Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? (759 Views)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Please Advice A Bed-wetting Nairalander. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? by waleadex(m): 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Two women were discussing about this in a taxi but I was lucky not to be asked of my own opinion because I never had an answer.Come to think of it I think it is a problem but I want to be sure.I respect opinions of fellow NLders hence I ask what you think.
Thanks!
Re: Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? by slimyem: 12:11am On Feb 20, 2013
It could be both..
That its natural doesn't make it less of a problem.
No parent would be proud of a child bedwetting at age 13undecided
Its indiscipline.undecided
Re: Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? by waleadex(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2013
slimyem: It could be both..
That its natural doesn't make it less of a problem.
No parent would be proud of a child bedwetting at age 13undecided
Its indiscipline.undecided
I agree with you but 'indiscipline' huh!
Re: Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? by greatgod2012(f): 1:25am On Feb 20, 2013
waleadex:
I agree with you but 'indiscipline' huh!

yes, slimyem is absolutely right, its indiscipline......how can a 13yrs old child still be bedwetting.........indiscipline on d part of d parent and on d part of d child.
There are two types of bedwetting.....
1. Primary or natural bedwetting.
2. Secondary bedwetting.
When its primary, it means d child has never for once stopped bedwetting, regardless of d age, so, if d subject of this thread has never stopped bedwetting before, then its natural/primary.
Its secondary if d subject has stopped bedwetting for at least 6months before, only to start bedwettimg again........this is what we "africans" or let me say "yorubas" usually called "afise" ie unnatural or problematic bedwetting.
In d first case, it means d brain of d subject is growing slowly, ie, d level of his maturity is relatively lower than that of his/her peers.....or as a result of small bladder capacity.....in that case, d parent has work to do to help d child stop bedwetting.......like monitoring d child of his intake of liquids, after 6pm, let d child have his dinner by 6pm, with little liquid, and anytime after 7pm, no more liquid again, and d part of d parent is to ensure that they wake him up consistently, may be every 12am, 2am and 5am everyday, so that, his body system will get used to d time, and will have to wake by himself to ease himself.
In d secondary bedwetting, a doctor need to be consulted.
May God help us all.
Re: Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem? by waleadex(m): 6:46am On Feb 20, 2013
greatgod2012:

yes, slimyem is absolutely right, its indiscipline......how can a 13yrs old child still be bedwetting.........indiscipline on d part of d parent and on d part of d child.
There are two types of bedwetting.....
1. Primary or natural bedwetting.
2. Secondary bedwetting.
When its primary, it means d child has never for once stopped bedwetting, regardless of d age, so, if d subject of this thread has never stopped bedwetting before, then its natural/primary.
Its secondary if d subject has stopped bedwetting for at least 6months before, only to start bedwettimg again........this is what we "africans" or let me say "yorubas" usually called "afise" ie unnatural or problematic bedwetting.
In d first case, it means d brain of d subject is growing slowly, ie, d level of his maturity is relatively lower than that of his/her peers.....or as a result of small bladder capacity.....in that case, d parent has work to do to help d child stop bedwetting.......like monitoring d child of his intake of liquids, after 6pm, let d child have his dinner by 6pm, with little liquid, and anytime after 7pm, no more liquid again, and d part of d parent is to ensure that they wake him up consistently, may be every 12am, 2am and 5am everyday, so that, his body system will get used to d time, and will have to wake by himself to ease himself.
In d secondary bedwetting, a doctor need to be consulted.
May God help us all.
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Children From S*xual Abuse / Should A Married Woman Do A Live-in Nanny, Or Live-in Private Duty Nursing Job? / What Would U Wish To Change In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.