Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (31035 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Is God A Creature Or A Creator?. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
Trinitarians insist that you worship a different God if you do not have a three-person-God as they do. Therefore, by their own admission, they have a different God than Jesus did and Jesus' God was a different God than their God. Jesus' God was not a Trinity, a Triune being, a three-person-God. His God was a one-person-being, his Father alone. Will Trinitarians then confess that their God is a different God than Jesus' God?

Oddly enough, they implicitly do confess their God is a different God than Jesus' God. My God, for example, is exactly the same as Jesus' God. His God was the Father alone and my God is the Father alone. But since my God is not their three person God, Trinitarians insist that necessarily means I have a different God than they do.

But if I have a different God than Trinitarians do, then so did/does Jesus my Lord. My God is his Father alone and his God was, and is, his Father alone. They are identical.

What then does this tell you about the men who desire to persecute those who do not serve their God but rather serve the exact same God as Jesus?

Why would you want to have a different God than Jesus?

I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.
- Jesus my Lord

Jesus has made us to be kings and priests to His God and Father.
-John

You turned to the God from idols to serve a Living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.
- Paul

Jesus has made his disciples to be kings and priests to who? To his God and Father. That's the God Jesus' disciples serve, the Lord's God, his Father alone, Jesus' God and Father.

Jesus served his Father alone as his only true God. He instructs his disciples that his God is their God. Yet Trinitarians claim that serving the Father alone is to have a "different God." And indeed, they will even claim that to have a different God than the Trinity means you cannot be a Christian and you will not be saved.

But Jesus had a different God than the Trinity. His God was not the Trinity but was the Father alone. Have Trinitarians then condemned Jesus for having a different God?

6 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
I once told a trinitarian here on this forum that a. Follower of christ must imitate Jesus in worshipping the God Jesus himself worshipped.......

Jesus set a fine example on how we should worship and who we should worship.....

Let all trinitarians remember::::

The God of Jesus Christ should be their and is their God..........

They should be humble enough to really follow Jesus........

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by PastorKun(m): 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Frosbel
I think you are getting too obsessed about this trinity issue even though I agree with you it is a pagan doctrine which contradicts biblical teachings.

@trinitarians
Below is a food for thought

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Ptolomeus(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Frosbel

think I must be sick ... but for once I agree with you (lol)
Their passages are interesting, it should also read about the Council of Nicea 325 AD.
The Trinity is an invention of Constantine. An invention which has been embraced coon all his might, Catholicism and many Christian factions.
My respects.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ptolomeus: @Frosbel

think I must be sick ... but for once I agree with you (lol)
Their passages are interesting, it should also read about the Council of Nicea 325 AD.
The Trinity is an invention of Constantine. An invention which has been embraced coon all his might, Catholicism and many Christian factions.
My respects.

Thank you, we are now friends, right ? At least for this week grin

Peace !!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Ptolomeus(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
frosbel:

Thank you, we are now friends, right ? At least for this week grin

Peace !!
Lol, Frosbel ... hopefully be friends forever!
We must not confuse religion with friendship ...
I have discussed very hard with several friends, but believe me, I have a great appreciation for them.
Maybe we do not we agree on some issues, and to discuss (that's part of life), but honestly tell you my friendship.
Thanks to you.
Peace!
A sincere hug!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Lol, Frosbel ... hopefully be friends forever!
We must not confuse religion with friendship ...
I have discussed very hard with several friends, but believe me, I have a great appreciation for them.
Maybe we do not we agree on some issues, and to discuss (that's part of life), but honestly tell you my friendship.
Thanks to you.
Peace!
A sincere hug!

Thank You Pal.

have a nice day.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by nedostic: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
@Frosbel,

Like Pastor Kun, hinted, there is a bit of obsession on your part on this topic.

Honestly, we all cannot be on the same spiritual page most times despite we all profess Christendom.

Contentions on doctrines have always been evident in the church(es) even during the days of the Apostles. I believe this in a way shows the fallibility and 'plurality(here, in terms of ideologies/human inventions')of(wo)men.

I remember reading vividly from the NT about Apostle Paul having to counsel some Christians on the need not to create a doctrine out of him and Peter.

Its equally a known fact albeit historically documented that so many Christianity as it was practised in the days of the Apostles or the early Christians have taken a paradigm shift from biblical doctrines to supposedly 'men-doctrines'.

The Holy Book(Bible) bears record as well that in the latter times(our present time and maybe futuristic time as well) that there would be a great departure from the truth.The Bible is always right on spot when it comes to predictions of events!This is one area I place much premium on the Bible(kindly permit my digression here!!

