Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Shocked Emenike Out For 8 Weeks - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shocked Emenike Out For 8 Weeks (571 Views)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Emenike Out Of Sunday Final / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocked Emenike Out For 8 Weeks by tbaba1234: 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Shocked Emenike out for 8 weeks

Emmanuel Emenike will miss next month’s World Cup qualifier against Kenya as his hamstring injury will keep him out for 8 weeks.

Spartak Moscow striker Emenike suffered the injury during the recent AFCON in South Africa and has now said he is shocked he will be out for that long after Eagles doctors said he will only besidelined for two weeks.

Emenike revealed to MTNFootball.com from his team's training camp in Spain that Spartak Moscow's team doctor after thorough examination on his leg told him he will be out for next two months against the two weeks the Eagles medical staff said.

“I expected the medics with the national team to tell me how long I would be out of action, they gave me wrong information that I will be out for two weeks, but that was a lie and I am not happy with it. On getting to my team's camp here in Spain, they told me I will be out for eight weeks after examination,” Emenike disclosed.

“I should have been told right from South Africa that I will be out for this long, rather than coming to discover here at my club. It was not funny at all.”

Emenike futher told MTNFootball.com: “After doing well for Nigeria at Nations Cup, my club expected me to come back and perform better and not to return with injury when I am needed."

The big striker admitted this is a big blow to him and his Russian club.

“I don’t know what to say because this is a big setback for me and my club,” he said.

“I was as desperate as anything to return back to action for my club but it was a different story entirely here but all the same, I hope to be back for good and better soon.”

http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/news/2013/feb/20-shocked-emenike-out-for-8-weeks.html

(1) (Reply)

Blco / What's Your Favourite Sport? / Sloane Stephens Take On Serena Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.