Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree (12518 Views)

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California / Should Guns Be Outlawed In America. Another Shooting Spree / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by mrchimex(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
TUSTIN, California — A chaotic shooting spree early Tuesday through Orange County, Calif., left four people dead, including the shooter, and two others injured before the man stopped and shot himself to death in a stolen car, police said.

There were multiple crime scenes in Tustin and Orange and many more victims who were shot at but unhurt, Tustin Lt. Paul Garaven said.The shootings began at 4:45 a.m. when deputies responding to a call found a female shot multiple times in a house in Ladera Ranch, said Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. The city is in the southern part of the suburban county about 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

From 5:30 a.m. to 5:55 a.m., Tustin police received reports of shootings in several locations, Tustin police Supervisor Dave Kanoti.

The motive for the shootings was unclear, and it's also unclear if the victims knew each other or the shooter, Amormino said.

"I do not believe any of the victims are related to each other. It might have been a random thing," he said. "We just don't know."

The first call that came in was at Red Hill Avenue and Interstate 5. Police arrived and determined a carjacking had occurred and that victim was uninjured. An innocent bystander who was hit by gunfire was taken to a hospital, Garaven said.The next call was at State Route 55 and McFadden Avenue. Another carjacking occurred and that victim died, Garaven said.

The last call was about a man with a gun, he said, at Edinger Avenue east of the 55. An officer arrived and found two more victims — one dead and the other injured.

Officers located the man and followed him into the city of Orange, Garaven said.

"When they tried to stop, he killed himself in the car," Garaven said.

The suspect is a male, although Garaven couldn't confirm his age. He didn't have the sexes of all the victims.

The lieutenant said the suspect succeeded in stealing a vehicle at each carjacking.

"There have been other people coming forward saying they were shot at or their cars were shot at," he said, but so far none had reported any serious injury.

The conditions of the wounded victims were unknown.

A spokeswoman for the California Highway Patrol said they didn't have any active crime scenes on the freeway but the southbound 55 McFadden Avenue off-ramp would be closed until further notice.

Authorities were processing six crime scenes across the county.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8NZgYmRK0

http://www.policeone.com/mass-casualty/articles/6124705-At-least-3-dead-in-Calif-shooting-spree/
http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/mass-shooting-in-california-with-at-least-3-dead.html
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by sgd: 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by dulaman: 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
OMG. Boko haram again.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by valdubem(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just four? Mtschewwww!
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by luvbeloved(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Is this end time or wat? Na wa o!
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by BedLam: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
I think its high time we issue a travel warning too!

homepage no comment? how far na?

11 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by hrmkz: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
God's own country at it again!
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by OluEmmaAss: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
What is d world turning to?
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Gun control needs to be enacted now! These rampages are getting out of hand.
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Chrisfab: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
D shooter dey form james bond
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by sobastical: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oh my God, not again.....what's obama gonna do with this gun licence of a thing sef
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Madness Spree...get high,cöck a gun,and pull the trigger at any moving object.
Some peeps need help.
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by zibe(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Here they go again...
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by ibraivory: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
I am d 1st person. Nt again in Caf. R.I.P
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by dayotheone(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
no body owns the highest protection but God

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
I love AMERICAAAAAAAA even atomic bomb blow self
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by GUNZnROSES(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvbeloved: Is this end time or wat? Na wa o!

Must you attribute violence of such to end time? you dont have to display your protruded ignorance on the alter of social media..It happened before your father and father's father were born and we are still living till today..violence is what makes us human

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by dollypi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is what happens when people are addicted to Grand Theft Auto. One day one day, they must act it out in real life.

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by dayotheone(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
pple get angry easily this days cos the end is near...well, for me, the best gun control is to avoid using and selling this gun itself..
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by AbouNazir(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is becoming a fad. I am for gun control. People campaigning against it will sing a new song when their families or friends become victims. Heck! A liberal society like the US should put a leash on gun ownership. The rest of the world is laughing at us. America will not self-destruct! cry
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by ndlife: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
God save us
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by dradoyi(m): 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
TB joshua said it n its happening...
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
America is not safe, I advise all Nigerians living in that country to be very careful and should not enter public gatherings at odd hours. The proliferation of guns in that country even in the hands of suicidal Americans is a lethal combo.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
ITS ONLY AMERICANS. ITS WHAT THEY DO BEST. KILL EACH OTHER, THAT IS. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL WIPE EACH OTHER OFF THE PLANET

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by toyeoye(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
val_dubem: Just four? Mtschewwww!
4 no reach?may God forgive u and ur yeye post
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
No country is safe crime can happen any where at any time I always pray to be on the safe side when any crime occur

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by 50calibre(m): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
This mass shootings are now happening frequently now, 2 weeks ago it was Christopher donner, now it's another guy.
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
And this is perpetrated by a lone person? What was his motive? He suceeded in jacking a car from all the crime scenes? He actually started this his happy trigger business by 4:45 and wasnt caught even until after 5:55 and was only intercepted after he was done wit his business? Why does this sound to me like Naija security operatives incompetency personified?
unfortunately no one is likely going to know his motive. SORRY!

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
Cally for life baby. That's how we do it baby grin grin grin. People get shot every minute here
Re: 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree by manny4life(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hmm, America isn't safe anymore, random shootings here and there. People have to be watchful, reason why you won't see me anywhere the SE DC area, mbanu... I love my sweet life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Somali Government Bans Tiktok, Telegram, 1XBET / Denmark To Join EU Defence Policy After Historic Vote / Bow To Russia, The Most Powerful Military On Earth [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.