700 for delivery charge, while I make payment of 100percent after delivery.
I insisted that my car, your money, and †ђξ transaction was terminated...

Wise up, "nairalander"

1 Like

Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by brawnNbrain: 12:30am On Feb 18, 2013
brigadier747: images he had used bear semblance to images used by tunero2012 with registered telephone numbers 07055369224 or 08025531898
e mail- tundewolex@yahoo.com and they could be the same person or gang members the owners of these website should investigate.
brigadier747 also came out when his number was googled.Brigadier474 would need to clear himself of any doubt or these characters are all in the same gang of auto scammers.

very pathetic story,u were scammed as a result of ur despirations and uncontrolled greed for get cheap get quick arrangement,i would have been tempted to use harsh and vulgar words to describe ur rapacious and ravenious actions,dat gave u silly gutts to defame my personlity brigadier747 wut business of mine do i have with u dat u clamed to have goggled scammers number and have my id displayed ,by God grace in adittion to ur losses u definately and sure pay for for dis unsolicited demarketing of my persons plz everyone for purpose of clarity u can google my id and confirm my number 08184775036 and check all my posts cheers everyone

if this is your response to a serious allegation of financial crime,then I pity people who ppatronise you.An image being used to scam people bears semblance to those being used by you and even when the scammer's details were googled,your name came up!!and you think people will be taken seriously?

onatisi: grin
with all these bashings the op will be regreting creating this thread.he must have thought ppl will side him.if i was the op i would have changed the title of this topic and even edit my story,becos this story reflects outstanding fooolishness.

where is the bashing?in case you want to justify crime,it never pays.read the original post and understand that part of the objective is to inform people in this forum and report to the authority in charge of this website.

folex: it was your greed that landed you in this mess!!! I bought my current honda crv from this forums. By this way i stays in Jos but the vehicle was in Lagos. I traveled to personally inspect and then handed the transaction over to a colleague in Lagos, The long and short of my story is that the money was only transfered to the sellers acct only after delivering the car in my company's premises in Lagos. You dont cuff out your money for what you have not seen!!! You no sweat for the money?

I know the scammer(probably you using a different id) will comment in this discussion because this forum is where he(you) plies his trade.I remember the scammer(you) saying this exact statement until I reminded him (you)that he lied to me saying these cars are FG auctioned and in Nigeria,on regular basis the govt,even LASTMA ,auction cars.It is not a big deal.I was anticipating there may be need to do some fixing or still spend some money and that is why I called in my mechanic(who you avoided.)

mayor2013: The idiotic scammer uses segun motors too. Same number too. I had to Bleep him up on naira land towards an unbearable manner thereby forcing him to use anoda ID. I wonder what he his up to next. Some fools not only this very one would post internet pics of cars and say they want to sell. At times they tell u its still in America. I fink d bottom truth is if u are real street I.e u sweat real hard to make money under the sun and rain then a signal of red eye should be your logo. B streetly wise fellas

thank you joor.The scammer and his gang members have crammed up the discussion and are just trying to deflect issues from their crime.They have unwittingly revealed themselves.They thought someone willing to pay almost 1 million for a car being purportedly auctioned is greedy while they and their fellow criminals are not greedy for stealing money using false pretences and outright falsehood.All of them should be investigated one after the other by the owners of this website.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by brawnNbrain: 12:36am On Feb 18, 2013
i just called his number 0813225532 and it rang,clearly this guy is still in business!!
he cloned and branded an SMS with CUSTOMNG.
He uses a false nigeriacustom email address.
He forged and mailed me a nigeria custom duty registration form.
still,he is still actively using his registered mobile line advertised all over this website and you think the owners of this website will be fair to innocent people if this guy remains on prowl?
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by brawnNbrain: 1:04am On Feb 18, 2013
the criminal even has a twitter handle at https://twitter.com/Wilsonalbertt
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by obowunmi(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2013
what the hell - its 2013 and people are still getting scammed?? Seriously?? grin angry grin angry grin angry
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by obowunmi(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2013
what the hell are you people smoking??
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by brawnNbrain: 1:09am On Feb 18, 2013
obowunmi: what the hell are you people smoking??

