Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. (768 Views)

Why Responsive Design Sucks And Reduces The Mobile Friendliness Of Your Site. / Inserting Ads (adsense, Buzzcity, Admob And Inmobi) To SMF Wap2 (mobile Version) / Non-mobile Version Sites/forums And Motorola Q? Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by Danyl(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hello fellow NLders, i want to ask that how can i develop the mobile version of my website such that when accessing it, they'll be redirected to a url with the ff format: http://m.abcxyz.com, so also what considerations needs to be taken in order to make site faster and well displayed for those accessing the site. Thanks
Re: How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by hammedkola(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
If you are using a dreamweaver, just change the doc type from XHTML 1.0 transitional to XHTML mobile 1.0...
Re: How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
hammedkola: If you are using a dreamweaver, just change the doc type from XHTML 1.0 transitional to XHTML mobile 1.0...
What if you're not using dreamweaver?
Re: How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by Danyl(m): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
hammedkola: If you are using a dreamweaver, just change the doc type from XHTML 1.0 transitional to XHTML mobile 1.0...
do I have to create that subdomain or changing to XHTML mobile will automatically redirect everyone who access the www.abcxyz.com to html://m.abcxyz.com.
Re: How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by yawatide(f): 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
After you have created a subdomain, visit http://mobiledetect.net/ for a mobile detection script, assuming you're using php
Good luck!
Re: How To Make The Mobile Version Of A Website. by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2013
A lot of things have to be in place before installing the automatic mobile detection script.

Do these:
You have to redesign your website entirely.
Optimize your logo and don't make it to be more than 2kb.
Get rid of any flash or javascript in the mobile site.
Your css address should be like this: <link rel="stylesheet" href="handheld.css" type="text/css" media="handheld"/>
Use fluid layouts. Don't use pixels, use percentage or em. Instead of width:400px; use: width:100%; or width:1.0ems;
Then create a sub-domain of www.m.xyz.com

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

[A must read] A milliion $ secret- What you never heard about blogging / Vulnerability In Wordpress And Drupal / Help A Nairalander On An I.T Placement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.