BTW:There are so many things we cannot get right in the present day Christendom because of the church structure/hierarchy.Anyway, we can only hope and pray for the mercy of God to locate us even in our errors!

That the trinity dogma is confusing and lacks human coherence is a known fact but one thing I might equally say that the Almighty God would most likely not condemn one for being a 'TRINITARIAN',given that our understanding of scriptures differ and of import is each individual's level of grace.

NB: I am not in anyway holding brief for the Almighty God.God forbid!Even at my present state, I am so unworthy to judge anyone based on what (s)he professes. Only the Creator of the living and the dead is righteous to pass judgement(s)

In rounding off, we(all)know in part and only our ever-loving and living Creator knows in whole.We appreciate your findings or should I say your quest for truth. I believe so many of us have benefited immensely from Trinity topics so far.I think its time to move on even though this topic seems inexhaustible.

God bless us all!

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by mkmyers45(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
Frosbel, Do you shout trinity in your sleep?
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by mazaje(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
mkmyers45: Frosbel, Do you shout trinity in your sleep?

LWKMD. . . .
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
mkmyers45: Frosbel, Do you shout trinity in your sleep?
probably the female in the matrix.. lol..
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
When you have believed a LIE for almost all your life and suddenly realise it was a LIE, it sends you on a mission to research and investigate the root of this LIE.

Anyway , last topic on the Pagan Trinity , I promise grin
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Ptolomeus(m): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
probably the female in the matrix.. lol..
Brother.
It is the first time I agree with Fros ...
Both are against Trinity ...
Please ... do not hit him!
Lol!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hermano.
Es la primera vez que yo estoy de acuerdo con Fros...
Ambos estamos en contra de la trinidad...
Por favor...no lo golpeen a él!
Lol!

Brother.
Lol!

grin grin
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Ptolomeus(m): 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel:

Brother.
Lol!

grin grin
Fros ...
I'm so excited thatI 'm going to write in Chinese!
Hahahaha!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by truthislight: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
A lamp cannot be lit and kept under the measuring basket but rather, it will be lit and kept on the top of the table so that it will shine for all men to see.

Love your neighbour as you love yourself.
Peace

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2012
The problems inherent in clearly explaining the Trinity are expressed in nearly every technical article or book on the subject.

The New Catholic Encyclopaedia begins:
"It is difficult,in the second half of the 20th century, to offer a clear, objective, and straightforward account of the revelation, doctrinal
evolution,and the theological elaboration of the mystery of the Trinity. Trinitarian discussion, Roman Catholic as well as other, presents a somewhat unsteady silhouette" (vol.14, p. 295).

The concept of the Trinity, in every possible respect, is an impossibility and contradiction, and causes many basic aspects of the teaching of Scripture to break down. As pointed out before, God is not the author of confusion, and because the doctrine of the Trinity is confusing,it is most unlikely that God is the author of it. Certainly, His Word does not support it.

Jesus said it is life eternal to KNOW the only true God (Jn. 17). This implies that God's oneness is knowable - it can be understood. And it is not something that can be only understood by the highly intellectual. No,it can be understood by the simple, unschooled, uneducated "nobodies" whom God calls and for whom Jesus was praying (1 Cor. 1:26). There is a "simplicity" in the gospel and its preservation is worth contending for in order that people might be full of enlightenment and not dark mystery and confusion.

No Christian is duty bound to believe in the Trinity if he cannot understand or prove it from the Word of God. He is rather duty bound to base his convictions on, and prove them from the Word of God. There is good ground for deep suspicion when the Church sets up a major doctrine which has to be believed for salvation, but which is unintelligible and mysterious, and cannot be supported by the Bible

"A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof" (Pr.14:15). "
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by mrperfect(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
Very interesting.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Accroding to the Bible, God is not a Trinity. Neither the doctrine nor idea exists in the Bible. The idea developed after the death of Christ and the Apostles.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by henrychubayo: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
The word trinity, can anyone show me where it is in the bible. Should we adopt doctrine just because others are doing so. I need to see that word in the bible plz
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by maclatunji: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
TroGunn: Accroding to the Bible, God is not a Trinity. Neither the doctrine nor idea exists in the Bible. The idea developed after the death of Christ and the Apostles.

So why is the concept sold to the world as Christianity's basic belief?

