Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In (6278 Views)

Somebody Help Me Pls! I Dond Knw I Click In My Dell Laptop & Delete Sound Devive / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? / Unable to Sign In to My Hotmail Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Blessed2k: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2008
my yahoo messenger automatically closes when i type my yahoo id and click sign in can anybody tell why that happens
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by tobidaflava(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
I'm having such a similar problem. . .
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Dclique(m): 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
yes so, am having the same probs too.i think it this dail up stuff that we are using.
its jst started recently.can anyone help!!!! embarassed
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by habumaks(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2008
Could be virus. just uninstall and reinstall it again. it works becos it happened to me too.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by tobidaflava(m): 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2008
I have tried that soo many times all to no avail. . .
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Frizy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2008
Use www.meebo.com. You can sign your yahoo chat from here without actually using the messenger. I hope this advice will be helpful
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Blessed2k: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2008
there must be a way to resolve this problem, without signing into yahoo messenger through another means. help is this needed i think we all should go into research on google to find out what cause the closing of the yahoo messenger and how it can be prevented and corrected.
thanks
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by DoubleN(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2008
It happened to me once what i did was uninstall,wipe out every previous trace of the messenger from you registry you can do this by using C.Cleaner or doing so manually with REGEDIT command in the run menu. Then reinstall the application.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by tobs(m): 7:21am On Mar 23, 2008
i hope it works o. , . . .coz am aving the same problem wiith yahoo messenger,opera and my task manager undecided cry
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Ayinke(f): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2008
I had the same problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and cleaning my registry but the only thing that worked was turning on the logging option and reporting the problem to yahoo under "help". It took about a week before they forwarded the problem to an engineer who fixed it. So I guess it was something on their end. With YIM tech support you have to be persistent and patient. They might not get back to you right away.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by ocheje: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2008
download new messenger from the net, uninstall the current one running on tour pc, then disconnect from the net and install it set the connection to "no proxies. try it could help mine is up and running again. bestluck
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Jackelony(m): 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2008
@Ocheje
I am also a victim of the Yahoo Messenger malady. I have applied your prescription and the symptoms still persist.

@all
Please let's continue researching for a more permanent solution to this problem. What's internet without YIM?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by quadrillio(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2008
The solution is for u to go to ur windows directory and search of all .ocx and .dll file without date or the one wit malicious date it work for me hope it does for every one thanks
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Blessed2k: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2008
quadillo ur suggestions did not make any sence if we find the dll files what do we do with them remember dll files are system files that when u delete the wrong one ur system might not boot to windows so please expanciate.
meanwhile i ve tried all solutions but nothing seems to be working
please suggestions are still wanted.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by NoStress: 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2008
In Addition i suggest you login to www.ebuddy.com for better chat! or whenever it's close just keep trying,
, . . . . remember a patient dog eat the fatest bone wink
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by quadrillio(m): 11:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
Blessed2k:

quadillo your suggestions did not make any sence if we find the dll files what do we do with them remember dll files are system files that when u delete the wrong one your system might not boot to windows so please expanciate.
meanwhile i ve tried all solutions but nothing seems to be working
please suggestions are still wanted.
what i meant was that ther is a file that there is a ocx or dll file that has a malicious date + you should have choose you words

quadrillio:

The solution is for u to go to your windows directory and search of all .ocx and .dll file without date or the one wit malicious date it work for me hope it does for every one thanks

a recent proble in my office was cured when I installed AVG 8.0. anti virus
try it out hope it works for u too
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by domedoyou: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2008
if you are using the latest version uninstall it and install older version like 7 or 6

the problem mostly occurs on the new version.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by aphoe(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2008
if u want to use the full features of ur yahoo mesenger, you can go to webmessenger.yahoo.com - u dont need to install a yahoo messenger on your system to chat just go to this URL and log-in
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by ztyle(m): 2:13am On May 06, 2008
i suggest you install the old version yahoo meant be working on the new version, or keep trying till its open up.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by sucess001(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2008
i think this occcurs when u try to download from the net, it 's better to load from a disc, in the mean time,why dont u chat from www.ebuddy.com, its easier than meebo and u can chat on all netwirks, i think u shud giv it a try,thats wat i use cheesy
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Saddam: 4:56am On May 08, 2008
Its a Virus tht has infected ur pc,

Just backup and re install ur Operating system fresh
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by figment232(m): 7:24pm On May 14, 2008
Ist of all uninstall your yahoo messenger then delete all the cookies on your computer,thereafter reinstall the yahoo messenger
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by ztyle(m): 12:44am On May 16, 2008
Saddam:

Its a Virus that has infected your pc,

Just backup and re install your Operating system fresh
. . .This is Wonderful  shocked Just 4 Yahoo Messenger?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by mcmsat(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2008
cool I read an English forum an guys there explained that it is a registry virus inversion! In fact what they say i will do to get over it are a kind on many, but out of all, the first step which is downloading ASVAST anti virus and running a boot scan, solved my problem! In three systems!
The thing is that the virus scan will start before windows start, and from the prompt I choose "DELETE".
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by phreakabit(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2008
Hey sorry suckas you have been infected by the KAVO.exe, hihi and guess what the good news is you cant get rid of it, its permanent, your best bet is to re-format your HDD
Katcha grin
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by phreakabit(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2008
okay heres a simple trick i use, start up task manager using ctrl+alt del, and end the process explorer.exe. Then start the task explorer.exe again, now you should be able to use yahoo IM easily,
katcha grin
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by thompsob(m): 2:28pm On May 21, 2008
TRYING TO OPEN TASK MANAGER USING CTRL + ALT + DEL BUT I GOT A MESSAGE PROPT TASK MANAGER DISSABLE BY ADMINISTRATOR.
PLS HOW DO I ENABLE MY TASK MANAGER?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by Neptune(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2008
there are a lot of solutions to this but i'll give u the easiest and believe me it works. i tested it myself. ok. Just login with another id and uncheck the remember password options, then relogin with yours and rember to uncheck remember password. simple. that should do the trick. wink
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by bluetyrese(m): 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2008
FELLOW NIARA LANDERS I HAVE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS I MADE A RESERACH ABOUT THIS MESSENGER PROBLEM AND I WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT THAT IS WAS A MALWARE CALLED AMVO.EXE THAT IS ATTACKING THE STARTUP PROGRAMS WHICH IS CAUSING y! MESSENGER TO DISAPAIR even if you format your system the problem will still occure even antivirus can not stop this malware, TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE SEND ME A MAIL AND YOUR PROBLEM IS GOOD AS OVER JUST beezee_ty@yahoo.com
Re: Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In by timbabng(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2008
I finally got my Y! messenger back on track and i was able to get rid of the frustrating AMVO.exe virus.
Anybody with the same problem should visit

http://digitalpbk..com/2008/02/amvoexe-virus-usb-memory-stick.html

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!! Sleek 8th Gen Corei7 Dell Inspiron With Anti-glare / Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" At Discounted Price / Please Help Me- Error While Unpacking Program, Code Lp5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.