Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey (1873 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / An Interview With Andrew Harvey , Goldie's Husband / Pictures Of Goldie's Husband, Andrew Harvey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by FXKing2012(m): 5:54am On Feb 17, 2013
Andrew Harvey, the British husband of the late singer and ex- Big Brother Africa housemate, Goldie, has said
he had no problems with his late
wife’s lifestyle, adding that he even
encouraged her to be controversial
because it is “marketable.”

Andrew told SUNDAY PUNCH during
an online interview that his marriage
to the singer was a happy one and
they had only recently decided to have
children together.

Asked if he agreed with Goldie’s
controversial behaviour at the BBA
house, he said, “We (Goldie and I)
knew the pitfalls of the show and
understood the game strategy. I think
she did very well, I said ‘make
controversy because people love it.’”

Andrew, who is an engineer and has
been married to the deceased since
2005, said he decided to stay in the
shadows because of the nature of his
job.

He said he encouraged Goldie’s
lifestyle and wanted her to be happy
at all times, adding that he didn’t want
to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Andrew said he and Goldie had
dreams of growing old together and
was sad that this was no longer
possible.
“Goldie and I preferred this way
(secrecy) because I did not want
media attention because of my work.

I had no disagreement with her
lifestyle and I encouraged her to
follow her dreams. We often joked
about being together like a pair of old
slippers

“I did not want her to say ‘if only’
when we were wearing those slippers.
That was why I encouraged her to live
her dreams,” he said.

Andrew, who is an expatriate in
Nigeria, denied reports in some
quarters that his wife died as a result
of substance abuse. He said Goldie
had never been involved in hard drug.

Asked about their long-term goals
together, Andrew said Goldie’s demise
was very painful because they had
agreed last Christmas to have children
together.

He said apart from their personal
goals, they had planned to set up a
charity organisation which would
cater for the less privileged.
“We planned to set up a Non-
governmental Organisation to help
the less fortunate achieve their
potential,” he said.

www.punchng.com/news/i-asked-goldie-to-be-controversial-hubby/
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by braine(m): 6:02am On Feb 17, 2013
Did he approve of Prezzo too? How would Prezzo feel when he finds out he's just part of their plot to make her famous? This issue is just messed up. undecided
That means she would have said yes if he had proposed to her; that would have been so heartless.
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by bendazum: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2013
Anytime I hear this white man say this it makes me very ANGRY.You married someone you claimed you love for 8 years and only just got permission to have children. RUBBISH!! ARANT NONSENSE. What exactly is the essence of marriage? undecided
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by Chanchit: 6:25am On Feb 17, 2013
Make this man sharrap jor.
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by FXKing2012(m): 6:27am On Feb 17, 2013
braine: Did he approve of Prezzo too? How would Prezzo feel when he finds out he's just part of their plot to make her famous? This issue is just messed up. undecided
That means she would have said yes if he had proposed to her; that would have been so heartless.
I'm sorry to say Goldie wasnt a very good role-model. She was married yet was so comfortable flirting with Prezzo and even suggested marrying him. Prezzo must be feeling used right now - poor him.
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by braine(m): 6:38am On Feb 17, 2013
^^^^
Well, I guess he got a fair share in the fame too. kiss
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by Akshow: 7:22am On Feb 17, 2013
bendazum: Anytime I hear this white man say this it makes me very ANGRY.You married someone you claimed you love for 8 years and only just got permission to have children. RUBBISH!! ARANT NONSENSE. What exactly is the essence of marriage? undecided
the lamelessness of your thinkin is shockin. So if children is the essence of marriage for you and perhaps 90% of other people, it must be the essence of marriage for other people abi? Read, travel and broaden your horizon. Your mentality is so 1980s. People marry and willingly refuse to have kids. Its their life and not your business.

1 Like

Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by Akshow: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2013
FXKing2012:
I'm sorry to say Goldie wasnt a very good role-model. She was married yet was so comfortable flirting with Prezzo and even suggested marrying him. Prezzo must be feeling used right now - poor him.
WHETHER she is a good role model or not would have mattered if we knew she was married while she was on Big brother. I give kudos to her for keepin her private life PRIVATE. And talking about flirtin wit Prezzo do you know tru out her seventy days stint in the house she never for once gave in to any sexual advances from Prezzo? Bone that thing abeg, Goldie is one smart smart gal. All this while we Big brother addicts were angry that Prezzo was playin her meanwhile it was she using him as her game plan. Behind the heavy make up and lady gaga personae lies a happily married woman. Which sense pass that one? Rip my smart sister.

1 Like

Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by FXKing2012(m): 7:40am On Feb 17, 2013
bendazum: Anytime I hear this white man say this it makes me very ANGRY.You married someone you claimed you love for 8 years and only just got permission to have children. RUBBISH!! ARANT NONSENSE. What exactly is the essence of marriage? undecided
You definitely need exposure....you've been holed-up too long in your locale.
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by bambuzz88: 10:21am On Feb 17, 2013
COMPARE GOLDIES STATURE LIFESTYLE WHO COULDNT EVEN DARE CIGARETE WITH THAT OF AMY WINEHOUSE, WHO WILL YOU TRULY BELIEVE DIED OF DRUGS
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by FXKing2012(m): 9:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Re: I Asked Goldie To Be Controversial — Andrew Harvey by ORAFA(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2013
REST IN PERFECT PEACE Goldie.

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West And Kim Kardashian Have Reportedly Split!!! / What Is Really The Beef Between Kanu Nwakwo And Jay Jay Okocha / Davido Turns Nigerian Spider Man (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.