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by stagger: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
God forbid that I will use the brain of my fellow man to explain his nature. God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one and the same. That said, the word "Trinity" was never used in the bible and is a man-made word used to describe the tripartite nature of God.

Mr OP, good luck to you on your exposition.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
maclatunji:

So why his the concept sold to the world as Christianity's basic belief.

Sold by the catholic church along with Mary and other non-Christian doctrines and implemented by FORCE.

I hope you know that not only Muslims and Jews were killed for rejecting this madness, thousands of Christians who held to ONE GOD were burnt at the stake, tortured, exiled and humiliated.

6 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
stagger: God forbid that I will use the brain of my fellow man to explain his nature. God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one and the same. That said, the word "Trinity" was never used in the bible and is a man-made word used to describe the tripartite nature of God.

Mr OP, good luck to you on your exposition.

GOD is ONE , stop dividing HIM.

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by tantan: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
As a muslim, there is nothing like trinity. We believe that there is only one true God, he begetteth not nor was he begotten and there is none like unto him.

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by EzePromoe: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
[size=36pt]The Holy Trinity which is God the Father (Almighty), God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God) are one just as you (human being) have your spirit, soul and body. PERIOD![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Wadasco(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
there is no other God than ALLAH, so therefre don't worship any God than hem......

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
Eze Promoe: The Holy Trinity which is God the Father (Almighty), God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God) are one just as you (human being) have your spirit, soul and body. PERIOD!

But me , my soul and spirit equals to ONE Person not THREE , no ?

Trinity implies 3 Persons !
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by kooto(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel: Trinitarians insist that you worship a different God if you do not have a three-person-God as they do. Therefore, by their own admission, they have a different God than Jesus did and Jesus' God was a different God than their God. Jesus' God was not a Trinity, a Triune being, a three-person-God. His God was a one-person-being, his Father alone. Will Trinitarians then confess that their God is a different God than Jesus' God?

Oddly enough, they implicitly do confess their God is a different God than Jesus' God. My God, for example, is exactly the same as Jesus' God. His God was the Father alone and my God is the Father alone. But since my God is not their three person God, Trinitarians insist that necessarily means I have a different God than they do.

But if I have a different God than Trinitarians do, then so did/does Jesus my Lord. My God is his Father alone and his God was, and is, his Father alone. They are identical.

What then does this tell you about the men who desire to persecute those who do not serve their God but rather serve the exact same God as Jesus?
I think you are also abit confused about this trinity thing like the trinitarian that you had an encounter with,[from your explanation] both of you are worshipping thesame God the father of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, TRINITY simply means FATHER=GOD, SON=JESUS CHRIST & HOLY SPIRIT or what others refer to as GOD the father,GOD the Son, GOD the HOLY GHOST. it's as simple as that.

Why would you want to have a different God than Jesus?

I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.
- Jesus my Lord

Jesus has made us to be kings and priests to His God and Father.
-John

You turned to the God from idols to serve a Living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.
- Paul

Jesus has made his disciples to be kings and priests to who? To his God and Father. That's the God Jesus' disciples serve, the Lord's God, his Father alone, Jesus' God and Father.

Jesus served his Father alone as his only true God. He instructs his disciples that his God is their God. Yet Trinitarians claim that serving the Father alone is to have a "different God." And indeed, they will even claim that to have a different God than the Trinity means you cannot be a Christian and you will not be saved.

But Jesus had a different God than the Trinity. His God was not the Trinity but was the Father alone. Have Trinitarians then condemned Jesus for having a different God?
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by EzePromoe: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

But me , my soul and spirit and body equals to ONE Person not THREE , no ?

Trinity implies 3 Persons !

The word 'trinity' is a latin derivative which translates to English as 'three in one.' And that's the meaning not three persons, just like your spirit, soul and body.
@ bolded,
That's exactly what trinity is.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Eze Promoe:
The word 'trinity' is a latin derivative which translates to English as 'three in one.' And that's the meaning not three persons, just like your spirit, soul and body.

Okay.

Can you show me just ONE scripture where GOD , the prophets or Jesus suggested that GOD is 3.

I promise for everyone verse you bring , I will bring 20 verses from the same bible that confirm that GOD is ONE and he is the FATHER, YAHWEH, the owner and giver of LIFE , indeed there is none like him.

He loved us so much that he begat a Son with flesh and blood to save us from our sins and grant unto us eternal life.

God is LOVE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / "You Can’t Force Islamic Studies On Our Children" - PFN, Bishop Oyedepo Warn / Pope Francis Makes First Visit To The Arabian Peninsula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.