Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Windows Xp Not Brousing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Xp Not Brousing (1290 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Xp Not Brousing by Blessed2k: 11:05am On Mar 14, 2008
my windows xp stopped brousing after i uninstalled norton 360 i really need help cos its kind of fustrating
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by pein(m): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2008
check your firewall settings
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Blessed2k: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2008
i have checked my fire wall settings over and over again but it wont brouse yet it is connected to the network. both wireless and LAN connection non of them seem to be brousing and i dont want to format the system.
please urgent help is needed
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by pein(m): 11:54am On Mar 14, 2008
after uninstalling norton360 did u install a new antivirus program?if so check its conncetion settings and make sure ur browsers has a secure "pass"
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Blessed2k: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2008
i installed mcafee. but i did not uninstall the norton in the righ way i tried unstalling it from add remove programs but it was displain an error message so i just deleted it from my programs i dont know if that genrated the problem.
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Blessed2k: 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2008
i found the solution. SP2 has an enhanced TCP/IP stack, and that WINSOCK fix is not right for SP2. The proper fix for XP-SP2 is as follows:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Martins00(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hmm. Have u checked the Network settings (LAN or WLAN) to see if it is still activated or if it has an error in connecting? it might have been deactivated after de-installing ur previous AntiV software.
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by mmonwuba(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2008
Martins00:

Hmm. Have u checked the Network settings (LAN or WLAN) to see if it is still activated or if it has an error in connecting? it might have been deactivated after de-installing your previous AntiV software.

The guy has found the solution

Blessed2k:

i found the solution. SP2 has an enhanced TCP/IP stack, and that WINSOCK fix is not right for SP2. The proper fix for XP-SP2 is as follows:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Kfada(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2008
you have to check whether you are using TCP/IP or DHCP. if you are using the former, then you have to set a relevant IP address depending on where you want to browse. like 192.168.0.22. then ask for the rest; gateway. DNS. then you can check if you system is browsing
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by Neoteny(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2008
@k.fada

you mean dhcp or static ip. they refer to how ip address is configured

tcp/ip goes with udp, and they refer to protocol and transport
Re: Windows Xp Not Brousing by olabosun(m): 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2008
I used 2 get excellent WLAN signal & I stil cannot browse.Pls could any1 help !

(1) (Reply)

All My Computer Files Open With Media Player / A 6 Months Old Hp Pavilion Dv5 For Sale @ Cheap Price! / Is Glo Bolt Actually Faster Than Net Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.