Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? (1792 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Choosing A Husband/Wife: God's Will Or Your Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Looking at the scriptures even christ at a point before his passion on the cross, wept bitterly knowing what he has to undergo, to me I feel it was a difficult task for him but since it was the will of God, he had to do it.
Abraham was told to leave his home country in search of a place where God will show him, fufiling the 'will' of God he obeyed, we were also told he was asked to sacrifice his only son isaac. The task of sacrificing his only child was a difficult one but that's the will of God and he had to follow instructions.
I recall what happened to friend's sis who kept praying for a life partner, it took her time to accept the 'will' of God cos what was revealed as her husband was a 'cross' as far as am concerned, but she had to accept the 'will' of God.
Now serving God is a beautiful thing but most times his will for us are usually difficult to accept and at a point I feel he doesn't love us that's why he is making a 'heartbreaking' choice for us.
Why is it so?
Why does his will conflict with our will as his sons and daughters?

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
nne3870: Looking at the scriptures even christ at a point before his passion on the cross, wept bitterly knowing what he has to undergo, to me I feel it was a difficult task for him but since it was the will of God, he had to do it.
Abraham was told to leave his home country in search of a place where God will show him, fufiling the 'will' of God he obeyed, we were also told he was asked to sacrifice his only son isaac. The task of sacrificing his only child was a difficult one but that's the will of God and he had to follow instructions.
I recall what happened to friend's sis who kept praying for a life partner, it took her time to accept the 'will' of God cos what was revealed as her husband was a 'cross' as far as am concerned, but she had to accept the 'will' of God.
Now serving God is a beautiful thing but most times his will for us are usually difficult to accept and at a point I feel he doesn't love us that's why he is making a 'heartbreaking' choice for us.
Why is it so?
the flesh is weak.
My ways are not your ways.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by frank317: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
After looking at the whole thing, I have come that people just decide what they want about God and stick to it (especially after reading d bible). They are just afraid to think nagatively about God even when its glaring because they believe God is too great and we don't have the right tink nagatively about him. I don't blame them though, that what belief does to human.

To me, our will is Gods desire for us. But life does not just stop in willing, action also matters. Humans unconciouly love suffering, some love pain. God has finish creating the world, what else do we want from him.

If the white man can make car, plane, cell phone, infact the white man actively invole in making life simpler. But all we do here is pray pray and pray, saying we are waiting upon d lord. For what? If we live such kind of life why then will we not see Gods way be difficult in our sight. The choice is ours to live a simple life, not Gods
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
nne3870: Looking at the scriptures even christ at a point before his passion on the cross, wept bitterly knowing what he has to undergo, to me I feel it was a difficult task for him but since it was the will of God, he had to do it.
Why is it so?

Your problem stems from believing ancient man-made texts written by cattle rearers and semi-literate 'prophets' 3000 years ago who claimed to speak for God, and claimed to know his 'will'.

Free your mind from those writings and you'll enjoy God more.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by tpia5: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
we cant see the future, but God can.

what looks easy to us isnt necessarily the best option.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
tpia@:
we cant see the future, but God can.

what looks easy to us isnt necessarily the best option.
amen
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by tobechi20(m): 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Everything is dificult. In life, there is nothing easy

:its nt easy to be gud. Its nt easy to be bad
:-)its nt easy to b theist . Its nt easy to b atheist

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by okeyxyz(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
tobechi20: Everything is dificult. In life, there is nothing easy

:its nt easy to be gud. Its nt easy to be bad
:-)its nt easy to b theist . Its nt easy to b atheist

Nice!!!
This is one of the very few times I enjoy your post(I usually find them annoying). This is balanced reasoning and I must say: "Godly". I also believe it must not b easy being a theist or an atheist(well, it must be painful knowing that life is meaningless... I guess undecided ).
And yes, I'm the one who liked your comment. wink
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by seyibrown(f): 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
God's will many times seems difficult to us because we do not see things the way God sees them. I mean that he see the whole picture, we only see part of it. He sees the future, we don't. He knows us more than we do ourselves and he sees the very heart and soul of the people around us while we don't, and knowing this is very important especially when it comes to marriage matters.

One of the most difficult things to do is to 'wait' for Gods will! Tell that to a woman who has been waiting for a husband or child for 5 years or more. Tell that to people who have been waiting for good things for quite some time. Even Sarah couldn't wait and organised Hagar'. The results of not waiting for God's will are usually disastrous for us. Not waiting for God's will - especially where we know what is will is (this include where he just tells us to wait) - in itself is 'disobedience' to God.

