Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven (3474 Views)

Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri / Where Is Oduduwa Really From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Oduduwa was a poor blind woman who came from the East, from heaven.

Poor blind woman.

Who came from the East.

Who descended from heaven.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
First off, heaven is where God lives;

Heaven is where all the beautiful things are, heaven is where God lives. There is a dichotomy of understanding for the word 'Heaven' here, heaven in terms of a spiritual, mental place; and heaven as a real physical place.

Heaven as a physical place;

Deuteronomy 11:21
That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth

Heaven as a spiritual mental place;

Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
So when the oral folklore says Oduduwa came from heaven, the interpretation is, Oduduwa came from both a spiritual place and a physical place.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
in 70AD, Jerusalem the temple of God, Heaven, was sacked by the forces of General Titus. The Jews were massacred, many fled into the wilderness; interiors of Africa.

Lamentations 2:1
How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by gatiano(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
i really have no deep knowledge into Oduduwa, i think Oduduwa is what the Yoruba calls him, other tribes across Africa call him by another name.
He was a man, and a God who is among the council of Almighty GOD (LORD GOD), Oduduwa must have been what history called Shabazz or Shabab.
He came with a people from heaven into the jungle of west Asia known today as sub-sahara africa down till south africa. he came here 50,000 years ago. reason to make the blackman stronger, that whatever will happen in this universe, the blackman will live. Heaven is/was on earth. GOD came down too from heaven unto the west.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by 2prexios: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2014
MrPresident1:
Oduduwa was a poor blind woman who came from the East, from heaven.

Poor blind woman.

Who came from the East.

Who descended from heaven.
Dear brother, I love that you align with the truth, but I dont know your source for this. Oduduwa was very rich, shes not poor. Can a queen mother be poor? At Ilaje, where Oduduwa temple is at my hometown, the woman overseer is called 'Alaje', meaning one who owns money. The word Odua is shorten to Odu, and its Yoruba for large or big. Odu Ayo, Odu Oya. As to Oduduwa being blind, its a misconception. What is being miscontrue is the ageless phrase, 'Odu, eleyinju ege' (Odu, the eyeful one). They have vague connection of Yoruba's archytype and feedback. But if you can teach, you need to be able to learn. Please let the teaching be one biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by 2prexios: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2014
gatiano:
i really have no deep knowledge into Oduduwa, i think Oduduwa is what the Yoruba calls him, other tribes across Africa call him by another name.
He was a man, and a God who is among the council of Almighty GOD (LORD GOD), Oduduwa must have been what history called Shabazz or Shabab.
He came with a people from heaven into the jungle of west Asia known today as sub-sahara africa down till south africa. he came here 50,000 years ago. reason to make the blackman stronger, that whatever will happen in this universe, the blackman will live. Heaven is/was on earth. GOD came down too from heaven unto the west.
I love your effort pal, I think 50,000 years is significant to you. Please share some knowledge about it.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2014
2prexios:
Dear brother, I love that you align with the truth, but I dont know your source for this. Oduduwa was very rich, shes not poor. Can a queen mother be poor? At Ilaje, where Oduduwa temple is at my hometown, the woman overseer is called 'Alaje', meaning one who owns money. The word Odua is shorten to Odu, and its Yoruba for large or big. Odu Ayo, Odu Oya. As to Oduduwa being blind, its a misconception. What is being miscontrue is the ageless phrase, 'Odu, eleyinju ege' (Odu, the eyeful one). They have vague connection of Yoruba's archytype and feedback. But if you can teach, you need to be able to learn. Please let the teaching be one biko.

I am willing to learn My kind Sire.

lol. Allegories, poor blind woman, all three descriptives are allegories.

Isaiah 24:18-19
18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Revelation 2:9
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich)

Together, we will unravel the mystery of the origin of our people wink

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 9:25am On Dec 11, 2014
gatiano:

Bro, we will do it small small. She was God's wife, she came from heaven, from the land where milk and honey flowed.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by 2prexios: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2014
MrPresident1:

I am willing to learn My kind Sire.

lol. Allegories, poor blind woman, all three descriptives are allegories.