what is funny?people will always commit crime,the deterrent is ensuring they don't get away with it.no country has ever stopped crime.remember,even well-established organizations get scammed or what would you call selling of horsemeat as beef?all hands must be on deck to fish out these criminals soiling everywhere.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by calculusx(m): 1:56am On Feb 18, 2013
Another scammer here https://www.nairaland.com/eric%20lurence/topics
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by DrK: 3:19am On Feb 18, 2013
brawnNbrain: thanks DK,I appreciate your kind gesture but I dont think I will be willing to trust people on this auto section until I am convinced that the owners of this website genuinely lack the capacity to rid its operations in this autosection (which I must admit is an excellent idea) of scammers.It is so terrible when people drag down the credibility others worked for and earned!I am hugely disappointed.The bankers on this forum must access and disclose the identity of these shady characters.

I know how you feel, but the truth is that the deed's done...i doubt if any banker will do that except you report to Police and obtain a warrant for release of his Account's profile(I doubt if he's using real name and also if the bank did a KYC on the Account).....The moderators aint God to know all ads that are scams, but reader can 'flag' or report any suspicious ads....therefore,the caveat emptor clause is already there except they fail to act on those reported/flaged.

All being said, the good deeds provided by the forum is great and such scammers will continue no matter what......but let the moderator caveat emptor be stated on every post as been done here on Craiglist n others.....the lesson here's DONT PAY A PENNY UNTIL YOU SEE N TEST-DRIVE THE CAR..GOODLUCK!
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by FindOut(m): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2013
Another scammer here. Honestly, if not for certain constraints, I would have very much loved to organise a sting operation for these guys. But I hope soon enough, others'll make it happen.

www.nairaland.com/1199429/tokunbo-2007-toyota-highlandprice-2100000call

Then, OP, apparently you still havnt realised the significance of going thru posting history not only before contacting people for business, but also before responding to certain posts of theirs on nairaland.

Dude, C'mon, yes we know Folex was a bit blunt but seriously?? You are accusing a person who registered on Nl in 2006 & who appears to have consistently bein on NL of being the same person scamming you Guy, look well & no use your own hand spoil your thread and erode what little goodwill people still have for you.

Today is monday, go to the bank, if possible, the bank HQ, report the matter & continue from there.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by kross01(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2013
@OP, to think that ur greed(yes! It was ur greed, cos for every scam or fraud, a party must exhibit greed for it to occur) placed u in this position and u're still claiming smart is pathetic. As smart as u claim, someone used bulk sms to send u an sms with customsng id, sent u an email with a yahoo account yet u were not smart enough to knw it was scam, rather u showed how high ur IQ & smartness is by paying him 100k to check his authenticity & then withholding ur house address, wat a dumb way to play detective. You even went ahead to slander seun & NL as if it was them that referred u to him. Now Anybody who doesn't sympathise with u is a crew member of d scam squad, i pity ur sorry self, plz go lick ur wound alone. If u really have a case, u can find ur way to the police station asides that keep whining.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by onatisi(m): 7:37am On Feb 18, 2013
angry
two things makes the op story irritating ,how can u pay 100k into somebody account so that u wil be able to track him,are u an sss or cia?
secondly the person that introduced the op to this forum to come and look for a car,the op didnt even inform the person that he was going to transfer 100k to someone ,probably that person might have warned him not to send the money.
and those that feel concern about the level of scam in the auto section there is nothing u can do to stop scams here as long as there are still dumb blind greedy prospective buyers like this op who will want to buy a car with a market price of 10million naira for 500k
the op brain didnt even work toward enquiring from the customs about the authencity of the deal.only god knows the kind of story the scammer gave him.a norma human being in today nigeria knows that the first thing to do in this case would have been to use at least 10k to verify the scammer story.
i wwill advice nl members and auto dealers not to worry urself about this case the op gave a valentine gift to the scammer
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by Omexonomy: 8:15am On Feb 18, 2013
When i first saw this tread i commented by saying that they use juju to talk to people only for this guy UBOMA to come and shut me up for expousing them and thier gang on nairaland seun and the moderators take note and investigate this guy with username UBOMA.

