Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! (704 Views)

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! by waleadex(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
I was having a discussion with a friend and we shared so many views as muslim and christian.In my own opinion,I think real muslims will not want to pick up bank jobs because of solats I.e 2pm,4pm and sometimes 7pm prayers.My christian friend jokingly said banks avoid to emply them for the fear of 'BH BOMBS' grin
On a serious note,in your view what is the cause?
Thanks.
Re: Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! by Omexonomy: 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Most bankers i know are muslim and anybody who is interested in banking job wether xtian or muslim might get it.
Re: Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! by waleadex(m): 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Omexonomy: Most bankers i know are muslim and anybody who is interested in banking job wether xtian or muslim might get it.
Noted!
Re: Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! by moredendisc: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
waleadex:

I was having a discussion with a friend and we shared so many views as muslim and christian.
In my own opinion,I think real muslims will not want to pick up bank jobs because of solats I.e 2pm,4pm and sometimes 7pm prayers.
My christian friend jokingly said banks avoid to emply them for the fear of 'BH BOMBS' grin
On a serious note,in your view what is the cause?
Thanks.

Omexonomy:

Most bankers i know are muslim and anybody who is interested in banking job wether xtian or muslim might get it.

Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria

Birth and education
Sanusi was born on July 31, 1961.

His father was a Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the 1960s and his grandfather was Emir of Kano and Islamic Scholar, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi. Sanusi graduated from King's College Lagos in 1977 and studied at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria earning a BSc in Economics in 1981. He then taught economics at ABU from 1983 to 1985.

He also obtained a degree in Islamic law from International University of Africa, Khartoum.

Banking career
In 1985 Sanusi joined Icon Limited (Merchant Bankers), a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust Bank of New York, and Baring Brothers of London.

He moved to the United Bank for Africa in 1997 in the Credit and Risk Management Division, rising to the position of a General Manager.

In September 2005, he joined the Board of First Bank of Nigeria as an Executive Director in charge of Risk and Management Control, and was appointed Group Managing Director (CEO) in January 2009. He was also the Chairman, Kakawa Discount House and sat on the Board of FBN Bank (UK) Limited.

Sanusi is recognized in the banking industry for his contribution towards developing a Risk Management culture in the Nigerian banking sector. First Bank is Nigeria's oldest bank and one of the biggest financial institutions in Africa.

Sanusi was the first Northerner to be appointed CEO in First Bank's history of more than a century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanusi_Lamido_Sanusi
Re: Bank Jobs And Muslims: Why Muslims Are Not Many As Bank Worker! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Op u don see

(1) (Reply)

Documentary: The Rise And Growth Of Shia Islam In Nigeria / Islam Flourishes In Mexico / Ex Footballer Convert To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.