Isaiah 24:18-19
18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Revelation 2:9
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich)

Together, we will unravel the mystery of the origin of our people wink
Oh noble sire, now I understand better. Please read Isaiah 18, and 2John. Little corporal, you shall find not only riches, but you shall find glory as well. In time to come, Isaiah 26.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by gatiano(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thankyou sir. however, i am doing it for myself too, i can't live alone, my intentions is to show africans and black people that in reality, in facts and in truth, they are much more than what their brains would ever comprehend. The truth is so bright and the greatness is so profound that they think it is impossible for them to be anything without the help of others (uk,us,russia,china etc), They need us, and they have been using us not just by stealing(buying at undervalue) our resources or the other attrocities, but they are robbing us of our very essence. Some black brothers and sisters will say "don't put your failure on others or are we not hating on ourselves?" My answer is who made you/us so? I am the product of my father, my father is the product of his own father and you too, and it goes on like that.
Few years ago, when i just entered into europe, the whiteman called me nigger, and i didn't care because in truth, i did not know what it meant, few moments later, another white boy called me nigger, i replied i said yoooo! (thinking i'm acting americana), the white dude got shocked. Then black brothers around started telling me stuffs, during our time, we only see jackie chan, when i saw movie, i only saw the stunts and action, listen? it was stressful. each and everytime after that we would always get into fights with white dudes. when i look into their eyes, i saw an hatred i can't describe with it some inferiority kind of pride. Then i knew the fall of whiteman is imminent. pride leads to fall, no escape from the falling of a proud people. so for no just reason, i said i will study this people, i will know them, how they think and why a people can just for no reason hate another people. But in order for one to know other people or person, then one must know himself. History of this life and how it was created exist, not all, so the whiteman wrote books too for his children, there you would see how lies are made up and how the truth was changed, lies can't build a world or civilization, so there must be some books of truth. they gave africans some books too, but they are all lies! before you can understand the concept of mathematics and sciences, you must understand the concept of the creation, the body and the basic make up of the universe first and most of all understand the knowledge of who you are. it is all in book, in major liberaries of the world, they are the dusty books on the shelves. the whiteman says the best place to hide knowledge from the blackman is the book, he said that as truth and as deceit. they(truth) are in the books quite sure, but what books (the deceit), educational and whiteman's curriculum books where sciences of elevation and self independence is not included. The two major books are the bible and the Quran, but the whiteman has touched them and put them out of straight words into symbolic words that only a few of them might understand.

so this brought me into the knowledge of Elijah Muhammad. He preached and wrote books that the white would not comment about, he simply kept shut.
The 50,000 years of Man being in the jungles of africa (west asia jungle) is a fact. It has now been discovered or the whiteman has unearthen a human body or remains in the saudi arabia which is the same age as the one found in africa, if not older, but they can't publicly say that it is a blackman.
To understand how the blackman tells time, you must understand a basic astronomy. There is almost 24 hrs in a day and for the earth to complete one rotation, 365 days for the earth to completely revolve around the sun tilted 23.5 degrees, so it axis slowly turns or rotates, it takes 25,000 years for the earth's axis to complete one cycle. In the beginning of every 25000 years, GOD/ALLAH will write the history into the future to end 25,000 years (in Quran, He is referred to as The Lord of the worlds), As the presidents and the kings of the world have ministers and chiefs, so does GOD/ALLAH, we have the 24 elders (as in the revelations), they are actually supreme scientists, the 24 elders divided into 2 groups. 12 major and the 12 minor. The 12 major is what is known as Exalted assembly, Eloheim, AL, Anunaaki, Aditya etc. They are Lords, and the Lord of the Lords or King of the Kings is GOD/ALLAH himself who is part of the 12 major, 12 tribes of the black people of the earth. the whiteman is 12 tribes of israel. We the black people are the 12 main tribes of GOD. about 5 billion in number. at the end of every 25,000 years this 12 major would get all reports from the last 25,000 years and statistically and with supreme mathematics they would get what will happen for the next 25,000 years. Then ALLAH/GOD would pick from them(the scriptures) what HE wants and HE directs the cause of Mens' affairs. whatever it is that is written must come to pass. in this ongoing cycle, They could not see past the 15000 years because the light was too much(as it was written) because ONE very powerful and more intelligent than all the OTHER ALLAH/GOD is seen, HIS knowledge even surpass the Originator. Meaning This ONE can even build a whole new universe is seen. He is called the prince of peace, The Son of Man. so in that same revelations, you would read 24 elders sitted around The Most High. To be continued with the 50,000 years... only there is no way i can without explaining the simple basic. i don't expect you to believe, but i would love that we should take time to know ourselves from ourselves instead from another people.