thank you joor.The scammer and his gang members have crammed up the discussion and are just trying to deflect issues from their crime.They have unwittingly revealed themselves.They thought someone willing to pay almost 1 million for a car being purportedly auctioned is greedy while they and their fellow criminals are not greedy for stealing money using false pretences and outright falsehood.All of them should be investigated one after the other by the owners of this website.[/quote]
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by uboma(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2013
kross_01: @OP, to think that ur greed(yes! It was ur greed, cos for every scam or fraud, a party must exhibit greed for it to occur) placed u in this position and u're still claiming smart is pathetic. As smart as u claim, someone used bulk sms to send u an sms with customsng id, sent u an email with a yahoo account yet u were not smart enough to knw it was scam, rather u showed how high ur IQ & smartness is by paying him 100k to check his authenticity & then withholding ur house address, wat a dumb way to play detective. You even went ahead to slander seun & NL as if it was them that referred u to him. Now Anybody who doesn't sympathise with u is a crew member of d scam squad, i pity ur sorry self, plz go lick ur wound alone. If u really have a case, u can find ur way to the police station asides that keep whining.

Very well said bro.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by uboma(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2013
Omexonomy: please fellow nairalander in the house i am trying to warn people as aginst the antics and gimmick of frusters in nigerian not knowing that i am exposing UBOMA AND HIS EVIL MINIONS directly to the public true this forum. He even went further to call me a prime suspect. Sourveyourproof pleas use ur raddai to investigate and expouse this fraudster call uboma

The truth is always bitter but it still remains the fact. U can say whatever u wish about me, i do not give a damn. You claimed to have seen scam artists putting cowries in their mouth when talking to their would be victims. How did you see them if you are not one of them? It takes a witch to know who a witch is and a thief to know who a thief is. You seem to know the way scam artists operates and that is why i labeled you one. You need to be mindful of your words because its only from what u say that one can deduce your type of character.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by uboma(m): 8:36am On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=Omexonomy]When i first saw this tread i commented by saying that they use juju to talk to people only for this guy UBOMA to come and shut me up for expousing them and thier gang on nairaland seun and the moderators take note and investigate this guy with username UBOMA.

You not only said they use juju but u went further to describe how they do it. You claimed to have seen them putting cowries in their mouth when talking to people. You must be one of them to have seen them in their act of operations.
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by uboma(m): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Omexonomy: some of them will go as far as puting cowrie inside thier mouth when talking to people on the phone i have seen it many times and i have almost fell victim thrice.

I am quoting your exact words once again for everyone to see that you understand the antics of scam artists and that qualifies you as one of them.....
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by regginy: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2013
That's wot u get 4 seeking 4 cheap cars, nigerians always want good tins cheap
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by folex(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
brawnNbrain:

I know the scammer(probably you using a different id) will comment in this discussion because this forum is where he(you) plies his trade.I remember the scammer(you) saying this exact statement until I reminded him (you)that he lied to me saying these cars are FG auctioned and in Nigeria,on regular basis the govt,even LASTMA ,auction cars.It is not a big deal.I was anticipating there may be need to do some fixing or still spend some money and that is why I called in my mechanic(who you avoided.)

i still reiterate that your greed got you in the mess you are now!!! The case of horsemeat corruption you just mentioned, at least the packaged was delivered howbeit not wholesome!!! but in your own case, you unwittingly fell for the cheapest scam of the millennium yet you claiming to be smart!!! I laugh at you in hausa shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked[quote][/quote]
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by surveyProf(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Auto Scam!!read How Okobi,uche Daniel Gtb Account Holder 0120647357 Scammed Me! by surveyProf(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2013
who is OKOBI,UCHE DANIE

N:B~ frm what I see he sells goods like gargets on tradestable and he is an elderly man!

(1) (2) (Reply)

SUPER CLEAN.MAZDA PREMACY 02(AUTO)07064695100,07032744022 / Clean Toyota Solara @ 750k / S-O-L-D....Tin-can Cleared 2004 Toyota 4-Runner Sport Silver Color

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.