God's will may seem difficult but we need to always remember that 'His plans for us are plans of good, not of evil, to bring us to an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). 'Everything works together for good to them that love God ....' (Romans 8:28).

We lose no good thing by doing God's will! smiley smiley
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ask King James. he should know better because he wrote the wills.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Neddivine: 1:22am On Feb 18, 2013
God is not restrictive but protective.Take a child for an example.The child may want to play with a sharp knife but the parent witholds it from the child knowing it'll hurt the child.A teenage girl wants to go out to party but daddy says no cos he knows she could be forcefully molested by the bad boys.I could go on.Many things we feel are good for us are for the most part bad indeed or its the wrong timing & God knows this.Our Lord Jesus asked let this cup pass but God was resolute & what's the result today... Salvation,healing,deliverance,blessings,miracles etc open to entire mankind & Christ is Highly exalted n magnified on earth n in heaven.God's will though bitter at times is for our best if not now,then in the latter end.See also Abraham's latter end.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: the flesh is weak.
My ways are not your ways.
Yep I know God's standards are far above man but he told us to ask whatsoever in his name and we are sure to get it, so its not wrong asking him to honour our will sometimes.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Your problem stems from believing ancient man-made texts written by cattle rearers and semi-literate 'prophets' 3000 years ago who claimed to speak for God, and claimed to know his 'will'.

Free your mind from those writings and you'll enjoy God more.
The scripture remains the only standard for living a purposeful life
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Rossikk(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
nne3870:
The scripture remains the only standard for living a purposeful life
You're ill - exposed and brainwashed. In your little world, the two billion Chinese and 1.5 billion Indians who have their own value systems and faiths, simply don't exist, and couldn't possibly live "purposeful lives". Not to mention African traditionalists and Muslims. This is why Christianity is such a poisonous, hateful religion. It thrives on the ignorance and unintelligence of it's followers.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by scarred: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Because it goes against instinctual adherence to our base desires. Thomas Hobbes wrote that '...the life of Man is solitary,nasty, brutish and short', filled with 'continual fear and the danger of violent death...', in this Hobbes tries to capture why Man's base desires are not in allignment with God.

The Word of God and by extension is will is a conscious rejection of our base desires, to for go our natural instincts of killing when we feel threatened, love when we would rather hate, give when we would rather hoard. This is why the bible says that the Carnal Mind (Natural Instincts) is '...enmity towards God'. This is why His Will is difficult, obedience to HIS Will goes against our basic instincts...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hmmm... Interesting thread...
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Looking at the scriptures even christ at a point before his passion on the cross, wept bitterly knowing what he has to undergo, to me I feel it was a difficult task for him but since it was the will of God, he had to do it.
Why is it so?

Contatrary to your conculsion, the will of God is not difficult.

For Jesus that was what he came to do and he laid his life on his own.
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” - John 10: 17 -18

God tested Abraham not that he was interested in the blood of Isaac. Just as he told Isreal that he allowed them to go through hardship so that he may know the intent of their heart

"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands." - Deuteronomy 8:2

Concerning "will of God" in marriage, the Lord has given all his children the choice to choose whosoever they wish to marry in the Lord. God has never made the choice of husband or wife for man, even Adam was not told this is your wife. With his mouth he loved Eve and confessed she was the bone of his bone. God didnt ask him to say that. Paul while teaching the new testamnet church about marriage said single ladies are at liberty to marry whosoever they wish in the Lord

A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. - I Cor 7: 39

It is spiritual exurberance ( zeal without knowledge) for a christian woman to claim God had imposed somebody on her. God does not impose a wife or husband on anyone and there is no particular man you must marry. You marry the one you wish.

It is possible that your friend's sister was decieved by those claiming young people must see vision before they marry. That is not written anywhere in scripture and most of those teaching it never saw vision. It sound spiritual but it is wrong and unscriptural

In conclusion the will of God is not a burden except you put a burden on yourself and call it the will of God. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Since Christianity is the largest religion in the world with 2.1 billion people, it is bound to have the most corrupt BRAINLESS-people.

The most corrupt people are religious. Africa is gonna be a slave nation very soon. The chines, Japanese and western states are busy owning our resources while our foolish Nigrerian brethren are busy quoting the bible.