2prexios:
I love your effort pal, I think 50,000 years is significant to you. Please share some knowledge about it.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by 2prexios: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Beloved, you can never change how each individual within a race will see you so they might honour you within your own race. If we are to teach these Elijah Muhamed's new truth to our children, are we not pushing the present to future- as in, 'the struggle of the black man to be relevant in the borrowed ideas of the white man?' I don't know the need for 'syncretism of the gods and chronos'. I am afraid I don't truely need it. But I long for beautification of our realm and the rise of kindness from elected officers to the electorates. If religion will help, good. We can't continue in blame trade forever, how do we grow with lamentation? We should be capable of 'self re~invention' as a people rather than creating the talk slide to take to evade prejudice, the greatest reality in existence. I don't have issue with what people think of me, oh my God, but how to make my thought tangible enough for the same to outlive me. I wont create new mystery, I will use the ones in circulation mysteriously and that's okay.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by gatiano(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Are you saying that Elijah Muhammad teachings are borrowed from the whiteman's idea? no brother, it is the opposite, and also they tried hard to eliminate the nation of Islam, when they couldn't, they kept shut. Do you understand what keeping shut means in the face of truth?

About teaching the present leading into the future, you can't be more right, i have always thought and said the same, the more we tried, the more the children sank deep into chronic ignorance, with that a little true life story.

Abraham was a friend of GOD and he was a very clever man, One day he asked GOD "how can you ressurect a man who is already dead, would you bring all those who have been dead hundreds of years ago back to life? GOD answered with a question, "do you doubt me?" Abraham said no not at all, but i don't understand. GOD said in that case, find yourself 4 birds (eagle), tame them and train them, Abraham did, and the four birds were loyal and happy with him, Then GOD said free the birds, let them fly away south, north, west and east. Abraham did that, and then the birds came back, he must have done it several times, but the birds kept on coming back. Abraham was confused, He then later understand that everybody must get back to his source. everybody must get back to their past in order to understand the present that will lead us into the future with wisdom, knowledge, understanding to build for oneself a good foundation for a civilization. ALL the other races of the earth know almost everything about their past, so they could move and build themselves something (that the blackman feeds from) can we build for ourselves electronic grid? no! we can't. Only the blackman does not know his history past slavery (either arab or white) and colonization period, it is not even taught in schools. we must know. then we may be proud of what we did good and great, and correct what was shortcoming.

2prexios:
Beloved, you can never change how each individual within a race will see you so they might honour you within your own race. If we are to teach these Elijah Muhamed's new truth to our children, are we not pushing the present to future- as in, 'the struggle of the black man to be relevant in the borrowed ideas of the white man?' I don't know the need for 'syncretism of the gods and chronos'. I am afraid I don't truely need it. But I long for beautification of our realm and the rise of kindness from elected officers to the electorates. If religion will help, good. We can't continue in blame trade forever, how do we grow with lamentation? We should be capable of 'self re~invention' as a people rather than creating the talk slide to take to evade prejudice, the greatest reality in existence. I don't have issue with what people think of me, oh my God, but how to make my thought tangible enough for the same to outlive me. I wont create new mystery, I will use the ones in circulation mysteriously and that's okay.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
The Bible has a way of representing multitudes of people as one single person. This clue can be unlocked by noting how this punctuation mark ':' is used.

