Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? (871 Views)

Greencard/us Passport Application Issues, Please Advise Now / Questions About New E-passport Application Process / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? by U1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hi, everyone in here. Please, a quick question for those in the know. I'll appreciate useful opinions.

I used to think applications for Nigerian passport are suppose to be done online. But after reading a lot here and elsewhere online, I observed that process usually leads to delays. So I decided to go make enquiry at one disheveled immigration office in my LGA. There was no mention of online application and I was told to come with N18,000 for processing when ready. Please, does this sound right? Or something fishy somewhere? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? by Plum70: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Applications are done online here in the UK, most of mainland Europe (where there is a Nigerian Consulate) and the US.

I imagine that in Nigeria, with less than reliable IT infrastructure, it is more logical and practical to apply in person.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? by calebo10(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nigeria passport is been done online everywhere, you can log on to www.immigration.gov.ng, fill the form and print them out by yourself with your appointment date at the immigration office. But the problem with this is that it will take longer time before you could finish and get your passport. The other option is that you will pay them in the immigration office and they do the necessary procesing for you and you get your passport instantly. I did mine around 15,000#.
GOOD LUCK.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? by thebaft: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
The applications are done online. The imigration officer will fill in your details on your behalf and smile away with your NGN10,000.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application: This Sounds Right? by U1(m): 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for your input, everyone.

calebo10: Nigeria passport is been done online everywhere, you can log on to www.immigration.gov.ng, fill the form and print them out by yourself with your appointment date at the immigration office. But the problem with this is that it will take longer time before you could finish and get your passport. The other option is that you will pay them in the immigration office and they do the necessary procesing for you and you get your passport instantly. I did mine around 15,000#.
GOOD LUCK.

Man, when and where did you do it?

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Apply For This? / Traveling Soon? Here Are 5 Traditional Souvenirs To Buy / 3 Quick Ways To Get Your Visa Application Approved By Foreign Embassies In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.