Are we not already becoming slaves in our own land? No need to take us away on the ship.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
belabela:

Contatrary to your conculsion, the will of God is not difficult.

For Jesus that was what he came to do and he laid his life on his own.
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” - John 10: 17 -18

God tested Abraham not that he was interested in the blood of Isaac. Just as he told Isreal that he allowed them to go through hardship so that he may know the intent of their heart

"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands." - Deuteronomy 8:2

Concerning "will of God" in marriage, the Lord has given all his children the choice to choose whosoever they wish to marry in the Lord. God has never made the choice of husband or wife for man, even Adam was not told this is your wife. With his mouth he loved Eve and confessed she was the bone of his bone. God didnt ask him to say that. Paul while teaching the new testamnet church about marriage said single ladies are at liberty to marry whosoever they wish in the Lord

A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. - I Cor 7: 39

It is spiritual exurberance ( zeal without knowledge) for a christian woman to claim God had imposed somebody on her. God does not impose a wife or husband on anyone and there is no particular man you must marry. You marry the one you wish.

It is possible that your friend's sister was decieved by those claiming young people must see vision before they marry. That is not written anywhere in scripture and most of those teaching it never saw vision. It sound spiritual but it is wrong and unscriptural

In conclusion the will of God is not a burden except you put a burden on yourself and call it the will of God. Shalom!
Thanks for your contribution,
the book of john as quoted, says Jesus received an 'authority' and 'command' from the father to do the father's will which he completed.
now its not of his own free will but that of the father which he had to do so that 'scriptures would be fufilled'. So the sons free will would have been to bypass all the suffering and just die for mans redemption but no the fathers 'difficult will' which is suffering has to be fufilled for man to be saved.

These is exactly my point, he knows we are nothing but mortals that depends solely on him, is there need to burden us again to know the intent of our heart?
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness: Since Christianity is the largest religion in the world with 2.1 billion people, it is bound to have the most corrupt BRAINLESS-people.

The most corrupt people are religious. Africa is gonna be a slave nation very soon. The chines, Japanese and western states are busy owning our resources while our foolish Nigrerian brethren are busy quoting the bible.

Are we not already becoming slaves in our own land? No need to take us away on the ship.
I guess you have no business with this thread since you can't give any meaningful contribution I will advice you keep your thoughts to you.
Thanks
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
nne3870:
Yep I know God's standards are far above man but he told us to ask whatsoever in his name and we are sure to get it, so its not wrong asking him to honour our will sometimes.
personally i think been a xtian means forsaking ur will, take christ as an example. We have to sacrifice what we want for what God wants. I'll stop here.
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
undecided
Re: Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 19, 2013
nne3870:
Thanks for your contribution,
the book of john as quoted, says Jesus received an 'authority' and 'command' from the father to do the father's will which he completed.
now its not of his own free will but that of the father which he had to do so that 'scriptures would be fufilled'. So the sons free will would have been to bypass all the suffering and just die for mans redemption but no the fathers 'difficult will' which is suffering has to be fufilled for man to be saved.

These is exactly my point, he knows we are nothing but mortals that depends solely on him, is there need to burden us again to know the intent of our heart?

I don't see anything difficult in that passage except that you decide to read scriptures through the lens of what you already concluded in your heart. Ok let's take a look again at the bible

The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” - John 10: 17 -18

Jesus said "No one takes if from me but I lay it down of my own accord"

It is never in the nature of God to force man to do a thing. God is not a tyrant. If you want to be hard he can harden your heart according to what you have determined to do. The humanity of Christ was revealed at the last hours preceding his crucifixion when he prayed wishing the cup was removed from him. That goes to show us that Christ was not just divine who could not feel human pain. He is fully human and divine. That is why the bible says we have a high priest who like us has been tempted in all ways. He knows exactly how we feel. But he died of his own will.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. - Hebrews 4: 15

The will of God is a delight to his children and a blow to flesh (sinful nature). Whenever a christian does the will of God he is happy with himself or herself no matter the pain involved. The joy of pleasing the Lord is nothing compared to the pains we go through. So pleasing the Lord is not a laborious or "very difficult" task for Christians.

(1) (Reply)

The "Real" Reason Why Judas Committed Suicide / One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet / Man Set To Marry A Goat In Brazil…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.