Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss (1218 Views)

Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss by Realjude(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
I realy need somebody to help out in this theory of igbo origin, 'the igbo came from nowhere'
Re: The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss by ChinenyeN(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
There is no one theory of Igbo origin, because many Igbo groups claim different origins and even consider themselves unrelated to other Igbo people. There are some Igbo groups that can trace their origins from outside their present location (i.e. Onicha, Arochukwu, Nri, etc.). Then there are those groups who cannot seem to trace their origin anywhere outside of the present locality (i.e. Mbaise, Ngwa, Oru, Isu, etc.)

That is where you get the "Igbo came from nowhere" thing. Essentially, these groups have been settled where they are for so long that they no longer have any memory of ever migrating into the area. In social science, this is called autochthonous, and in the dialect of some of the autochthonous Igbo groups, it is called nfulala (born or sprung straight from the land).
Re: The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2013
Realjude: I realy need somebody to help out in this theory of igbo origin, 'the igbo came from nowhere'
where are you from and where are your people from ?
Re: The Igbo Came From Nowhere-discuss by nobniger: 1:51am On Feb 24, 2013
Don't know the answer but the girls are so yummy

(1) (Reply)

Functionality Of Igbo Chiefs / Great Inventions Of Black People / Hausa, Igbo And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.