Oduduwa is not one single woman. Oduduwa is a mass of (reprobate, idolatrous and devolved) people fleeing war/persecution.

Israel is the Lord's woman. The woman who ate the forbidden fruit. Idolatry.

Isaiah 54:5
5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Jeremiah 3:14
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by 2prexios: 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
I share your sentiments, man of Louis Farakhan. But I will never be subjected to realities borne out of experience that evade my forebears, we are one people with AA but different cultural realities. I am to burden myself on the teachings of Yoruba cultural realities more than I do, Elijah's theology. I belong to the nation of black people, not of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by macof(m): 12:19am On Jan 03, 2015
Oduduwa here is pure spirituality and filled with much symbolism

Odu Ogunda make it clear that Oduduwa is the 16 cosmic energies known each as Odu
Oduduwa here is not the king from the east but a spirit during creation, according to our ancestors, Oduduwa was made to bring about construction and reanimation of the physical plain...after Obatala had tried his much..
Infact most Ifa priest call this spirit "Otete"..by who's power existence came to earth.

According to the Yoruba creation story, Olodumare planted Odu in the world, but it was chaotic as it came with a blast moving fast and needing control, so Obatala was sent to follow up using Odu to set up stars, the stars were however chaotic until Otete came to put them in order and set a boat filled with the remaining Odu to carry existence to all parts of the universe, expanding and animating their structures...in all Otete aka Oduduwa possesed all 16 Odu from Olodumare, and whenever the Irunmole needed the power of Odu, they came to Oduduwa

Oduduwa parented Yemoja, Aganju and Ogun

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by gatiano(m): 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nice one bro, i really love to know more, especially the histories or the story about the deitie and the relationships between all the deities or ancestors. I'm not 100% sure for now, but with the knowledge of the deities and their relationships with one another, We can have a full knowledge of chemistry. example- Ogun is metal and can also be class as alkali metal, Sango is fire (can go with the group where nitrogen is situated on the periodic table, Yemoja is water (liquids) and the Osun (lakes and gases) etc. whiteman's chemistry is incomplete as it deals with three states of matter (gas, liquid and solid), But the blackman's chemistry is complete though we have forgotten, it is complete in the sense that, there are 7 stages before the creation. ('Obatala- magnetism', Sango- electricity, Oshosi- light, Eshu- ether/space, Oshun- gas, Yemoja- liquid, and Ogun-solid).
I do not in anyway mean that the deities were or are non-existance, but we give them less credit than they deserve, because i see them as greater scientists and of supreme knowledge. thankyou.
macof:
Oduduwa here is pure spirituality and filled with much symbolism

Odu Ogunda make it clear that Oduduwa is the 16 cosmic energies known each as Odu
Oduduwa here is not the king from the east but a spirit during creation, according to our ancestors, Oduduwa was made to bring about construction and reanimation of the physical plain...after Obatala had tried his much..
Infact most Ifa priest call this spirit "Otete"..by who's power existence came to earth.

According to the Yoruba creation story, Olodumare planted Odu in the world, but it was chaotic as it came with a blast moving fast and needing control, so Obatala was sent to follow up using Odu to set up stars, the stars were however chaotic until Otete came to put them in order and set a boat filled with the remaining Odu to carry existence to all parts of the universe, expanding and animating their structures...in all Otete aka Oduduwa possesed all 16 Odu from Olodumare, and whenever the Irunmole needed the power of Odu, they came to Oduduwa

