Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate (1184 Views)

why Does Science Cotradict Religion? / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by cyrexx: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKNd_S3iXfs

Pls, I plead with everyone to watch the debate first and make comments based on the debate.

The debaters were
1.Dinesh D'Souza (A popular Christian apologist)
2.Ian Hutchinson ( Professor of Nuclear Science and
Engineering, MIT)

VS

3.Lawrence Krauss (Director, Origins Project and
Foundation Professor, ASU )
4. Michael Shermer (Founding Publisher of Skeptic
magazine)

In case, you want a transcript of the debate, you can download the pdf here http://intelligencesquaredus.org/images/debates/past/transcripts/120512%20science%20god.pdf
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by ooman(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
according to the transcript which i downloaded, the evolutionists AND ATHEISTS won. GREAT NEWS

Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by ghostofsparta(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman: according to the transcript which i downloaded, the evolutionists AND ATHEISTS won. GREAT NEWS
Hey I'm downloading it now in HD, 1.15GB, where'd you got the transcript from? I'd like to have it subtitled
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by cyrexx: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2013
ghostofsparta:
Hey I'm downloading it now in HD, 1.15GB, where'd you got the transcript from? I'd like to have it subtitled

I supplied the pdf transcript download link with the op.
Pls check the op, thanks
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2013
I watched the video long time ago.

The scientists/atheist won because they presented their case and destroyed the intelligent design argument that was the main crux of the oppositions argument.

The theists were always on the backfoot redefining God. Lawrence Kraus is a scientific Christopher hitchens- he bashes the oppositions points without hesitance
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
Logicboy03: I watched the video long time ago.

The scientists/atheist won because they presented their case and destroyed the intelligent design argument that was the main crux of the oppositions argument.

The theists were always on the backfoot redefining God. Lawrence Kraus is a scientific Christopher hitchens- he bashes the oppositions points without hesitance

Dinesh Desouza also made many false arguments in which he was debunked

Dinesh failed when he tried to use an argument ad populum; he said that if 95% of people in a village said they knew a guy called bill and 5% claimed that there is no bill, it is more reasonable to believe that the 5% are ignorant of bill and the 95% truly know bill. He then used it to say that most people believe in god and they spend money on religion thereby putting the burden of proof on the minority that disbelieve in god.

Dinesh was countered by Krauss to the delight of the audience- human beings have a disposition to be religious and to believe in certain things but it doesnt mean that the religion or beliefs are right. It is not a proof of God but a proof that humans have a disposition to believe or act in a certain way
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by ghostofsparta(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
I find The Big Questions debates extremely interesting, but I know I am going to enjoy this too
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
ghostofsparta: I find The Big Questions debates extremely interesting, but I know I am going to enjoy this too

Anyone with an open mind will enjoy these debates smiley

If only we could organise things like this in Nigeria
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by ooman4: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anyone with an open mind will enjoy these debates smiley

I HAVE A DREAM ABOUT THAT
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

I HAVE A DREAM ABOUT THAT

nice smiley
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by ghostofsparta(m): 2:35am On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03: Anyone with an open mind will enjoy these debates smiley
Very true.
Logicboy03:
I have always thought about that, a live TV debate show here in Nigeria, I came up with titles like "Beliefs Collides","The Shocking Truth Debates" and "Who Dare Speaks", but I think we may have a rough time getting interested sponsors/producers here in this over-religious nation except if we are to pull it off ourselves. But I strongly think we ought to initiate it from a website/debate forum. Nairaland should have had special sections for Freethinkers|Pagan|Atheist. Ya feel me? I've temporarily suspend working on <<RAPS<<, e no izy. Just watch out some day.

1 Like

Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by manmustwac(m): 4:13am On Feb 24, 2013
Is there anyway I can download this from youtube?
Re: Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 24, 2013
manmustwac: Is there anyway I can download this from youtube?

I normally use internet download manager (a software) but not free

all you need is a downloader app. Just google "youtube downloader" and you will find many apps that you can install for free and download youtube videos.

JD downloader is a free software that I also use

(1) (Reply)

Nazarene Judaism(Yahudim) Israel Of Nigeria / Wonderful Word Of Mighty God / Foriegn Policy Magazine Rank Deeper Life As The Largest Mega-church In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.