Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? (7124 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Why Does The Scriptures Not Permit Singles To Have Sex? / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Ejisz: 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
hi peps.. Drop your favourite verse of the bible by quoting it. And tell us when you always reflect back to that scriptures and why... Lets keep them coming. You might touch someones heart unknowinly. John 3:16 "for God so love the word,that he gave his only begothen son,that whosoever beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlastig life.... Life and love works pari-pasu.. God is love and love is good... If you can trully love yourself enough, then you will certainly find it less difficult to love your brother.. If we can exhibit love in all we do, then we wont have to worry about hell on earth coz it will be an easy way of not breaking the ten commandments..... Truezzzz.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by JeSoul(f): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
^nice thread. You didn't post your own now smiley

For me it has to be:

2 Corinthians 5:15 - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

It reminds me my life is not my own and I have to reflect that in my daily choices - and that my purpose is His purpose and never to lose sight of that truth.

8 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Yvete(f): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
I wrote this on a whiteboard in my bedroom - smiley

I Chron 17 vs 16-20 (GNT)
16 ... “I am not worthy of what you have already done for me, Lord God, nor is my family. Yet now you are doing even more; you have made promises about my descendants in the years to come, and you, Lord God, are already treating me like someone great. What more can I say to you! You know me well, and yet you honor me, your servant daughter. It was your will and purpose to do this for me and to show me my future greatness. Lord, there is none like you; we have always known that you alone are God.

(By faith, I take this as a confirmation of what is to come.) grin

6 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Ejisz: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
i have been trying to reson the book of john 1:1... "in the begining was the word and the word was with God,and the word was God.... It dates back to the creation days and it enables me see reasons why atheists can never be right.... And it awakens me to the task ahead.. Preaching to telling others about God and our purpose in life.

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yeah, nice thread. I guess I used to have favorites but for a few years, it's like the moment, the situation, the battle decides which maneuver of the Sword to use.

Recently though, it has been Psalm 103:14

he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Matthew 28:20

lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by enilove(m): 1:22am On Feb 20, 2013
Ejisz: i have been trying to reson the book of gen 1:1... "in the begining was the world and the world was with God,and the world was God.... It dates back to the creation days and it enables me see reasons why atheists can never be right.... And it awakens me to the task ahead.. Preaching to telling others about God and our purpose in life.

That Bible reference is wrong.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Pls this thread is for christians to share their favorite scriptures. If you want to discuss scripture verses in the negative, debate or discuss anything you can open a separate thread. Thanks.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
HERE IS MY FAV

DANIEL 7 VS 18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
JeSoul: Pls this thread is for christians to share their favorite scriptures. If you want to discuss scripture verses in the negative, debate or discuss anything you can open a separate thread. Thanks.
HEY HEY NOW BOSS LADY. TRUST ALL IS WELL
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by JeSoul(f): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
obadiah777: HEY HEY NOW BOSS LADY. TRUST ALL IS WELL
Bossman! we thank the Good Lord. Been a short minute we've seen you. Hope all is sunshine brother smiley.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
JeSoul: Bossman! we thank the Good Lord. Been a short minute we've seen you. Hope all is sunshine brother smiley.
. ALL IS ALWAYS SUNSHINE MY SIS. IF YAH BE FOR US WHO CAN BE AGAINT US RIGHT ? LOL I BE ALL OVER THE FRONT-PAGE LATELY. I STILL COME HERE THOUGH. ITS JUST THAT WHEN I BROWSE I HAVE NOT BEEN FINDING ANY MEATY TOPICS THAT I CAN SINK MY TEETH INTO. SO I FIGURE, IF I WOULD WALLOW IN FOLLY TOPICS, I BETTER GO TO THE KING OF FOLLY TOPICS >>> THE FRONT-PAGE. grin
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
How well do you know your culture?
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by hustla242: 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts...so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it

Is 55:8-11

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Bryancrox(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Peter i know,Paul i know,Jesus i know.What else do yhu want? John 11:35 jesus wept

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
It does not belong to an earthling man even to direct his steps. Jeremiah 10:23

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
Prov 5.19 “let her br. Eeast satisfy you“ yummyyyy!!!!!
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by tevinsolt: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Philippians 2

4 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Scarpon(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
god forgive me I don't even know anything in bible

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by femi4: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejisz: i have been trying to reson the book of gen 1:1... "in the begining was the world and the world was with God,and the world was God.... It dates back to the creation days and it enables me see reasons why atheists can never be right.... And it awakens me to the task ahead.. Preaching to telling others about God and our purpose in life.
Gen 1:1 ke? No be John 1:1
And its even "word" not "world"

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by dlight1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
Psalm 90:12 is my favourite bible verse. "so teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
This scripture when properly applied will help to guide all of our actions reminding us we do not own our lives and that we would give account of how we live here on earth whether we do good or not there is a reward

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
Prov 21v1
"The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord,Like the rivers of water;He turns it wherever He wishes".

and

Prov 22v1
"A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches,Loving favor rather than silver and gold".

Plus others......

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejisz: i have been trying to reson the book of gen 1:1... "in the begining was the world and the world was with God,and the world was God....
u got everitin wrong frm d scripture to d wordings,... Is it word or world?
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Rev 21:3,4
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by salt1: 2:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
"It came to pass" repeated so many times in the New Testament

A strong reminder that everything, the good, the bad and the ugly will all come to pass. nothing is permanent except the reality of eternity.

Even this thread shall come to pass

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by freecocoa(f): 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him will not perisheth but haveth everlasting life.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by toloruni: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Job 4-17:shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by femi4: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Corinthians 10:12.
For we dare not make ourselves of the
number, or compare ourselves with
some that commend themselves: but
they measuring themselves by
themselves, and comparing themselves
among themselves, are not wise.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by jeddyMay(f): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know: JER: 33:3

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by jidewash(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
JeSoul: ^nice thread. You didn't post your own now smiley

For me it has to be:

2 Corinthians 5:15 - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

It reminds me my life is not my own and I have to reflect that in my daily choices - and that my purpose is His purpose and never to lose sight of that truth.this is what xtianity is about,no greater/deeper definition

I love this rhema

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

1 Corinthians 15:10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins / The Dangers Of Religious Fundamentalism To Intellectualism / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.