Oduduwa parented Yemoja, Aganju and Ogun
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by macof(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
gatiano:
Nice one bro, i really love to know more, especially the histories or the story about the deitie and the relationships between all the deities or ancestors. I'm not 100% sure for now, but with the knowledge of the deities and their relationships with one another, We can have a full knowledge of chemistry. example- Ogun is metal and can also be class as alkali metal, Sango is fire (can go with the group where nitrogen is situated on the periodic table, Yemoja is water (liquids) and the Osun (lakes and gases) etc. whiteman's chemistry is incomplete as it deals with three states of matter (gas, liquid and solid), But the blackman's chemistry is complete though we have forgotten, it is complete in the sense that, there are 7 stages before the creation. ('Obatala- magnetism', Sango- electricity, Oshosi- light, Eshu- ether/space, Oshun- gas, Yemoja- liquid, and Ogun-solid).
I do not in anyway mean that the deities were or are non-existance, but we give them less credit than they deserve, because i see them as greater scientists and of supreme knowledge. thankyou.

Beautiful. I believe what u are trying to pass across is that The Imole represent many universal elements known to science today.
In the past, our ancestors learnt science through spirituality, we presented now scientific facts in so called myths and symbolism thereby the foolish sons of today cannot understand and they make crazy meanings to them and some even utterly insult the knowledge of our ancestors by calling the Imole demons, dead spirits, wood nd stone etc.
I blame foreign religion and it's false doctrines

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oduduwa was in a deep state of idolatrous rebellion against God when he arrived Ile-ife from the East. When Oduduwa arrived, he met Setilu, otherwise called Agboniregun, it was Setilu who thought the Ifa corpus to Oduduwa. Ifa cannot tell specifics about the origin of Oduduwa except what Oduduwa himself weaves into the odus as the story of his origin.

The fact that Oduduwa came from the East is settled by history, Oduduwa is not aboriginal to Southwestern Nigeria. He met aboriginals on ground at Ile-Ife, and because he was coming from a superior culture, he conquered and assimilated the aboriginals.

Sovereigns are called the fathers of their sphere of influence, and because Oduduwa brought development and civilization to the aborigines, he was universally accepted as their father.

Oduduwa is not a single person, Oduduwa is the code for a mass of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
The Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria comprise the Oduduwa and the non-Oduduwa, Israelites and non-Israelites respectively. The lines distinguishing both have blurred over time, and this is biblical, for this, I hasten to note that the death of Christ has destroyed all the dichotomy between Jew and gentile, and according to the promises of God, even a righteous gentile will get a better name and inheritance in the kingdom of God. Every man who works good will be rewarded by God, every man who works evil will also be recompensed by God; because Israel received the laws first, she is the first to be punished 1st Peter 4:17.
Romans 2:10-11
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by KingSango(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:
Oduduwa was in a deep state of idolatrous rebellion against God when he arrived Ile-ife from the East. When Oduduwa arrived, he met Setilu, otherwise called Agboniregun, it was Setilu who thought the Ifa corpus to Oduduwa. Ifa cannot tell specifics about the origin of Oduduwa except what Oduduwa himself weaves into the odus as the story of his origin.

The fact that Oduduwa came from the East is settled by history, Oduduwa is not aboriginal to Southwestern Nigeria. He met aboriginals on ground at Ile-Ife, and because he was coming from a superior culture, he conquered and assimilated the aboriginals.

Sovereigns are called the fathers of their sphere of influence, and because Oduduwa brought development and civilization to the aborigines, he was universally accepted as their father.

Oduduwa is not a single person, Oduduwa is the code for a mass of people.

Sudan and Menroe
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
KingSango:

Sudan and Menroe

I don't understand, elucidate pls
Re: Oduduwa Who Came From Heaven by MrPresident1: 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oduduwa came from the skies, from heaven.

During President Trumps's SOTU speech, he showed us the meaning of this figurative use of words

(1) (Reply)

Deji Of Akure Begins Annual Leave / What Is It With Hausa Men, Kano Especially! / Some Africans Don't Use Deodorant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.