Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,355 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train (1416 Views)

Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt / Visit To Ontario / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
Please nairalanders in the USA should hint on the possibility of travelling by train from New York city to Ontario, california. Please lets know the distance, the cost, the process, the rail lines and possibly the arrival projected time line. Please people with practical experience should explain here.Thanks
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
People should not only view this topic but should please comment cos we need to know the rail system and network in the USA and how cos effective/efficient they are.this will go a very long way to save more cash in the pocket of new travellers/immigrants as sometimes, flight from lagos to california is twice the cost of lagos to New York. Plz let's take this serous
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by jejelady(f): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2013
Chirpy, try checking priceline for air fares from ny to California. It might be cheaper than any other means. Or go to Amtrak.com to check for train tickets. Virtuay not a lot of ppl travel by train for dat long since there r better deals for airfare
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2013
jejelady: Chirpy, try checking priceline for air fares from ny to California. It might be cheaper than any other means. Or go to Amtrak.com to check for train tickets. Virtuay not a lot of ppl travel by train for dat long since there r better deals for airfare
Thanks a lot for ur directive my dear.I checked the airfare from lagos to ontario and its relatively higher than from lagos to NY. I googled united airline fare to ontario from lagos with return ticket and I discovered that its cheaper if am paying for the same return ticket from Ontario to lagos back to ontario. Can one buy as if he or she is coming to lagos from ontario and just use the return ticket to get there cos the price is$2kplus from lagos while its $1066 from ontario to lagos and back to ontario. What do u think?. Thanks once more my dear for ur assistance.
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by jejelady(f): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
That I don't know. What I can say is stay at least a wk in ny to find a better deal on priceline and then u buy one way ticket from ny to Ontario. Get it?
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
jejelady: That I don't know. What I can say is stay at least a wk in ny to find a better deal on priceline and then u buy one way ticket from ny to Ontario. Get it?
Thanks a milion jejelady! I truely value and appreciates u very much dear. I will do as u said.
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 19, 2013
What visa are you travelling on? If the visa type is immigrant type or student, definitely not a visiting visa, then you can get a one way ticket. Try Emirates, Qatar and Turkey airlines for the lowest one way prices. Not all of them goes to Los Angeles, but I think one goes to Las Vegas.

_______

Did more research for you.

Qatar doesn't go to Los Angeles.

For March 1st as an example, Turkish Airline swill get you to Los Angeles for $1,321.00. Emirates is not working for me right now.

Amtrak from New York is $342 and takes 3 days.

Now I'm absolutely a fan of rail travel but it's not for the faint of heart and especially if you're just landing in the US and also after a lengthy flight.

My opinion is to save the rail travel for vacation when you can truly enjoy the sights of the back country. Trains take you to places that you may never see again as most of it is unaccessible by any other mode of transportation.

I'm about 15 miles west of Ontario, used to live there actually so let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

$200 gets you from JFK to LAX on US Airways.
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 6:50am On Feb 19, 2013
Somorin#1:
What visa are you travelling on? If the visa type is immigrant type or student, definitely not a visiting visa, then you can get a one way ticket. Try Emirates, Qatar and Turkey airlines for the lowest one way prices. Not all of them goes to Los Angeles, but I think one goes to Las Vegas.
Thanks, I will be travelling with immigrant visa and I don't want to land in LAX but ontario if I can get an airline with reasonable price. I foundout that most of the airlines end their journey in LAX and its like even the turkish is not going to Ontario but LAX. The NY flight seems cheaper but getting to ontario from JFK could also be expensive.I do put things like luggages into serous consideration cos I know that local airline baggage policy differs from international. The pricise place is fontana and I learnt that trafic from Los Angeles could be something else. What your suggestion bro?

_______

Did more research for you.

Qatar doesn't go to Los Angeles.

For March 1st as an example, Turkish Airline swill get you to Los Angeles for $1,321.00. Emirates is not working for me right now.

Amtrak from New York is $342 and takes 3 days.

Now I'm absolutely a fan of rail travel but it's not for the faint of heart and especially if you're just landing in the US and also after a lengthy flight.

My opinion is to save the rail travel for vacation when you can truly enjoy the sights of the back country. Trains take you to places that you may never see again as most of it is unaccessible by any other mode of transportation.

I'm about 15 miles west of Ontario, used to live there actually so let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

$200 gets you from JFK to LAX on US Airways.

Thanks, I will be travelling with immigrant visa and I don't want to land in LAX but ontario if I can get an airline with reasonable price. I foundout that most of the airlines end their journey in LAX and its like even the turkish is not going to Ontario but LAX. The NY flight seems cheaper but getting to ontario from JFK could also be expensive.I do put things like luggages into serous consideration cos I know that local airline baggage policy differs from international. The pricise place is fontana and I learnt that trafic from Los Angeles could be something else. What your suggestion bro?
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
JFK to ONT is $275.

I can pick you up from LAX and take you to Fontucky if it'll make your travels easier.
Re: Travelling From New York To Ontario, California By Train by chirpywest(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Somorin#1:
JFK to ONT is $275.

I can pick you up from LAX and take you to Fontucky if it'll make your travels easier.
Thanks a lot bro, I will keep u posted as soon as I conclude my ticket booking. I truely appreciates

(1) (Reply)

How can one apply for visa to Baku, Azerbaijan? / hakuna matata / What Should I Do Next?, Says A Phd Student Wanting To Travel Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.